Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Good pointers for new pilots found while surfing the tinter
770 26 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was looking at V-Drone this morning and found the following pointers. Not bad actually and all make sense. Old hat for hardened pilots but useful for the newbies -

https://vdr.one/top-10-common-dji-pilot-errors/
2018-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Thanks.  I will have to test #8.  "But since the aircraft is out of the 20m radius from the home point, at that very moment before drone touches the ground it lifts up automatically to the failsafe RTH height, and flies to the home point. "
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing with us. We also make a video of the Safety Tips, please check this:

2018-3-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 22:52
Thanks for sharing with us. We also make a video of the Safety Tips, please check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PxMm9uR0A&feature=youtu.be

LOL...The front screen before you play looks like it's been made for the Children's Channel.....
2018-3-19
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

I'm a new pilot. There were two items that caught my attention:

First is an observation. The article credits this forum as the source of the information.

Second is a question. Will the stick commands under number one really shut down the motors while in flight? I was thinking the motors could only be shut down mid flight if there were certain malfunctions.
2018-3-19
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

That article was almost taken verbatim from this video!
2018-3-19
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-19 07:27

First is an observation. The article credits this forum as the source of the information.

Nope. They will shut down the motors. It is very advisable to avoid this stick combination.
2018-3-19
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is one stick combination I wish could just not be functional.   
2018-3-19
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-3-19 08:31
This is one stick combination I wish could just not be functional.

If you think about when you are flying and what the stick combo would do in the air - drop altitude, turn right, go backwards and bank left - It's one of the most unlikely flying manoeuvres a pilot would do as it would just be a mess.
2018-3-19
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

It is always good to have a refreshing course on the do's and don'ts of drone flying.

Mr. Matt's  tutorial was informative. Wonder where I can get a DJI shirt like his?
2018-3-19
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-19 08:17
Nope. They will shut down the motors. It is very advisable to avoid this stick combination.

That's crazy! I would like a confirmation warning before shutting down the motors in mid flight. This makes be hesitant to drop altitude and fly back wards.
2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one
2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, I have seen that one
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:20
LOL...The front screen before you play looks like it's been made for the Children's Channel.....

Hahaha, I have the same feeling when first see this video.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-19 07:27

Silvex, the video was posted about two years ago. At that time, the CSC will stop the motors for most Phantom drones. In the Mavic series, this feature has been changed, CSC will not stop the motor unless the drone is in an abnormal status. Anyway, it's always better do not perform CSC in the middle air.
2018-3-21
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 00:09
Hahaha, I have the same feeling when first see this video.

LOLS all round then.
2018-3-21
Use props
Captain Mal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

New user here and #10 caught me when in sport mode. I nearly flew into a tree. Even though I knew there was increased braking distance, I had never seen or experienced it in practice. it Braking distance is no joke when going 40mph.
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very nicely done, thank you!
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 00:18
Silvex, the video was posted about two years ago. At that time, the CSC will stop the motors for most Phantom drones. In the Mavic series, this feature has been changed, CSC will not stop the motor unless the drone is in an abnormal status. Anyway, it's always better do not perform CSC in the middle air.

Oh, that is new information concerning CSC, thank you for sharing it!
2018-3-21
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting this. This is really helpful not only for the noobs but also for the experienced ones.
2018-3-21
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 00:18
Silvex, the video was posted about two years ago. At that time, the CSC will stop the motors for most Phantom drones. In the Mavic series, this feature has been changed, CSC will not stop the motor unless the drone is in abnormal status. Anyway, it's always better do not perform CSC in the middle air.

So to confirm what you are saying, a CSC will not stop the Mavic Pro motors in flight unless an obstacle is detected?
2018-3-21
Use props
sky6105
First Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Very good information thank you
2018-3-21
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Thanks for the link.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-21 10:27
So to confirm what you are saying, a CSC will not stop the Mavic Pro motors in flight unless an obstacle is detected?

Sorry for the confusion. According to the current logic of Mavic Pro, CSC will stop the motors unless the drone is in an abnormal status. We will update if the logic changes. I‘ve edited the original reply to avoid further troubles.
2018-3-22
Use props
Dorset_Horn
First Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

Number three, yes, that was meeeeeee!
2018-3-22
Use props
Silvex
lvl.4

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 03:04
Sorry for the confusion. According to the current logic of Mavic Pro, CSC will stop the motors unless the drone is in an abnormal status. We will update if the logic changes. I‘ve edited the original reply to avoid further troubles.

Thanks for the clarification!

May I suggest a confirmation warning before shutting off the motors mid flight? A simple: "Are you sure you want to shut off the motors?" would be very helpful.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-22 12:31
Thanks for the clarification!

May I suggest a confirmation warning before shutting off the motors mid flight? A simple: "Are you sure you want to shut off the motors?" would be very helpful.

Well, I'll forward this to the right team, hope they can consider this in the future.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules