1204 12 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81255209
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12854 ft
Guadeloupe

bonjour

Je reviens de randonnée sur le’ volcan la soufriere en Guadeloupe....sans mon drone. J’ai voulu effectuer le survol d’une crevasse d’où s’échappait beaucoup de vapeur de soufre. Batterie à 100%, le décollage et le début du vol  se passe correctement. Beaucoup de vent et de turbulence lorsque j’arrive au plus dense de lafumée. Je décide donc de revenir à mon point de départ. 50 m d’altidute. Le drone s’est mit à hesiter comme si il était pris dans un courant d’air. Les commandes ne répondirent plus et l’application a mis message « atterrissage d’urgence » avec une croix rouge pour annuler. Le tactile ne repondait pas sur mon iPad mini 4. Le drone a enclenché sa procédure d’atterrissage pour tomber dans le cratère.
Est ce les perturbations magnétiques liées à l’activité du volcan? Associé à ma bêtise de vouloir aller au plus prêt?

Ou alors existe t’il des cas similaires?

Merci
Fred

Hello

I come back to hike on the soufriere volcano in Guadeloupe .... without my drone. I wanted to fly over a crevasse from which a lot of sulfur vapor escaped. 100% battery, takeoff and the start of the flight is going well. A lot of wind and turbulence when I arrive at the densest of the smoke. So I decide to go back to where I started. 50 m of altidute. The drone began to hesitate as if caught in a draft. The orders stopped responding and the app put "emergency landing" message with a red cross to cancel. The touch did not respond on my iPad mini 4. The drone began its landing procedure to fall into the crater.

Is it the magnetic disturbances related to the activity of the volcano? Associated with my stupidity to want to go to the most ready?

Or are there similar cases?

Thank you

2018-3-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It could be extreme heat from the crevasse overheated Sparky.
2018-3-17
Use props
rixdafix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140659 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that you lost your spark. I agree with Rustic17, probably extreme heat. I wonder, were you recording video at the time? It would be interesting to see the cache video on your device if so.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the accident. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support I would recommend you fly in recommended environment and provide the flight records to our support so we can locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-18
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

You are fearless!
2018-3-18
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-17 13:49
It could be extreme heat from the crevasse overheated Sparky.

Translation: ton Spark a peut-être surchauffé à cause de la chaleur des vapeurs.
2018-3-18
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder too whether or not the hight sulphur and moisture content of the air may have penetrated the hull and thus affected the junctions on the boards.
2018-3-18
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

embayweather Posted at 2018-3-18 04:59
I wonder too whether or not the hight sulphur and moisture content of the air may have penetrated the hull and thus affected the junctions on the boards.

But he says it made an emergency landing, that would rather point to high internal temperatures (thus the software deciding to abort the flight, to prevent even higher temperatures). If the board had been affected, the AC would have done something unpredictable, like stop working or fly away. An emergency landing indicates that the board was still working, IMO.
2018-3-18
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

1)  Soufriere in Guadeloupe is a VERY humid environment with constant fog and clouds. So flying there is very risky.

2) It is a national park and flying in national park in France (Guadeloupe is part of) is strictly forbidden!
2018-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A simple switch for normal mode to sport mode would have canceled landing, if it can’t stand the heat get out of the volcano.
2018-3-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Flying over volcanoes is the second most popular disposal method for people who want to get rid of their drone.  Flying over water is the most popular.  

Put on your big boy pants and go get your Spark!  
2018-3-18
Use props
fans81255209
lvl.1
France

_pk Posted at 2018-3-18 07:36
1)  Soufriere in Guadeloupe is a VERY humid environment with constant fog and clouds. So flying there is very risky.

2) It is a national park and flying in national park in France (Guadeloupe is part of) is strictly forbidden!

1. I confirm.
2. That is true. In France it is forbidden to fly everywhere so.
2018-3-18
Use props
fans81255209
lvl.1
France

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-18 09:04
Flying over volcanoes is the second most popular disposal method for people who want to get rid of their drone.  Flying over water is the most popular.  

Put on your big boy pants and go get your Spark!

Yep but no. I will go to the shop and buy another one. Next time I will fly in safe places.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules