1840 4 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I know DJI is a pain in the ass when it comes to Android apps - well most of the companies struggle because there are so many different hardwares to support and it's not just the choice of Android version.

While I really love my modded DJI Go 4 for the Spark, I am a bit concerned that the DJI app for a "maybe" new OSMO Mobile 2 won't work as prommised and I want to avoid the silly administrator questions about firmware and software versions - that change nothing.

So my question is:
Wo you buy a DJI Gimbal again, knowing the Android problems?

I would really like to get an Osmo for my upcoming holiday - so your feedback is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Single SelectVote, Total 5 people participate in voting
20.00% (1)
60.00% (3)
20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-3-19
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

I use android there are no issues at all maybe for new phones like s9 or s8  compatibility etc
2018-3-19
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-19 08:46
I use android there are no issues at all maybe for new phones like s9 or s8  compatibility etc

OK, those are good news ;)
2018-3-19
Use props
Raverty
lvl.1

I really depends on the current smartphone you have. Not all android phones are created equal. Some android phones work great with the app, while others have limiting features, and some don't work at all.

DJI seems to have stopped developing their app for newer smartphones over the past year. The newest android smartphone that fully works with the app is the  Galaxy S8 plus (release date april 2017.) So if you have an older phone, you might be in luck. But if you have a new one, I would be sure to do some research first.

I have the LG V30 (one of the best smartphones for video) and the app DOES NOT support 4k video resolution OR frame rate selection. I only have 1080p and 720p options available, and no idea what frame rate they are locked into.

This is this current list of smartphones that fully work with DJI GO app. (notice there isn't any of the new phones on this list)
Samsung S7 Edge
Samsung S8
Galaxy S8
Galaxy S8 plus
Huawei P10
Huawei P10 Plus
Huawei Mate 9
Huawei Mate 9 Pro
MI Max
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone SE

My wife has the Galaxy S9+ and I plan to test in today and see if all features are available and it works with the DJI GO app. I will post back here after I test it.

My suggestion would be that as a community, we need to get on the DJI Devs butt's, and start raising this issue.
2018-6-21
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

My note 8 is missing the choice to choose frame rates and slow motion.  But those can be used on the phones camera app
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules