Is there an easy way to put phone in remote?
985 13 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

I struggle pretty much every time I need to add or remove my phone (iphone x) from the Mavic Air remote.  The small clip that holds the lightning connector comes apart from the remote handle pretty much every time I remove my phone.

Is there some trick to doing this that makes it easier?
2018-3-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pull out the clamps quite far, place the right side in first then hold the port side and attach to the lightning cable then close the clamps inward to hold the phone - took me a while but works every time now. Also pull it out gently from the connector or it will pull through the slider.
2018-3-19
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-19 10:52
Pull out the clamps quite far, place the right side in first then hold the port side and attach to the lightning cable then close the clamps inward to hold the phone - took me a while but works every time now. Also pull it out gently from the connector or it will pull through the slider.

Thank you.
2018-3-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If it's like the MP, just remove the part that holds the connector captive in the slide area.  Then you can plug and unplug it independently from mounting the phone whenever you want.  Simple.
2018-3-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-3-19 10:52

Took me a while to perfect this trick with my original Mavic Pro, but honestly found it very fiddly. I'm finding it much quicker to use a short length cable with a right angled connector instead. In fact, I removed the original cables from both my Platinum and Mavic Air remotes from day 1 and never used them!

2018-3-19
Use props
cyborg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

just remove the small clip from the groove.. it's much easier to plug and unplug the phone once the cable is free
2018-3-19
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yep use an aftermarket right angle cable and scrap that fiddly and unreliable factory cable! That cable was the cause for soooo many disconnects on the Pro and I simply don't trust it's shielding!

2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-19 13:59
[view_image]

Took me a while to perfect this trick with my original Mavic Pro, but honestly found it very fiddly. I'm finding it much quicker to use a short length cable with a right angled connector instead. In fact, I removed the original cables from both my Platinum and Mavic Air remotes from day 1 and never used them!

I hate cables handing around the RC - quite like the stock set up and works for me
2018-3-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-3-20 03:03
I hate cables handing around the RC - quite like the stock set up and works for me

Yes, I like the idea of the stock set up so much that it took me a long time to finally switch to the external cable.  
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-20 13:59
Yes, I like the idea of the stock set up so much that it took me a long time to finally switch to the external cable.

Whereas I like it so much that I will never switch
2018-3-20
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-20 03:03

Same here, I’ve had no problems and new to dji and my first drone:-)
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It can be a bit fiddly - especially with cold hands but everything looks like one device when it’s all connected - I’ve got the hang of it now
2018-3-21
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

Removing that stupid clip was the answer for me.  MUCH easier to attach and unattach now - thanks all.
2018-3-22
Use props
LARRY ANDREWS
lvl.1
United States

Some of you guys are giving information for the Mavic Pro. OP is asking for the Mavic Air. Never had the Pro, but I can tell you the Mavic Air's phone holder drives me nuts each time I try to connect my phone. First just to connect the tiny lightning connector is a small headache. Then to properly place the phone between the two jaws and then close it so the phone is lined up right just takes more time away from flying this awesome drone.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules