729 4 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newbie here on second MA flight. Was flying LOS (thank goodness) and I was in the sun so I was having a hard time seeing my new mini 4 in the sun so I scrolled up the settings to check the brightness and put it up. The mini went to the setting page and left the dji app.  Since I am an android guy I am used to just hitting the back button on my S7 so I panicked as I did not know exactly how to go back to the dji app, so I just hit the home button on the mini and it went back to the desk top and when I hit the dji app again it was mostly dark but it did say disconnected. Now panic did really set in as I had no camera view and what appeared to be no connection but thank goodness I could see the MA and could still pilot it, so I landed it perfectly and all was well, but can someone please advise at what I did wrong.  I would have been in a world of hurt if I was out of sight. Could I just have closed out the app and reopened it and reconnected? Very scary for a new drone pilot. Really appreciate any help.

2018-3-18
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I Think you may have been able to swipe down to get back, not sure about Go4 IOS as I only use my Mini 4 with Litchi, But on my Crystal Sky (which is Android) in a panic let the drone hover and just exit the app and restart it, give it a few and it should reconnect.
2018-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A few things first press pause aircraft will halt and remain in position, reboot app and connect, if you can’t reboot app just hit RTH or as in your case you had VLOS just fly home.
2018-3-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

next time to increase your screen brightness swipe from right to left on your app screen and increase it there
2018-3-19
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-3-19 11:38
next time to increase your screen brightness swipe from right to left on your app screen and increase it there

thanks much
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules