Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Maintenance
1195 4 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielTheRider
Captain
United States

Hey Pilots,
     Curious if you guys do any kind of motor or prop maintenance. I noticed on the bottom of my props there was a brownish residue that must be from the little springs on top of the motors. Safe to clean and is there any period oil I need to add to the spring?
F88DBD6A-DC42-43C7-B4CB-B9DF18C97EE0.jpeg
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, do not oil that area, if you cannot guarantee the oil is plastic compatible, it may make the plastic weak and crumble. The only thing that may need oiling is the ballbearing in the motor, and you cannot reach that anyway.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Daniel, please try to clean the propeller mounting plate and check whether the elasticity of screws works well. If not, you may consider changing the mounting plate. I'll attach the accessories for your reference: https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... g-plate?from=search
2018-3-19
Use props
DanielTheRider
Captain
United States

The mounting plate is fine. There's nothing on the mounting plate. It's clearly where the little spring is. So just clean it? cool.
2018-3-19
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Had the same on mine , i think it was rust from the mount and spring which built up overtime  .
One thing i would say with ref to maintenance  i change the mounts every 20hrs or so  .  because the springs  collapse overtime and tension on the prop is reduced .   
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules