IMU ACC1 Status
683 6 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TigerBlast07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10883 ft
United States

My ACC1 gives a good (amber light) and short bar and ACC2 is (green light) with no bar. Does that mean my IMU 1 is going bad? I've only got 1.3 hours on my bird.

2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

You'll see error message if it's not working. Probably you need to do "cold" calibration of IMU on your Phantom
2018-3-18
Use props
TigerBlast07
lvl.2
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-18 15:59
You'll see error message if it's not working. Probably you need to do "cold" calibration of IMU on your Phantom

I did a calibration before the flight. I had put carbon filled props on and wanted to make sure the IMU and compass were calibrated before flight.
2018-3-18
Use props
TigerBlast07
lvl.2
United States

TigerBlast07 Posted at 2018-3-18 16:06
I did a calibration before the flight. I had put carbon filled props on and wanted to make sure the IMU and compass were calibrated before flight.

It flew okay for a couple of hops. except on two flights I got the warning that the forward sensor had failed and I should return and land immediately. The first time I did. But the failure did not record. So the second time I hit cancel and flew awhile longer. I flew it close into me and the ground and the sensors were working. It stopped flying forward and hovered okay. There was no failure in the record files either.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As Vendex mentioned, there will be the error message if the IMU goes wrong. Regarding the forward sensor, it is recommended clean the sensors and does not fly towards the sunshine.
2018-3-19
Use props
TigerBlast07
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 04:05
As Vendex mentioned, there will be the error message if the IMU goes wrong. Regarding the forward sensor, it is recommended clean the sensors and does not fly towards the sunshine.

Thank you for that information. I was flying late in the afternoon and high up facing the sun. I'll watch that in the future.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TigerBlast07 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:36
Thank you for that information. I was flying late in the afternoon and high up facing the sun. I'll watch that in the future.

That's great! Feel free to contact us if there is any further question.
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules