HELP! my mavic air is stuck in a REBOOT LOOP!
4394 14 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akarch85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21591 ft
United States

Hey yall!  New to the forum.  For WEEKS, Marvin, my Mavic Air has been stuck in a reboot loop.   After the firmware update in February, the RC will not bind to the AC.  I have tried everything.  Marv goes into a series of rebooting, some times his fan starts up.   I have attempted to hold down the battery button for 10 seconds, 6 seconds, sometimes more... this only 'pauses' the boot loop and upon releasing the button, he hiccups right back into the loop yet again.    Holding down the yellow 'binding' button does not respond in any way whatsoever.     I can "enter the AC through camera mode only" after my Google Pixel XL is properly connected via hardwire.   In the DJI go4 app i have attempted to connect the RC which no matter the method, the atttempt always just times out and eventually makes me go more then just a little crazy.  I have also attempted to do this with my iphone 6 to no avail.

When hardwired to my desktop, laptop, friends computer, etc....  the firmware update is ALWAYS unable to complete because Marvin will just jump right back into the loop and lose connection with the PC (which is VERY difficult to get the PC to recognise that he is even hardwired through a port in the first place, and only seldom does the DJI assistant 2 finally allow the option to enter "Mavic Air")

My Mavic is useless.  I have spent countless hours of hopefull turned disapointing faith into attempting to help my poor Marv the Mavic, whom only has less then 6 hours flght time.

anyone else experiencing this god awful $800 trap????
2018-3-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Have you tried to refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant? If this does not work I would recommend to open a support case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-19
Use props
akarch85
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-19 08:05
Have you tried to refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant? If this does not work I would recommend to open a support case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

thanks....  I will try the support group.   there is no way to refresh the firmware.   I have actually tried countless times.   the firmware fully completes but Marv isn't responding.  The entire time he is still restarting, then blinking his yellow binding button for around 3 additional minutes, then looping back around into restarting.
2018-3-19
Use props
akarch85
lvl.1
United States

I contacted the support via chat, uploaded my video and was instructed to immediately send them my mavic, as it is still under warranty.  well see how this goes....
2018-3-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would return it to retailer if possible and get a fresh one. Once a drone goes to dji for repairs it is no longer new because you will most likely get a used refurbished one in return. You could also try the freezer for an hour... pull the battery first and drop it in the freezer for an hour. Sounds crazy but I have heard of this fixing IMU calibration issues recently.
2018-3-20
Use props
TheAmyShow
lvl.1
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-3-20 07:55
I would return it to retailer if possible and get a fresh one. Once a drone goes to dji for repairs it is no longer new because you will most likely get a used refurbished one in return. You could also try the freezer for an hour... pull the battery first and drop it in the freezer for an hour. Sounds crazy but I have heard of this fixing IMU calibration issues recently.

.....just wonderful

dropped it off yesterday, he had this issue since first flight.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wKbLLQ3HUGcoqNkt1

they claimed it was possibly my google pixel LX at fault.    although, I have attempted binding my iphone 6 and my sons iphone 6s to no avail.   
2018-3-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

He did not get the remote? I would just use the remote and the phone for video feed only. (I know the remote costs more.. but worth it!)
I could not imagine using a phone to fly my Mavic Pro.

If you can intercept the package I would do it... especially if you are able to return it to retailer.

2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

akarch85 Posted at 2018-3-20 07:43
I contacted the support via chat, uploaded my video and was instructed to immediately send them my mavic, as it is still under warranty.  well see how this goes....

Sorry for the late reply on your post, had you sent the drone in? If no, please try to remove the SD card and update to the latest version. If you had sent the drone in, please provide me with your case number, I would like help to keep an eye on your case. Hope you can receive the drone back soon.
2018-3-22
Use props
fansd59d9843
lvl.1
Canada

This happened to me also. DJI has been less then helpful. I just got back from a couple months in Australia and got ZERO footage of all the beautiful places I visited because their poor service and "no international support" I was repeatedly told about... we will see if they make it right now...
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansd59d9843 Posted at 2018-4-1 10:51
This happened to me also. DJI has been less then helpful. I just got back from a couple months in Australia and got ZERO footage of all the beautiful places I visited because their poor service and "no international support" I was repeatedly told about... we will see if they make it right now...

We apologize that you experience unhappy service. Can you tell me the case number? Did your drone work well now? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-2
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

My iPhone 8 also got stuck in boot loop last month.
It's actually a troublesome thing as I cannot use my iPhone normally as usual.
Lastly, I searched and considered it a software issue. The tool, UltFix iOS System Recovery for Mac, helped me professionally and caused no data loss.
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

My mavic air is doing the same thing did anyone figure it out. Im never doing an update again
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_UtRmAsA9mG51
lvl.2

United States

Never heard of stuck reboot loop aircraft, try and turn everything off, the just power up drone, does it still recycle by rebooting continually?
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

Yes it does the same thing
2020-5-11
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States