Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What i have to do before selling my Mavic Pro ?
8126 23 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfab71
Captain
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I 'm currently selling my Mavic Pro, i want to know if there's some that i have to do in the drone before I sell it,
apart format the MicroSD, or is it enough that the new owner connects him to his new DJI account?
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You don’t need to do anything, once he signs into dji app he will have a brand ne account, your own account will remain under your password,
2018-3-19
Use props
gfab71
Captain
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Ok, thank you
2018-3-19
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

The only other  thing I  would do is if you registered it with the FAA be sure to remove that registration  numbers from the MP.
2018-3-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just make sure you take your pictures off sd card and registration label if it was required? That’s it..
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No other things should be worried, please send the proof of purchase to the new owner, he will just need to register his/her own DJI account and then will be good.
2018-3-24
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Also if the new owner has an existing account the MP will not show as an Icon under their Avatar. The AC was activated under your account and will remain there even if you sell it (I wish DJI would allow us to add/delete icons as we buy used or sell used products) Icons will only show up under the account in which they were "Activated". Not sure if the new owner created a new account if the used MP will show up under the new account? I purchased a used P4P and currently use it under my current account but the Icon is not present under my Avatar only the products I activated are viewable.
2018-3-24
Use props
fans9effa20b
lvl.1
United States

Mavic pro platinum for sell.   Fly more combo. 2 months old $700
2018-7-8
Use props
fanscc0ee364
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973058 ft
United States

i will buy your mp platinum. pm me
2018-7-11
Use props
fans9effa20b
lvl.1
United States

How do I pm you
2018-7-13
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-19 07:19
The only other  thing I  would do is if you registered it with the FAA be sure to remove that registration  numbers from the MP.

If the drone is registered with the FAA, including the serial number, can that be moved from their database?
2018-7-13
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-7-13 17:31
If the drone is registered with the FAA, including the serial number, can that be moved from their database?

If I remember right. When you registered with the FAA you never gave your drone serial number. The FAA registration number encompasses all drones you have. On the next drone you purchase just make sure you place the FAA number on it and just make sure you removed it from the one you are selling.
If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me. I have 2 drones and both have on them the same FAA number.
2018-7-14
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-14 07:57
If I remember right. When you registered with the FAA you never gave your drone serial number. The FAA registration number encompasses all drones you have. On the next drone you purchase just make sure you place the FAA number on it and just make sure you removed it from the one you are selling.
If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me. I have 2 drones and both have on them the same FAA number.

When I registered my drone, I had to key in the serial number.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 2018-7-15 14:02

You might need to contact the FAA in regards to that concern for further clarification.
2018-7-15
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't worry about that - just remove the registration ID # which falls on all drones you fly.

Once the new buyer creates their DJI account and registers the drone with the FAA then it'll be that new owners full ownership.

I've this when I bought or sold a drone.
2018-7-15
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

Nywecker  is right about registering the serial number. I don't remember doing it but I checked with the FAA and their registration asks for the Drone maker and serial number.
Sorry about giving wrong information.
2018-7-16
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-15 14:46
You might need to contact the FAA in regards to that concern for further clarification.

DJI Tony,
I checked with the FAA and they do require manufacture of the drone and serial number now. I checked my Registration and it does not have the Manufacture or drone serial number. They must of made changes to their registration  requirements.
2018-7-16
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

Nywecker.
I think the FAA changed their registration rules. Just checked my registration on line and there was no manufacture or serial numbershown. I paid my $5 and it is good to 12/12/20  and covered all my drones at that time.. Now I see each drone has a fee plus you have to give the serial number.
Sorry if I gave outdated  information.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-16 07:52
DJI Tony,
I checked with the FAA and they do require manufacture of the drone and serial number now. I checked my Registration and it does not have the Manufacture or drone serial number. They must of made changes to their registration  requirements.

Is this for transferring the owner that has been registered to the FAA to a new owner?
2018-7-16
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-16 08:30
Is this for transferring the owner that has been registered to the FAA to a new owner?

DJI Tony,
I am not sure .
I am guessing that the FAA once to keep track of who owns the drone through individual registration. I would think if you sell the drone you must contact the FAA now  and remove the Registration from your name so the new owner can register it in their name..  I Haven't found any FAA information to confirm this.
2018-7-16
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-16 08:04
Nywecker.
I think the FAA changed their registration rules. Just checked my registration on line and there was no manufacture or serial numbershown. I paid my $5 and it is good to 12/12/20  and covered all my drones at that time.. Now I see each drone has a fee plus you have to give the serial number.
Sorry if I gave outdated  information.

I am pretty sure  that the serial number is asked when you register under Part 107, which includes commercial AND recreational use.
If you register under Section 336 which is flying with an aeromodeling club you may not need the serial number
2018-7-17
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-7-17 17:31
I am pretty sure  that the serial number is asked when you register under Part 107, which includes commercial AND recreational use.
If you register under Section 336 which is flying with an aeromodeling club you may not need the serial number

nywrecker,
You are correct.
Back in 2016 and early 2017 the serial number was only required for commercial use under Part 107. Recreational use only had to register. Now FAA rules have changed later in 2017 which required each drone to be registered and serial number listed.
On rule 366
I  checked and the FAA states:
That the first thing under the Public Law 112-95 Section 336. Under this rule, operators must:
Register their UAS with the FAA.

Which means to me if you register you have to give them the Serial number.
2018-7-17
Use props
fans9effa20b
lvl.1

I lost my mavic pro under water can't find it !!!!

Now I'm buying splash drone 3.

Water proof drone
2018-8-4
Use props
fans7b089b20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481158 ft
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-14 07:57
If I remember right. When you registered with the FAA you never gave your drone serial number. The FAA registration number encompasses all drones you have. On the next drone you purchase just make sure you place the FAA number on it and just make sure you removed it from the one you are selling.
If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me. I have 2 drones and both have on them the same FAA number.

Your are right , I called FAA about this issue and they told me the FAA registration is mine it's not for the drone. The just said "attach your FAA registration number on the new drone."
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules