How to interpret advisory
654 4 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Was studying my local area on AirMap and noticed something curious about the fly zones surrounding the regional airport that's near us. It's easy to see where the no fly zone is. But I am confused as to how to interpret the advisories. Per the advisories, it states that flying above a certain altitude in a certain area of the grid is hazardous. I get that, but it also states that you need to notify the airport AND the FAA if you want to fly within a specific grid. I only thought you had to notify the airport. If you wanted to fly there, how would you even go about notifying the FAA? I'm not looking to fly there, because there are plenty of nicer places to fly closer to home. I was merely curious about the advisory and was hoping someone could shed some light on this. Thanks.

https://app.airmap.io/geo?39.711926,-77.741910,11.390047z

HGR.jpg
2018-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You would need to be certified 107 and probably need a SOP, if it’s NFZ you will also need to get dji to remove. Once you have 107 you will have all contacts at FAA.
2018-3-18
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-18 14:00
You would need to be certified 107 and probably need a SOP, if it’s NFZ you will also need to get dji to remove. Once you have 107 you will have all contacts at FAA.

Thank you. That makes sense.
2018-3-19
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Can you check https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer  dji map for safe fly if it has a red zone
2018-3-19
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
United States

The red zone on DJI's map appears to correspond to the no fly zone on AirMap.  The Enhanced Warning zone on the DJI Map also corresponds to what's on AirMap. However, AirMap appears to have a bit more detail. But, if you call the proper authorities they probably would inform you of the maximum altitude at which you can fly within than Enhanced Warning Zone.

Save
Save
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules