Stains on the drone hull
1470 30 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183573 ft
Brazil

Good night guys ... I noticed that my drone has external patches on his hull on the front ... anyone know what it can be ??
I'm afraid my drone is breaking down ....
look at the photos !!!
It's a blue stain that seems to come from the inside out ... just in front of the drone !!!

Blue Mark

Blue Mark
20180317_194730.jpg

Blue mark

Blue mark
2018-3-17
Use props
OneTenthOfAMileHighClub
lvl.2
Australia

Can't detect any colouration in the markings, but perhaps small insects having eaten something blue? Blueberries?

Any markings from above the centre join have not come from inside the Phantom.
2018-3-17
Use props
OneTenthOfAMileHighClub
lvl.2
Australia

...and the leading edge of the propellers? Anything?
2018-3-17
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like they're in the same spot on both sides. Being symmetrical like that, it's unlikely it would be something you hit. I'd more suspect something during manufacture.
2018-3-17
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

OneTenthOfAMileHighClub Posted at 2018-3-17 16:52
Can't detect any colouration in the markings, but perhaps small insects having eaten something blue? Blueberries?

Any markings from above the centre join have not come from inside the Phantom.

They are not insects and blackberries ... they are blue marks ... that I have tried to clean ... more is from the inside out ....
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-18 03:03
Have you tried some goo gone , it may be residue from the sticker you have on in the middle as that looks very telling.    Goo Gone may solve it.

is not adhesive ... the only sticker placed is the one on the front that appears in the photos
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-17 17:21
It looks like they're in the same spot on both sides. Being symmetrical like that, it's unlikely it would be something you hit. I'd more suspect something during manufacture.

Just FatherXmas ... are symmetrical marks from the inside out ... on the same points on both sides ... I suspect it's a faulty hull or something similar during the manufacture ... but I do not have the guarantee to be able to change or send to DJI for inquiry or exchange ...
2018-3-18
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could that be cracking that hasn't penetrated through to the surface? Have you noticed the vibration or shaking right before of after touchdown? You marks look to be in the same place others have experienced cracks.

Jeff
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Jeff I do not know what I think is even internal cracks .... there is no vibration before or after the marks ... I'm afraid of losing my drone ... because there is no guarantee here in Brazil !!!
2018-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JaponesCaoio Posted at 2018-3-18 04:21
Jeff I do not know what I think is even internal cracks .... there is no vibration before or after the marks ... I'm afraid of losing my drone ... because there is no guarantee here in Brazil !!!

I've never heard of anyone losing a Phantom because of stains or discolouration.
2018-3-18
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Just a thought but could they be marks from your storage box ? i wouldn't think they are from the production because they are on both upper and lower in the same place, these parts would be moulded on  separate tools and bought together in assembly .
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Dirty bird ... I store and transport the drone in a proper backpack ... look at the photos !!! and already tried to clean ... more the marks are internal even ....
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

I do not use the controller above the drone ... I put it in the top compartment ... and the nose is down ... and with the tests carried out for 10 minutes there was no transfer of color to a white cloth and damp on neither side of the backpack
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Yes ... he still flies perfectly ... but I'm afraid he'll break and fall on the floor ... very expensive device here in Brazil ... on average from $ 2,300 to $ 3,000 dollar ... I can not lose him .... wanted someone to know what it is to avoid falling and losing !!!
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I've forwarded these pictures to our engineers for the double check, will come back as long as there is an update. Thanks for your patience.
2018-3-18
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 23:53
I've forwarded these pictures to our engineers for the double check, will come back as long as there is an update. Thanks for your patience.

ok ... thank you Susan .... I am very worried and afraid to lose my device on flights ... I will try to take better pictures today for better analysis !!
2018-3-19
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

ok ... thank you Susan .... I am very worried and afraid to lose my device on flights ... I will try to take better pictures today for better analysis !!
2018-3-19
Use props
Trehanek
New

Hong Kong

They are not cracks, it looks like the shell of the drone is dyed by the backpack.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JaponesCaoio Posted at 2018-3-19 06:01
ok ... thank you Susan .... I am very worried and afraid to lose my device on flights ... I will try to take better pictures today for better analysis !!

Japones, 23# is the reply from our engineers. Do not worry, this will not affect the flight safety.
2018-3-20
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Can you guarantee that, Susan? I do not have insurance of the device, and I do not want to lose it ... DJI CARE ... unfortunately does not operate in the country Brazil ... besides paying double the value of a drone .... we still have to bear the damage if he goes to the floor !!!   {: 4_109:}
2018-3-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't worry, JaponesCaoio. If it falls, it won't be because of a few stains.
2018-3-21
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

JaponesCaoio Posted at 2018-3-21 03:04
Can you guarantee that, Susan? I do not have insurance of the device, and I do not want to lose it ... DJI CARE ... unfortunately does not operate in the country Brazil ... besides paying double the value of a drone .... we still have to bear the damage if he goes to the floor !!!   {: 4_109:}

From the pictures you provided, it looks like the stains are on the front of the drone where it is in contact with the backpack support.  Are the stains only on the front side of the drone?
2018-3-21
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

To me they look like many thin blue circular patterns drawn around various parts of the drone !  
2018-3-21
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-3-21 03:47
From the pictures you provided, it looks like the stains are on the front of the drone where it is in contact with the backpack support.  Are the stains only on the front side of the drone?

not the drone's contact with the backpack ... I've already changed the drone's fit ... up and down ... and I tested it to see if the backpack that released the ink ... more is not. .. the stain is on the inside of the drone casing ... not on the outside ... I'm afraid it's the beginning of a crack or a break !!!
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JaponesCaoio Posted at 2018-3-21 09:33
not the drone's contact with the backpack ... I've already changed the drone's fit ... up and down ... and I tested it to see if the backpack that released the ink ... more is not. .. the stain is on the inside of the drone casing ... not on the outside ... I'm afraid it's the beginning of a crack or a break !!!

Cracks look like cracks.
They don't start as discolouration
Forget about it, it's not a structural problem.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nothing that a bit of sugar soap can’t sort out....
2018-3-21
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Maybe just dirt gets attracted there because of static charge? Anyway, doesn't look like anything you should be worried about.
2018-3-21
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 10:51
You said you store the RC in the top of the case not in the RC slot.  Is that the same material as where the front of the drone touches?  Is there any discoloration on the RC where it makes contact?

Dirty dirt ... the control compartment is the same material as the rest of the backpack ... and there's nothing wrong with the control ... just with the drone ... I left it stored for 3 days aside to see if there were spots on the sides ... and nothing ... just in front of it !!!
2018-3-21
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 13:49
Nothing that a bit of sugar soap can’t sort out....

hallmark 007 ... I already did the complete cleaning on the device ... and do not leave the stain!
2018-3-21
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-3-21 14:25
Maybe just dirt gets attracted there because of static charge? Anyway, doesn't look like anything you should be worried about.

I hope so it is !!!!
2018-3-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

During manufacture, and the injection molding process...it does not take much for a bit of off color plastic to get in the mix......as it's injected into the mold the color can show up anywhere, or not show up at all.

I would be disappointed if this happened to me,  but knowing injection molding, structurally it should be fine.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules