New update sets people to beginner mode if they can't log in!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qEONOiNcFLrt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72549 ft
United States

Just had the option to update the firmware on the Phantom this afternoon, and the newest version wants you to log into your account before allowing you to fly more than 50 meters away from the transmitter.  For those using Ipad minis without being near to an internet service, you will not be able to fly past 50 meters!  The new software requires you to log into your account before flying.  This update is really bugging me, because I spent good money for a good drone, that has range to it, and now they throw a wrench to keep me teathered to their sight.  Anyone else have issues with this?  I just got the drone a week ago.  Did I miss something, or is this the new norm?

2018-3-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's the new norm.  After an update, always do a test flight where you have an internet connection.
2018-3-17
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

I think your misunderstanding this. You don’t need to always be signed in. You just need to sign in once after the firmware update. After that your fine.
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_qEONOiNcFLrt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72549 ft
United States

Thanks for the information.  Lots of reading to be familiar with the drone, and that is a relief that my Ipad Mini won't keep me tethered.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_qEONOiNcFLrt Posted at 2018-3-17 16:10
Thanks for the information.  Lots of reading to be familiar with the drone, and that is a relief that my Ipad Mini won't keep me tethered.

I would recommend you log in the account when it connects to Internet access before flight. Then you can fly your drone without Internet access. Thanks for your support.  
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules