Some poor camera work by a supposed "Pro"
1643 21 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

This ought to make all of us feel better about our skills.  There was a 4 alarm fire in San Francisco today, and one of our TV stations has had a drone for almost 3 years to cover these things.  Take a look at the flying and camera skills of this one they did today.  Terrible pan near the beginning, then flying directly over the building while emergency crews are still working on it.  The drone they have is about 5 times the size of an Inspire.
http://abc7news.com/droneview7-s ... ire-damage/3231362/
2018-3-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very true observation, thank you for sharing and please tell them to hire us next time ;-)
2018-3-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only watched about 40 seconds of that before my eyelids started feeling heavy LOL - reminds me of my very first flight with my P3P back in the day... yeah, it's that bad!
2018-3-18
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Thanks - i needed that, makes me feel better indeed
2018-3-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"Terrible pan near the beginning,"

Looks like person flying it was trying to Tilt camera down, and instead used Pan control?
2018-3-18
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

it dont even look like its been edited in anyway very unprofessional piece of work
2018-3-18
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

You would think a drone that size would do better videos.

2018-3-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Pro only means that they make money from it...
2018-3-19
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

At least now I don't feel bad about my videos..
2018-3-19
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

If that is considered a Pro , then I should not have a problem posting some of my videos  
2018-3-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Well - there's hope for us all
2018-3-19
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

I only made it 5 seconds into the advertisement, then I killed it.  So ... thanks for the ad.
2018-3-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

KryptoNyte Posted at 2018-3-19 15:36
I only made it 5 seconds into the advertisement, then I killed it.  So ... thanks for the ad.

Too bad you didn't go further.  You'd have seen the drone, as the other comments addressed.  There was no way that I could get just the video, so I had to link the full news article and its embedded ad.  It's not a very long one  ~ 15 seconds.
2018-3-19
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

"An expensive fishing pole does not a fisherman make"
Do fancy golf clubs make one a better golfer?
Practice and talent cannot be bought, sold or stolen.
2018-3-19
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

No comment... lol... anyway hope there is no one injured
2018-3-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Pilot For Hire.
2018-3-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-3-19 20:15
Drone Pilot For Hire.

Don't forget, I've seen you fly.  Just what they needed - a drone flying through burnt out doorways at 60 mph.  
2018-3-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-19 20:23
Don't forget, I've seen you fly.  Just what they needed - a drone flying through burnt out doorways at 60 mph.

I was thinking you, but that does sound fun. The wind from the props could help put out the flames.
2018-3-19
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-19 16:45
Too bad you didn't go further.  You'd have seen the drone, as the other comments addressed.  There was no way that I could get just the video, so I had to link the full news article and its embedded ad.  It's not a very long one  ~ 15 seconds.

Was the drone shown?  I never saw it.  I just saw the view hovering over a burnt out roof.  Clipped in with other footage along with the voice over by a female model, it is probably fine to watch on the evening news.  ",...in the latest news, we made money by selling advertising on this story we wrote based on a real life tragedy."

I thought that thread picture with the fool wearing flight patches prepping his drone was pretty funny.  Does he wear a parachute and flight helmet when he flies it?  TopGun scarf flapping in the wind as Snoopy goes up to battle the Red Baron?
2018-3-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-19 21:28
Was the drone shown?  I never saw it.  I just saw the view hovering over a burnt out roof.  Clipped in with other footage along with the voice over by a female model, it is probably fine to watch on the evening news.  ",...in the latest news, we made money by selling advertising on this story we wrote based on a real life tragedy."

I thought that thread picture with the fool wearing flight patches prepping his drone was pretty funny.  Does he wear a parachute and flight helmet when he flies it?  TopGun scarf flapping in the wind as Snoopy goes up to battle the Red Baron?

The thread pic you saw WAS that drone.  There was another link at the bottom of the story saying "more about New Center 7" showing their drone and pilot.  
2018-3-20
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, makes me feel better. When I thought I make the ugliest panning and aerial shots.
2018-3-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see this sort of thing all the time... there was another one last week I watched with the school walkout gun protest thingy... flying over students and traffic, LIVE ON FACEBOOK even. Not sure if they had a permit to do that but it looks like you can fly and do whatever you want these days and nobody will enforce safety or fine the violators. You can even fly over ER crews and do a horrible job covering from the sky and still get paid. Ill bet the drone pilot was the 54 yr old news anchor lady... she didnt have a clue and only got it airborne after watching a few youtube vids. haha

2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules