657 9 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7202ce8b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1494961 ft
Czechia

So,

I crashed my drone by my fault (hitting the tree). And when hitting the ground the gimbal arm got cracked and the camera popped from it.
Sent to DJI and they want to replace the whole camera just because it has minor scratches on the camera itself?

Am I dreaming or they really want 750 EUR for a camera which doesnt need replacing at all?

What do you guys think I should do here?
Thanks!

cfca3527-67bd-4088-b54d-9591f597adc1.jpg
68aa9edf-bf77-4c15-90db-669c738686cc.jpg
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Could you tell us your case number here? We'd like to check the current status and try our best to help.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans7202ce8b
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 05:29
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Could you tell us your case number here? We'd like to check the current status and try our best to help.

Thanks for the reply. Case number is: CAS-1539415-V9B0W7

I really don't believe minor scratches on the camera itself are somehow affecting the way the camera works. And as I can see on the photos technician didn't even open the drone to check on the inner part of the gimbal itself.

New yaw arm and flex cable should fix this properly. I'm pretty positive about that.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7202ce8b Posted at 2018-3-19 05:32
Thanks for the reply. Case number is: CAS-1539415-V9B0W7

I really don't believe minor scratches on the camera itself are somehow affecting the way the camera works. And as I can see on the photos technician didn't even open the drone to check on the inner part of the gimbal itself.

Received with thanks! I'm afraid that it is hard to ensure the performance of gimbal camera after the crashed. I understand your situation, will forward to the local team for the double check. The designated team will review this and contact you soon.
2018-3-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Many internal parts can be damaged in a crash that can't be seen.  I would trust their analysis.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans7202ce8b
lvl.1
Czechia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-19 05:59
Many internal parts can be damaged in a crash that can't be seen.  I would trust their analysis.

I would love to see some analysis, but all I got was photos of the minor cracks on the camera cover. That is simply in my humble opinion not enough to cover a 950 EUR repair bill.
2018-3-19
Use props
Tommy Mortago
lvl.1
Czechia

In case you guys are wondering how this case went. I paid 188 EUR for repair and I got drone back after a week so. As I can see at the serial number I received new or refurbished drone.
And guess what I received a faulty one smashing ,battery signal error, for every battery I have. DJI said I should send my drone back for ,repair,. So I have to pay for a shipping again so they can check out what they sent me a week ago.

I LOVE THIS SUPPORT. I LOVE IT.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tommy Mortago Posted at 2018-4-2 09:53
In case you guys are wondering how this case went. I paid 188 EUR for repair and I got drone back after a week so. As I can see at the serial number I received new or refurbished drone.
And guess what I received a faulty one smashing ,battery signal error, for every battery I have. DJI said I should send my drone back for ,repair,. So I have to pay for a shipping again so they can check out what they sent me a week ago.

We are terribly sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, your frustration has been escalated again to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-2
Use props
Tommy Mortago
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 19:27
We are terribly sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, your frustration has been escalated again to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience.

Mindy, this isn't unfortunate. This is simply sad. At the beginning you guys want to charge me 980 EUR for part which wasn't needed even tho I was assured 2 times from the service supervisor that it really needs replacing. Then a miracle happens and your supervisor says that there was part which wasn't supposed to be there. And as a "thank you" for our mistake you send me a faulty drone. I really would love to stay calm, but you are not helping me in staying calm. All I can do is to feel not confident in anything you do.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tommy Mortago Posted at 2018-4-3 00:18
Mindy, this isn't unfortunate. This is simply sad. At the beginning you guys want to charge me 980 EUR for part which wasn't needed even tho I was assured 2 times from the service supervisor that it really needs replacing. Then a miracle happens and your supervisor says that there was part which wasn't supposed to be there. And as a "thank you" for our mistake you send me a faulty drone. I really would love to stay calm, but you are not helping me in staying calm. All I can do is to feel not confident in anything you do.

I understand how you feel, and we're sincerely sorry for the troubles. Mindy has forwarded your concern to the right team for further investigation. We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you out. Please leave us some time to get this corrected. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules