Please add waypoint in Mavicair
12Next >
2524 44 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MEYSAM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am really sad becouse this feature (waypoint) is very important for my job i paid for it but it dosent it .. please pay attention to us if your customers is impotrant for you and you should have responsibility and be honest  with your customers
i realyyyyyyyyyyy need it
please help me  and add waypoint in Mavicair

2018-3-18
Use props
DrZ123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7608 ft
United States

Totally agree
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, MEYSAM. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have given a feedback to the related team and push them to improve it. Thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

Iran

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-19 01:17
Hi, MEYSAM. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have given a feedback to the related team and push them to improve it. Thanks!

Thanks for your attention  but  they dont even answer us that they Add this feature (waypoint )or Not!!
what should we do !!! i have a job and  this feature is very important for me i cant  put myself in probabilities !! please give us the answer ....
absolutely you know i am not the only person it is important for lots of customers!!!!
2018-3-19
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

Iran

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-19 01:17

Thanks for your attention  but  they dont even answer us that they Add this feature (waypoint )or Not!!
what should we do !!! i have a job and  this feature is very important for me i cant  put myself in probabilities !! please give us the answer ....
absolutely you know i am not the only person it is important for lots of customers!!!!
2018-3-19
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Why you not buying the MP if you want a drone flying waypoints?
2018-3-19
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is a must have!! MA presales committed to waypoints!!
2018-3-19
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-19 05:02

beacouse i  saw this feature in its  advertising and  we bought  it  after that  hopelessly they remove it from new update of  (Mavicair ) as you know its not only my problem other customers have this problem too. now you say go and buy MP .. why they dont answer that they put this feature or not !!! i read the site and  most of  the peaple think in the upgrade version they add it but the company dont answer to our demand ....
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MEYSAM Posted at 2018-3-19 05:19
beacouse i  saw this feature in its  advertising and  we bought  it  after that  hopelessly they remove it from new update of  (Mavicair ) as you know its not only my problem other customers have this problem too. now you say go and buy MP .. why they dont answer that they put this feature or not !!! i read the site and  most of  the peaple think in the upgrade version they add it but the company dont answer to our demand ....

This feature was never in dji advertising, you may have seen it in an early comparison spec sheet, waypoints has never been a feature with small new dji drones, however it has arrived later with new firmware, if this is as important to you for now I would suggest you look at other drones that have this in place now.
Hopefully we won’t have to wait long.
2018-3-19
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

Iran

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:42
This feature was never in dji advertising, you may have seen it in an early comparison spec sheet, waypoints has never been a feature with small new dji drones, however it has arrived later with new firmware, if this is as important to you for now I would suggest you look at other drones that have this in place now.

if i sell my Mavicair ,i will sell it cheaper  than i bought  on the other hand i like it and just for that feature selling it is so hopelessly for me ...
,so if they will add waypoint to it  my decision is to waiting for that  ,but if they dont ok i sell it  !
i need to be ensure that they will add (waypoint ) to update version !
even after 2 month they do it ok i will wait ... but the question is they do or they dont ? and how long i should wait ?
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MEYSAM Posted at 2018-3-19 07:42
if i sell my Mavicair ,i will sell it cheaper  than i bought  on the other hand i like it and just for that feature selling it is so hopelessly for me ...  
,so if they will add waypoint to it  my decision is to waiting for that  ,but if they dont ok i sell it  !

You should have two options, if dji release SDK then there should be many apps free and paid supporting waypoints I’m hoping they will do this soon, or wait until next firmware update and hopefully we will see it then.
2018-3-19
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:42

This is wrong... it was on DJI website at the very beginning, on all language pages.

http://archive.is/jUJO2

https://web.archive.org/web/2018 ... ndsite&from=nav

When first delivered customers started to ask why the feature was not there, they suddently removed it from the english page, but it stayed a bit longuer on french or german pages where I had a chance to archive them for reference... (see links above)

I also cancelled my order at that time because I understood the MAvic Air would never have this feature...
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matioupi Posted at 2018-3-19 07:53
This is wrong... it was on DJI website at the very beginning, on all language pages.

http://archive.is/jUJO2

Again as I’ve said before waypoints was in comparison chart but not in any advertisement, I’ve seen many releases of dji drones and comparison sheets are wrong , I’m not defending this and if drones arrived as they have to people then if waypoints were what they were looking for they should return, there is a return policy almost everywhere you purchase.

But from what I know from before all dji drones from P3 to Mavic Pro waypoints were not introduced until we got a firmware release, I’m talking about what is the situation , my opinion only but dji waypoints are so far behind the likes of autopilot and Litchi they are almost unusable for anything serious, but if they are a deal breaker then those who were disappointed should return drone as this is probably the best way to insure it doesn’t happen again.
2018-3-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 08:05
Again as I’ve said before waypoints was in comparison chart but not in any advertisement, I’ve seen many releases of dji drones and comparison sheets are wrong , I’m not defending this and if drones arrived as they have to people then if waypoints were what they were looking for they should return, there is a return policy almost everywhere you purchase.

But from what I know from before all dji drones from P3 to Mavic Pro waypoints were not introduced until we got a firmware release, I’m talking about what is the situation , my opinion only but dji waypoints are so far behind the likes of autopilot and Litchi they are almost unusable for anything serious, but if they are a deal breaker then those who were disappointed should return drone as this is probably the best way to insure it doesn’t happen again.

Good points - I use litchi on my MPP and GSP on my P4P if I need to do a WP mission - waypoints on the GO4 app is very restricted anyway and yeah, the WP tech came out in 2015 well after the P3 was released and updated via FW.  
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-3-19 08:24
Good points - I use litchi on my MPP and GSP on my P4P if I need to do a WP mission - waypoints on the GO4 app is very restricted anyway and yeah, the WP tech came out in 2015 well after the P3 was released and updated via FW.

They great thing about apps like Litchi is the time saving in planning, having to fly mission first in dji go , then if something is not right having to do it all over again is just a pain.
Ground station is very impressive but I’ve only used it twice really should try to use it more.
2018-3-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can do 3D mapping in GSP too - but tech for me at this stage but the WP missions are awesome. The detail of the inputs for the drone commands are fantastic
2018-3-19
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

I fly Spark also with waypoints with a dji go 4 app, litchi people have the sdk of the Spark but they don't implement the waypoints for the Spark but i can be done....
So if DJI doesn't want that the mavic air fly with waypoints litchi doesn't implement.
2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can use tap fly in free mode. Works sort of the same.
Some say it works even better.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-19 05:02

Yes, the Mavic pro has the function of the waypoint.
2018-3-19
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 07:52
You should have two options, if dji release SDK then there should be many apps free and paid supporting waypoints I’m hoping they will do this soon, or wait until next firmware update and hopefully we will see it then.

Thanks for your attention but i just want to know will they add this function ?? if they dont want say to its customers how should i underestand it ???
maybe they dont want!! my problem isnt just  the time ,my pproblem is if they dont want i sell my mavicair!!but i will be so sad
2018-3-20
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MEYSAM Posted at 2018-3-20 04:26
Thanks for your attention but i just want to know will they add this function ?? if they dont want say to its customers how should i underestand it ???
maybe they dont want!! my problem isnt just  the time ,my pproblem is if they dont want i sell my mavicair!!but i will be so sad

DJI never responds to these kind of questions. Either you will be surprised when DJI suddenly without prior notice releases waypoints and/or the appropiate SDK functions, or you are selling your drone.
2018-3-20
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

Iran

Keule Posted at 2018-3-20 04:33
DJI never responds to these kind of questions. Either you will be surprised when DJI suddenly without prior notice releases waypoints and/or the appropiate SDK functions, or you are selling your drone.

your answer is true when a company want release its product dont say anything about it ...
BUT as you know lots of customer feel  sad ,they ask and ask  about waypoint in mavicair . they say we bought because they think it has waypoint
in this situation they should answer to their customers  and  Respect to the buyers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why they dont ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-3-20
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MEYSAM Posted at 2018-3-20 05:13
your answer is true when a company want release its product dont say anything about it ...
BUT as you know lots of customer feel  sad ,they ask and ask  about waypoint in mavicair . they say we bought because they think it has waypoint
in this situation they should answer to their customers  and  Respect to the buyers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not answer this ... Maybe it's Chinese mentality ... i don't know.
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 08:05

A comparison chart is advertisement. It's a vital piece of information, provided by the seller for potential customers to assess the diferences between different craft, and to help you make a buying descision.
2018-3-20
Use props
TheDenimac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468028 ft
United Kingdom

Keule Posted at 2018-3-20 04:33

Hi Guys, total newbie here. Just considering my first drone and the Mavic Air looks perfect for me with the exception that it does not support waypoints. As a videographer, this feature would be very useful for my needs, and so I contacted DJI to find out if it would be made available.

I first contacted DJI SUPPORT. They could not help and had no idea about if or when waypoints would be made available. So I next contacted THE DJI DEVELOPMENT TEAM. They seemed most surprised that waypoints were not supported - their reply was "Where did you get the information that it doesn't have waypoint missions like the Mavic Pro.  We would support this feature for the Mavic Air".

So I asked if waypoints would be made available throught the DJI GO4 app, or if it would be included in the next SDK update. Their reply "What We could answer you is that for the current stage, Mavic Air would be supported by the mobile SDK when our mobile SDK 4.5 is released. We couldn't give you any answer on the DJI GO 4 for supporting the features on the Mavic Air". They gave no indication of when the SDK will be released. So It looks like waypoints are not going to be supported in the near future.

As an alternative, I contacted Autel about the Evo. The Evo does support waypoints, but the release date for the drone is very vague. All they will say is "it is coming very soon". Guess I will have to wait a little longer before deciding which drone to buy. By then the Mavic Pro II will probably be out, although I suspect that will be too expensive.
2018-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 05:52
A comparison chart is advertisement. It's a vital piece of information, provided by the seller for potential customers to assess the diferences between different craft, and to help you make a buying descision.

That maybe true for some, but waypoints were in the spec for a very few days after the release of MavAir , before they were removed, first I think as I have already said if waypoints were a deal breaker then anyone who was under the impression that waypoints would be there only to discover they were not, then those people had plenty of time to cancel order or return order .
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-20 06:11
That maybe true for some, but waypoints were in the spec for a very few days after the release of MavAir , before they were removed, first I think as I have already said if waypoints were a deal breaker then anyone who was under the impression that waypoints would be there only to discover they were not, then those people had plenty of time to cancel order or return order .

Its not true for some, you might not value it as advertisement, but it is in general acceptance.

You are right about sending it back, but then again there are lots of comments that say 'past drones didn't have waypoints at launch either'. Making a return descision even harder to make.
2018-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 06:21
Its not true for some, you might not value it as advertisement, but it is in general acceptance.

You are right about sending it back, but then again there are lots of comments that say 'past drones didn't have waypoints at launch either'. Making a return descision even harder to make.

Look most of this has been hashed out if Customer expected waypoints because they were in the spec sheet they seen, they’re perfectly entitled to return their product.

If customers knew what dji waypoints were and the difficulty surrounding using them they probably wouldn’t even be bothered.

Phantom 4 Pro Mavic Pro both have dji waypoints but you will find that of those who use waypoints 90% don’t use dji waypoints because of the difficulty in using them, they use Litchi autopilot or other more convenient apps to use with waypoints.
If you take the OP who says waypoints were so important to him , yet after two months he is only realizing that they are not there asks the question how important were they really and this is the case for many .
I bought a pair of ear pods from Apple when they released them , I received them nine months later, why because Apple didn’t give a delivery date and there were many delays, so this kind of thing is prominent throughout tech world, you can whinge and whine about it , but you won’t get it until it’s ready.

If you read Keule’s post above he is someone with experience of dji and whether they will tell you something is coming or not, and as he said dji will NEVER tell you it’s coming until it’s here, that’s a fact.

Yes with P4 and Mavic Pro waypoints came in later firmware release, fo me I believe this is a good thing , I have seen so many around here complaining about an app that is so stuffed that it is causing greater problems, so maybe it’s better to get what you have working correctly before you start adding stuff that can cause potential problems.

Honestly for me while I love waypoints and use them frequently with my P4Pro (Litchi) not having them on MavAir gives me plenty of opportunity to learn how to fly much better using sticks and some other automatic features.

Some may not be prepared to wait and others will continue to whinge, and when you see new firmware released you will then find that those whinging about waypoints will be the same people who will be whinging about firmware bricking their MavAir.

Having been around here for awhile I’ve seen all this before, waiting and being patient is the best course to take.
MavAir is by far the least troublesome drone dji have released in the last two years, and for me I prefer it that way. ( you should have been around for Mavic Pro release, that was a disaster for almost 6 months)

“Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.”
2018-3-20
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Intel indicates thats a new mod app is coming soon based on version 4.2.6, just like the spark you can fly waypoints.........  
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-20 07:07
Look most of this has been hashed out if Customer expected waypoints because they were in the spec sheet they seen, they’re perfectly entitled to return their product.

If customers knew what dji waypoints were and the difficulty surrounding using them they probably wouldn’t even be bothered.

I can agree with what you are saying, except for this:

"yet after two months he is only realizing that they are not there asks the question how important were they really and this is the case for many ."

That's a logical fallacy and not up for anyone to Judge. If it stated them in the spec sheet and comparison sheet (at the moment you hit 'buy'), and you valued those specs as a major buy descision, its perfectly valid if you find out a month, 2 months or even a year later that it doesn't have that option. If its in the spec sheet you wouldn't have to need to test if what the manufacturer said is true.
Its not op to you or me to validate when someone is intended to use one of the specifications they buy a product for.

I'm like you I guess, I read the manual inside out and test everything that it can do, not everybody does so.
2018-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-20 09:42
I can agree with what you are saying, except for this:

"yet after two months he is only realizing that they are not there asks the question how important were they really and this is the case for many ."

You should always check what you buy and you should definitely check what is most important to you, this is common sense, particularly if you only have a certain time period to get a refund, we are not our brothers keeper, everyone has responsibilities. But I’m sure if law was used instead of common sense then maybe OP could get a refund. In my view it’s a world gone mad..
2018-3-20
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-20 10:21
You should always check what you buy and you should definitely check what is most important to you, this is common sense, particularly if you only have a certain time period to get a refund, we are not our brothers keeper, everyone has responsibilities. But I’m sure if law was used instead of common sense then maybe OP could get a refund. In my view it’s a world gone mad..

What may be common sense to you and me, doesn't have to hold up for my neighbour next door. People differ in how they act. Everybody has their own values and standards they live by. I know plenty of people and businesses that buy products on forehand with the intend to use it, sometimes  even after warranty expires. What is percieved as common sense differs from person to person.
2018-3-20
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

MEYSAM Posted at 2018-3-19 07:42
if i sell my Mavicair ,i will sell it cheaper  than i bought  on the other hand i like it and just for that feature selling it is so hopelessly for me ...  

I wouldn't wait any longer - If the device has failed to deliver an advertised feature then take it back to where you got it and demand your full money back.  I did this once with a computer failed to provide some advertised free software - and I got all my money back.  Your case will only get weaker the longer you live without the feature.  

Be ready to supply your supporting evidence and any attempts you have made to get a statement out of the supplier/manufacturer.
2018-3-20
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

+1  for WP on Air let's hope this SDK get finished soonish!
2018-3-20
Use props
MEYSAM
lvl.1

Iran

Now we have to problems the first one is about putting waypoint in add...
but what is important is the future!!
you mean they dont want to pay any attention to their customers demand?????
this situation is much different becouse there is lots customers that buy Mavicair becouse waypoint and we want to know...so we want you to answer us??? just a Question do they put waypoint in Mavicair!!!! why why why dont anwser!!!!!!!
2018-3-20
Use props
Strygwyr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41234 ft
Austria

As far as I know Apps like Litchi should be able to support the waypoint feature as soon as DJI releases the new Mobile SDK Version. Unfortunately they are already a bit behind in the release. They said in an email that they will release the SKD maybe this month but there is still no fixed released date.
2018-3-21
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still PATIENTLY WAITING!
2018-3-21
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1609478 ft
Kuwait

Same here!
2018-3-23
Use props
E3M6N3S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121713 ft
United States

I am confused why the op uses “we” when he is only speaking for himself. "We" all have had buyers remorse at some point in our lives about something. Sell your drone, buy one with the features you want and enjoy your life.
2018-3-23
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES PLEASE  -- AGAIN!!!!
2018-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced