Crashed my MA - need advice on repairs
649 18 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

Got my new MA this weekend and being a new pilot crashed it on my second flight. Fortunately, it still flies but it has a few wounds.

From initial inspections, I have lost one of the rear feet and the plastic cover for one of the front feet. Is there anywhere I can get the spares for this?

Leg extenders could suffice for the rear (plus something to cover the space) but the front means the antenna is wobbly and not secure.

Thanks in advance!
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You may have to ship it back to dji, I haven’t seen any spares yet usually you see them popping up on eBay first.
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ouch!  Bummer about crash.  Quick search did not turn up any places selling Mavic Air replacement parts.  
2018-3-19
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-19 06:55
Ouch!  Bummer about crash.  Quick search did not turn up any places selling Mavic Air replacement parts.

yeah, I found nothing either!
2018-3-19
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is probably worth returning it to DJI for repair. There may be underlying damage you cannot see.
2018-3-19
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-3-19 07:23
It is probably worth returning it to DJI for repair. There may be underlying damage you cannot see.

Might be a good idea - any idea of the turn around time? I am based in the UK if that makes much difference.
2018-3-19
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LazyWhippet Posted at 2018-3-19 07:27
Might be a good idea - any idea of the turn around time? I am based in the UK if that makes much difference.

If you have care refresh you get priority, so around a week, otherwise around 2 weeks.
2018-3-19
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-3-19 07:33
If you have care refresh you get priority, so around a week, otherwise around 2 weeks.

I don't - guessing it needed to be purchased at registration of the drone?

2 weeks is not too bad though.
2018-3-19
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, you need to purchase it within 48 hours of activation. I have found the guys at DJI Netherlands to be great.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read the crash. As discussed above, the performance cannot be ensured after the crash. it is recommended to send the unit in for a fully diagnosis and repair. Please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support If you encounter any difficulties in the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-3-19
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Susan, I have raised a repair request but am a little confused about the logistics. It says "Shipping Method: Ship by myself" and then below says a shipping label will be sent IF within the UPS EU service area. Does this mean I have to ship it completely myself to the address provided or can I wait for a label to be sent over?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LazyWhippet Posted at 2018-3-20 00:12
Hi Susan, I have raised a repair request but am a little confused about the logistics. It says "Shipping Method: Ship by myself" and then below says a shipping label will be sent IF within the UPS EU service area. Does this mean I have to ship it completely myself to the address provided or can I wait for a label to be sent over?

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check for you?
2018-3-20
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-20 21:10
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check for you?

The UPS label came through just before you replied. Thanks
2018-3-20
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As I am sending just the main drone without battery, props etc, shall I send it in its protective case that came with the drone?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LazyWhippet Posted at 2018-3-21 04:21
As I am sending just the main drone without battery, props etc, shall I send it in its protective case that came with the drone?

We suggest that you send the drone with the original box, as long as the packaging can protect the drone tightly, that is okay.
2018-3-21
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 23:02
We suggest that you send the drone with the original box, as long as the packaging can protect the drone tightly, that is okay.

And just the drone, yeah?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LazyWhippet Posted at 2018-3-21 23:11
And just the drone, yeah?

Just to verify, do the RC and batteries work well? If yes, I'll suggest to pack the drone itself and send it in.
2018-3-22
Use props
LazyWhippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 19:24
Just to verify, do the RC and batteries work well? If yes, I'll suggest to pack the drone itself and send it in.

Yeah, it's just the drone - it seems to fly fine but want to get it checked over!
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LazyWhippet Posted at 2018-3-22 23:47
Yeah, it's just the drone - it seems to fly fine but want to get it checked over!

It depends on you. It is ok if you want to send the whole set for inspection.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules