What Does Mavic Pro Remote Controller Flashing Mean?
5281 25 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey All,

I've noticed a white flashing of the Remote Controller icon from the Mavic Pro, usually whenever there's the start of some RD interference? Can anyone explain the exact meaning(s) of why this white flashing occurs on the DJI GO 4 App?? Does it also simultaneously flash on the Remote Controller itself?

Is it something to keep an eye on and to fly cautiously when seeing? Is there anything one can do to improve this error and can you also somehow apply a type of action, which will cause this icon not to flash?

Thank you in advance.

2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Refer to my thread here started with just a simple flashing at around 800 to 1000 meters and now at 300 meters it flash and disconnects.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D391%26typeid%3D391
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the flashing RC icon means that there is strong interference. Please change to another place without interference to verify.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Suren Posted at 2018-3-17 22:21
Refer to my thread here started with just a simple flashing at around 800 to 1000 meters and now at 300 meters it flash and disconnects.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=140711&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D391%26typeid%3D391

Hi Suren, I've read your post and replied as well, please keep us updated there, thanks so much!
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 23:15
Hey there, the flashing RC icon means that there is strong interference. Please change to another place without interference to verify.

I fly with the Spark in the same exact locations and never receive any signal issues and experience good range quite nicely?

The flashing issue yesterday I noticed was sometimes showing the RC and then also the HD was flashing itself? It happens every time flying the Mavic Pro using my Samsung S7?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-19 07:49
I fly with the Spark in the same exact locations and never receive any signal issues and experience good range quite nicely?

The flashing issue yesterday I noticed was sometimes showing the RC and then also the HD was flashing itself? It happens every time flying the Mavic Pro using my Samsung S7?

Do you enable the airplane mode? Please turn off the Bluetooth to see whether it works. If the issue remains, please kindly upload the screen recording to further review, thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 00:49
Do you enable the airplane mode? Please turn off the Bluetooth to see whether it works. If the issue remains, please kindly upload the screen recording to further review, thanks!

I can upload a picture - I'm in Airplane Mode and my Bluetooth and WiFi are always turned off when I plug my Samsung S7 device into the Remote Controller - except I hear from other posts the Samsung S7 can be exhibiting the problem, I just want to know if this flashing would be replicated on the RC itself?
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-21 11:11
I can upload a picture - I'm in Airplane Mode and my Bluetooth and WiFi are always turned off when I plug my Samsung S7 device into the Remote Controller - except I hear from other posts the Samsung S7 can be exhibiting the problem, I just want to know if this flashing would be replicated on the RC itself?[view_image]

Here's another screenshot of the RC Icon flashing in the DJI GO 4 App.

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-21 11:16
Here's another screenshot of the RC Icon flashing in the DJI GO 4 App.

[view_image]

Does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-24 00:31
Does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

I haven't used any other mobile device because DJI lists Samsung S7 as approved mobile device, I have an LG Nexus 5 Google Smartphone that I can use but the input is opposite the Samsung so I would need to use the main USB under the Remote Controller, which gives a lot more slack than the cord pre-installed on the RC.

Can you comment what is the meaning of the flashing and what causes it? Thanks.
2018-3-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-24 07:03
I haven't used any other mobile device because DJI lists Samsung S7 as approved mobile device, I have an LG Nexus 5 Google Smartphone that I can use but the input is opposite the Samsung so I would need to use the main USB under the Remote Controller, which gives a lot more slack than the cord pre-installed on the RC.

Page 46 section 8 in the manual explains:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V2.0-.pdf
2018-3-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-24 08:57
Page 46 section 8 in the manual explains:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic%20Pro%20User%20Manual%20V2.0-.pdf

Yes, I read that but my inquiry was this seems to be happening about 1-2 minutes into flight and lasts the entire flight even when I bring in the Mavic close range to land?

Thanks for the information.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-24 07:03
I haven't used any other mobile device because DJI lists Samsung S7 as approved mobile device, I have an LG Nexus 5 Google Smartphone that I can use but the input is opposite the Samsung so I would need to use the main USB under the Remote Controller, which gives a lot more slack than the cord pre-installed on the RC.

The RC icon will flash if the aircraft and RC do not have a solid connection. For your issue, I'm sorry that you need to send the unit in for further diagnosis.
2018-3-26
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you know anyone else with a MP that can test the same area? Guessing there is some heavy interference.
I think the Spark and MP use diff RC signals... RF vs Ocusync so the comparison of the 2 is pointless in this case.
2018-3-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 23:40
The RC icon will flash if the aircraft and RC do not have a solid connection. For your issue, I'm sorry that you need to send the unit in for further diagnosis.

I will send it in, I have to send in both my drones, My Spark camera isn't balancing well when I fly pitch left and right in GPS mode. The Spark camera is droop from side to side more pronounced than it usually does, I can attach a video of the problem if you prefer?h
2018-3-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-3-27 02:54
Do you know anyone else with a MP that can test the same area? Guessing there is some heavy interference.
I think the Spark and MP use diff RC signals... RF vs Ocusync so the comparison of the 2 is pointless in this case.

I will ask around but it doesn't matter where I fly the Mavic Pro in my area, the same RC and HD icons start to flash. I don't recognize any problems when this happens with HD quality or RC control, except that I notice the Icons flashing during my flight and it is just annoying.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-27 07:58
I will send it in, I have to send in both my drones, My Spark camera isn't balancing well when I fly pitch left and right in GPS mode. The Spark camera is droop from side to side more pronounced than it usually does, I can attach a video of the problem if you prefer?h

David, if you are going to both drones, please kindly start two cases separately, the local team will take care after the packages arrived. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-28 02:25
David, if you are going to both drones, please kindly start two cases separately, the local team will take care after the packages arrived. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.

I spoke with DJI Technical Support and we ran over some troubleshooting steps of trying to reset the gimbal for the Spark, along with IMU and Compass Calibrations to see if those adjustments readjusted the camera, and from my initial tests the problem still persists. I'm going to do some more test flights to see if I can get the camera back on track.

On my Mavic Pro, it's pretty strange in that this is the second Mavic Pro I've owned. They both, I experienced, have the same flashing problems when I am using my Samsung S7 smartphone. My smartphone handles both the Spark and Mavic Pro exceptionally well, I rarely have lagging issues, and I get good range and video performance.  

Can DJI Technical Support comment about whether or not the Samsung S7, in their testing, performs similarly with the icon flashing along the top screen? I understand the S7 is an approved device, and I've read on these boards that other people with the S7 also have experienced the same RC & HD icon flashing?

My Spark likely requires sending it in for diagnostic testing of the camera. For my Mavic Pro, I don't have another smart device to use on it. I have an LG Google Nexus 5, but it's not an approved device, and I think, aside from the S8 or S9, iOS is the only likely substitute?

I only have 8 flights under my Mavic, so it's basically brand new. It is two weeks old and if for some reason the unit needs to be replaced, my preference is a brand new replacement, but I understand refurbished units are sometimes provided.

DJI would primarily attempt to resolve the issue of my current Mavic and return it back to me repaired? If my Mavic cannot be repaired, what should my expectations be on how the process would proceed? I live in Phoenix, AZ where the gorgeous weather for flying is about to end. I'm basically trying to get in all my seasonal flying before we see our excessive heat roll in. Basically, flying for me is going to be very limited once triple digits arrive, as I believe it would be very dangerous to fly in that kind of weather?

Thank you for your assistance.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 03:40
I spoke with DJI Technical Support and we ran over some troubleshooting steps of trying to reset the gimbal for the Spark, along with IMU and Compass Calibrations to see if those adjustments readjusted the camera, and from my initial tests the problem still persists. I'm going to do some more test flights to see if I can get the camera back on track.

On my Mavic Pro, it's pretty strange in that this is the second Mavic Pro I've owned. They both, I experienced, have the same flashing problems when I am using my Samsung S7 smartphone. My smartphone handles both the Spark and Mavic Pro exceptionally well, I rarely have lagging issues, and I get good range and video performance.  

The local team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution. I'm sorry it is hard to tell exactly what's wrong at this moment.
2018-3-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 03:40
I spoke with DJI Technical Support and we ran over some troubleshooting steps of trying to reset the gimbal for the Spark, along with IMU and Compass Calibrations to see if those adjustments readjusted the camera, and from my initial tests the problem still persists. I'm going to do some more test flights to see if I can get the camera back on track.

Hi David. From suffering from the exact same issue has you I have rectified this issue. What I have done to fix this was a full firmware refresh, imu re-calibrate and gimble calibrate. this seemed to have fixed the issue for me on both my Samsung and iPhone devices, I am also not using the side port for connection to my phone anymore from the RC but using the bottom usb port with the original cables that came with the phones. I have never suffered this issue since the last 2 weeks after doing the steps above. Actually getting pretty good range now with a rock solid mavic(flying at least).
2018-3-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-3-29 23:52
Hi David. From suffering from the exact same issue has you I have rectified this issue. What I have done to fix this was a full firmware refresh, imu re-calibrate and gimble calibrate. this seemed to have fixed the issue for me on both my Samsung and iPhone devices, I am also not using the side port for connection to my phone anymore from the RC but using the bottom usb port with the original cables that came with the phones. I have never suffered this issue since the last 2 weeks after doing the steps above. Actually getting pretty good range now with a rock solid mavic(flying at least).

Thanks Suren, I will look into it. I'm just liking the wire simplicity of using the side USB included wire into my phone. With your solution, I would need an OTG cable to connect via my phone. It's not something I'm opposed to doing, but as DJI intended for the connection would be my first preference. Thank you.
2018-3-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-29 23:15
The local team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution. I'm sorry it is hard to tell exactly what's wrong at this moment.

Is the local team out of the California location being I am in Arizona? Thank you.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-30 10:35
Is the local team out of the California location being I am in Arizona? Thank you.

Sorry for the confusion. The local I mentioned here is our US Official Service Center. You can visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
Recommended Service Centers.png
2018-4-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-2 01:44
Sorry for the confusion. The local I mentioned here is our US Official Service Center. You can visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

OK Susan I will contact them about my issues with my Spark's Camera Gimbal tilt shake when flying side -to-side, & my Mavic Pro's Controller flashing issue.

Thank you
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-2 07:40
OK Susan I will contact them about my issues with my Spark's Camera Gimbal tilt shake when flying side -to-side, & my Mavic Pro's Controller flashing issue.

Thank you

You are welcome. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, please contact us anytime, we're glad to help.
2018-4-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-3 01:42
You are welcome. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, please contact us anytime, we're glad to help.

My pleasure, I will keep you all in the loop the entire way of the process. Thank you.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules