Almost crash to get the INDOOR videos (outdoors too)
2492 27 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Hi, just made a new video, I am looking for comments, thoughts... I almost hit the lights lol, luckly I survived and got some awesome footages... Please give me your priceless feedback.

much appreciated!

Here's the second version, made some adjustment on expouse and colors. But personally feel like there are some shots still not in the right color, someone like JIM expert here please help.

2015-5-5
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Would you tell me which part of footage is your favorite. Thank you!
2015-5-5
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

and what is your favorite color
2015-5-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

When can I move in?   

Great job, I thought it all looked fantastic and was very effective!

And if you aren't in constant danger of crashing then you aren't being daring enough!   
2015-5-5
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Where is this place? How much does a home  cost there?
2015-5-5
Use props
crisis72
lvl.1

Germany

Way to much green and overexposed!
2015-5-5
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

crisis72@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-6 14:59

ND filters from renaat will help a lot smoothing out the over-exposed highlights..excellent video otherwise
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

For next time....

A number of shots are overexposed.  If anything is bleached to solid white in a shot, especially the sky, an adjustment is called for.  Setting the camera to manual, dropping the ISO to its lowest setting of 100, and using an ND filter will all help.  Until you get some darker ND filters (from Renaat or elsewhere) you then need to increase the shutter speed to get the exposure under control.  The color balance is shifted significantly toward green and colors appear significantly oversaturated.

Nice shot choices, good pace, nice choice of music.
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I agree with you, let me see what I can do with those overexposed shots,  Thank you for the comments.
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-6 16:07
ND filters from renaat will help a lot smoothing out the over-exposed highlights..excellent video  ...

I believe I put the ND filter on the camera when I did all the shots. I might need to set manual on camera to adjust the brightness.
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-6 21:43
For next time....

A number of shots are overexposed.  If anything is bleached to solid white in a s ...

Thank you for the comments. I believe I put the dji ND filter on, I am not sure what filter from Renaat? could you give me a link if its possible. I agree with you there are some shots are overexposed. I will try to set manual next time to watch out the iso. Thank you for your suggestion.
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-6 16:07
ND filters from renaat will help a lot smoothing out the over-exposed highlights..excellent video  ...

Thank you for the comments, I will try the renaat nd filter.
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I agree with that. I will try to set camera on manual next time. for the green, I was trying to compensate with RGB curve, however, if I decrease the green, it will looks more redish, because of the material of the roof and concrete road, I am still fighting the colors...
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Goodwill Posted at 2015-5-6 13:34

It's in Texas DFW area, the community is called LightFarms. starting from $240
2015-5-6
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-6 12:38
When can I move in?   

Great job, I thought it all looked fantastic and was very effective!

Jim, you can move in whenever you want, so we can take some amazing shots together...loll. for the indoor fly, it was scary, but luckily, the indoor floor are polished concrete with part of carpet on the top, so it's kind trick, when fly on the top of concrete, the vision position works perfect, however when it touch a little carpet, it start to drafting... so I had to concentrate on the drone rather than the camera.  
2015-5-6
Use props
sam1am
lvl.1
United States

Did you fly through the gym door? You're insane!
2015-5-7
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

Great work!  Nice and smooth flying! What camera was used for the ground time lapse shots?
2015-5-7
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jonathanp Posted at 2015-5-8 02:17
Great work!  Nice and smooth flying! What camera was used for the ground time lapse shots?

it's inspire 1 camera
2015-5-7
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Goodwill Posted at 2015-5-6 13:34

Hi Goodwill,

Here's the LightFarms website:

you can even find a home through their website interactive map.

http://lightfarmstx.com/

Thank you.
2015-5-7
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-5-8 03:16
Hi Goodwill,

Here's the LightFarms website:

It's the most popular Master plan community in North Texas area.
2015-5-7
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

sam1am Posted at 2015-5-8 02:08
Did you fly through the gym door? You're insane!

Yes, I was crazy, but luckily, it worked out, I guess because the floor works great for vision position.
2015-5-7
Use props
bobbymanson
lvl.2

United States

howie121218.  I work in Celina.  Nice video.  I have a set of the renaat filters I can show you.  Let me know if you want to get together and compare notes.  *o**ymanson@me.com  (substitute the *'s with b's).
2015-5-7
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Totally agree  Color looks unnatural
2015-5-7
Use props
TimG
lvl.1

United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-5-6 22:17
I agree with that. I will try to set camera on manual next time. for the green, I was trying to co ...

Great work Howie.

Your compositions are beautiful. Seriously. I love the combination of drone, static and timelapse.

In terms of exposure and 'look', at first I was slightly put off by the high contrast, high saturation effect but then it grew on me. It certainly has style, which is reinforced by the music choice (which is very clean, upbeat and hip). Color correction is so subjective so I would recommend you go with what you like (and what your client likes).

My only criticism would be that it's running long. You have a very, very effective video here. It sells the property really well. It looks like a really cool place to live and that's all your client can ask for. I'd be absolutely brutal with your next pass in the edit and cut all the shots that don't move the story forward. You're selling the community, the houses, the amenities. You can do that in half the time. In fact, you want to compel the prospective home owner to want MORE information. To actually visit the community. 90% of the shots should introduce some new element of the environment to a prospective home owner. Don't let them get bored.

It's a great marketing piece. You should be proud. Thanks for sharing.
2015-5-8
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

TimG Posted at 2015-5-9 11:41
Great work Howie.

Your compositions are beautiful. Seriously. I love the combination of drone, st ...

Tim, Thank you very much for your comments.
the 2 mins video is pretty much the shortest I could go, you actually see something like CSA, farmers market, and bee farms which are not too much related to drone footages or as you said don't move the story forward, but that's the community lifestyle which they really want them to be in the video, the Client focus on not only selling properties, but also selling life style which they really want to focus on "family" instead of houses which is I liked too. so the next version on this video, i might involved more social activities, evens etc... the property and amenities won't change much.

As for the "Look", when people are fighting with the color correcting, it normally took couple of days and different views from different times. at first time, I thought the color looks great, but the other day, I reviewed the video again and again, I found out some shots are really too bright, or too much greenish, so it just needed to be tweaked several times. erveryone has their own preference, that's why i posed here to get general comments on how people like it so I can improve in the future.
2015-5-8
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

bobbymanson@me. Posted at 2015-5-8 04:36
howie121218.  I work in Celina.  Nice video.  I have a set of the renaat filters I can show you.  Le ...

Bobby,

Thank you very much, what a small world. I am going to order some filters, I found the links on the forum.
2015-5-8
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-8 04:43
Totally agree  Color looks unnatural

still tweaking on colors. Thank you for your comment.
2015-5-8
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Made some changes, hope it's getting better. Looking for the comments.
2015-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules