Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI app for apple watch?
15619 19 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Hi,
@DJI:
Are you planning to release a update for the Go App 4 that the Apple Watch will be supported?
For me (and I think many others) it would be a perfect solution for the new mavic air smart capture function that u can use without RC or Phone connection.

Imagine...you launch via palm start without RC or Mobile connection, activate on your Apple Watch video recording, take a picture or some quickshots ? You will see a battery life on your wrist or preview of photos that u captured. (One more idea make a virtual joystick and control mavic air)

Please Dji, make the Go App 4 Apple Watch compatible.

Thanks.
2018-3-19
Use props
Tomas Kozacek
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1520220 ft
Czechia

I was thinking about it too!! Maybe the Digital Crown could adjust the drone altitude.
2018-3-19
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

#Quick Reply Here#Iphone / Android smartphone is not just a simple online video viewing screen! The application makes full use of the airplane's processor terminal. The watch processor of Apple Watch would not meet the hardware requirements of the application at least not at present with the existing technology!
2018-3-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Apple watch is well known to cause serious interference. Better don't bring it nearby at all.
2018-3-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-19 13:25
Apple watch is well known to cause serious interference. Better don't bring it nearby at all.

Wachtberger is right.

This was a DJI post on the subject:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-136776-1-1.html

2018-3-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-19 14:05
Wachtberger is right.

This was a DJI post on the subject:

Thank you, and now an a little bit naughty joke: "DJI, please make GO 4 compatible with "Alexa". ;-)
2018-3-19
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-19 13:25

The Apple watch doesn't seem to want to connect to anything directly except through bluetooth. All wifi connections seem to occur through the iPhone. I certainly wouldn't want to trust this chain of devices to control a drone. I limit my use of the phone as the only controller because I don't trust it as much as I do the dedicated remote.
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Maybe I am misunderstanding.  Wouldn't screen of Apple iWatch be to too tooo small to view & use GO4 app.  Even if iWatch had a fast enough processor and big enough power source.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, LookAt_Wictim, thanks for your idea, it has been forwarded to our engineer.
2018-3-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Bring the drone, bring the cell phone.  Easy.  I figure the Watch app would be a solution in search of a problem.  Or, a lot of problems.  Owner looking at his watch, "My drone flew away!"   
2018-3-19
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know if everyone looked at the video which was posted at #5.
That guy talked about 'compass calibration' with the Apple watch nearby.
And with all other metallic devices or radiating gadgets, of course the calibration will fail. This is not Apple watch specific.
He even flew with an MavicAIR and an Apple watch hooked in the front arm and had no problem.

2018-3-20
Use props
Briviao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43799 ft
United Arab Emirates

You can already do (nearly all) this without the need of the apple watch.
You press twice the button on the Mavic Air rear led and you are in Gesture Mode.
You take off, you start a video with the "frame" hand gesture, you adjust distance and the drone will follow you. Only thing missing would be the battery level. That would be interesting.
It would also be great having the ability to launch Quickshots.
2018-3-20
Use props
Briviao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43799 ft
United Arab Emirates

Keule Posted at 2018-3-20 00:02
I don't know if everyone looked at the video which was posted at #5.
That guy talked about 'compass calibration' with the Apple watch nearby.
And with all other metallic devices or radiating gadgets, of course the calibration will fail. This is not Apple watch specific.

Apple watch itself does no harm. I have it and is not a problem. The magnetic band of the apple watch in that particular video creates the problem. Any magnet would do. Put a pair of over-ear headset next to the drone when you calibrate and you'll see.
2018-3-20
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-19 14:54
Maybe I am misunderstanding.  Wouldn't screen of Apple iWatch be to too tooo small to view & use GO4 app.  Even if iWatch had a fast enough processor and big enough power source.

It depends what you are want to display on a Apple watch's display.
There is an app called Kittyhawk (similar to GO4)  They have an Apple watch app in which you can check current weather, airspace, wind a few more useful infos...

2018-3-20
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

@Wachtberger there is no intereference when u are using only drone without rc.

@Briviao i know but try it in real life when u need to take a picture and drone didnt recognize you it´s not perfect and i want to click on my wrist and make photo or video. Easier and better

@DJI Diana Thank you very much

@Tomas Kozacek nice idea

@B1houdini but im not talking about spark (wifi connection between phone and rc and spark) now mavic air have new function "smart gesture without phone or rc" and now it´s possible i think.

2018-3-20
Use props
fansf8119cde
New
Germany

I was really hoping to use the Apple watch as a remote control for my new Osmo Mobile 2.

Please create app for the  Watch and DJI GO!
2018-10-12
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ummmmmmmm, no.
2018-10-12
Use props
fans01f95981
New
Canada

I could see a real benefit for auto-following the Apple Watch, as it would follow anyone wearing the watch, within range of the controller.  This would be hugely advantageous for me, as I often do action shots, and don’t want the controller and/or phone in the shot.  Something to consider.
2020-11-30
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2020-11-30
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this worked properly Apple Watch's Digital Crown, but here are some steps you can try to fix it:-
1. Clean the Digital Crown:- Dirt, debris, or moisture can interfere with its functionality. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe around the Digital Crown, ensuring no dirt gets trapped inside the mechanism.
2. Check for software updates:- Ensure your Apple Watch is running the latest software version. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap "General," and then "Software Update."
3. Force restart your Apple Watch:- If a simple restart doesn't work, try a forced restart. This can be helpful in resolving more complex software issues. Hold both the side button and Digital Crown simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears.
4. Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:- This process resets the connection between your Watch and iPhone, sometimes resolving software conflicts that might be causing the problem. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap "My Watch," then "General," and finally, "Reset." Choose "Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings" to confirm. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to re-pair your Watch.
Follow more assistance below.

2-28 04:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules