Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Spark Stops recording
5749 12 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35482 ft
Brazil

Hey guys, my Spark is stopping the video recording during the flight, but it doesnt always stop at a specific minute it can vary from flight to flight, so, I dont know exactly what could be.

In a 15 minute flight It stops 3, 4 times. And I have to keep pressing to record again and again

What could it be? My sd card is a SANDISK 64gb and i choose to not keep the videos in my cache. So i dobt knoe.  Any help?
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Any error message from your app? Please provide us an original video for reference. Did it disconnect with your app at that time? Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's gotta be the SD card. Try another that's rated at 100mbps speed. I was getting this kind of behavior until I went through and tested and labeled all my SD cards. Here's one of my favorite micro SD cards.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-3-19
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-19 00:58
Any error message from your app? Please provide us an original video for reference. Did it disconnect with your app at that time? Thanks for your support.

Hi Electra thanks for answering.

no, there wasnt any error in the app, just stops recording as if I had pressed the button to stop, but I dont.

2018-3-19
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Brazil

Bing Err Posted at 2018-3-19 01:06
It's gotta be the SD card. Try another that's rated at 100mbps speed. I was getting this kind of behavior until I went through and tested and labeled all my SD cards. Here's one of my favorite micro SD cards.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey thanks for your answer, I think it is about the sd card, but thats strange because mine is quite good from Sandisk.  

What feature from sd card should we pay attention in order to have it working flawless in the drone?
2018-3-19
Use props
CafeBlake
Second Officer
United States

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-3-19 03:19
Hey thanks for your answer, I think it is about the sd card, but thats strange because mine is quite good from Sandisk.  

What feature from sd card should we pay attention in order to have it working flawless in the drone?

The main thing you need to consider is the drone's camera's maximum video bitrate.

The spark's max bitrate is 24Mbps, so your card needs to have a max write-speed of at least that, but probably 2-3x that to support sustained writing at that bitrate. Most SD cards' ratings are a burst-speed, where you need a sustained write-speed over the drone's max bitrate, so making sure you're a few times over that is good. You'll also note that micro SD cards have classes and categories (other than size), those serve as a good general idea if it can record HD or 4k. For HD (Spark), you want a Class 10/A1/UHS-1 card.

A much smaller issue could be the file-system, make sure the SD card is formatted as FAT32, as that's all the Spark supports, this shouldn't be an issue as FAT32 supports up to 2TB, way over your 64GB, but it's a possible issue. If your video recording goes over 4GB, i'm not sure what the Spark will do, so that could be one thing to look at also.

I use http://a.co/iPmmNhZ (note that it's class 10, A1 and UHS-1) and have never had an issue, can record several batteries' worth of flights on one card (though it is good practice to swap a fresh card in at the same time as the battery so you have what you have in case you lose the drone, i got several of that card on Black Friday sale to do just that).
2018-3-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

But you did not try to take pictures in the same moment your spark did video?
2018-3-19
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Brazil

CafeBlake Posted at 2018-3-19 07:22
The main thing you need to consider is the drone's camera's maximum video bitrate.

The spark's max bitrate is 24Mbps, so your card needs to have a max write-speed of at least that, but probably 2-3x that to support sustained writing at that bitrate. Most SD cards' ratings are a burst-speed, where you need a sustained write-speed over the drone's max bitrate, so making sure you're a few times over that is good. You'll also note that micro SD cards have classes and categories (other than size), those serve as a good general idea if it can record HD or 4k. For HD (Spark), you want a Class 10/A1/UHS-1 card.

Hey man, thanks for the explanation.

I will have a look at my SD card and see if this is a class 10 and, buy one to test.

I can try to format  it and see if works as well.

I will let you know if this works.

Thanks a lot
2018-3-19
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-19 07:25
But you did not try to take pictures in the same moment your spark did video?

Hey, no, I was only recording the video, and, it suddenly stopped by itself. I did not press any button, I think it is a micro SD issue, I will try to format or buy another one
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-3-19 03:17
Hi Electra thanks for answering.

no, there wasnt any error in the app, just stops recording as if I had pressed the button to stop, but I dont.

In this case, can you shoot a video of the situation? Please tell me the version of your app and the model of your mobile device.
2018-3-20
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-20 03:01
In this case, can you shoot a video of the situation? Please tell me the version of your app and the model of your mobile device.

Hey today I formatted my sd card and the problem seems to be gone.

How often do I have to format it?
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-3-24 09:40

Please pay attention to the storage of your SD card and clean it if you shoot a lot of videos. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-25
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-3-24 09:40

you do not need to format it again. it depends on how was initially formatted. if it was FAT that means cannot save files larger than 4GB. probably that's why the video was stopping. by formatting the card via the DJI Go App will ensure saving larger files.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules