Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best tips for Flawless spark?
2703 10 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenMcB
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Guys,

So i have recently bought a dji spark and i am flying it via wifi with the RC controller. I use an iphone X and the dji go 4 app.
I am having a lot of lag in the app which makes flying very hard and when trying to record cinematic shots it will lag and throw the picture right off and ruin the shot.
The aircraft is also disconnecting / losing signal around the 100m mark.

So my question is, what is the best possible way to connect to the spark? I hear people saying to have phone in airplane mode with bluetooth off etc?
Is there anything i can do in the settings such as clearing the cache?

Any other tips on improving performance and overall useage is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Regards,
Darren
2018-3-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

make sure you have no other apps running in the background has the go4 app is ram hungry, a must is put your phone in airplane mode has wifi, bluetooth etc causes interfernce with the spark, ensure you fly in an open field and not near any wifi signals has this will confuse your drones wifi and most likely put your drone in atti mode. also start off in beginers mode and get used to the feel of the drone.
2018-3-19
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it is recommended to turn bluetooth off.
Airplane mode can be on or not, that depends on you. it will limit inbound calls, texts or anything that can affect your screen during flight.
Cache can be cleared in the DJI Go4 app. go to "Me" section and you have "settings" in the upper right corner. click on the wheel and then you have the "clear cache" option.
2018-3-19
Use props
thegrinch77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2412513 ft
United States

I highly recommend getting a cheap wifi extender for your Spark. This will get you almost double range and better video feed and manoeuverability. These cost just a few dollar and gives you an excellent flying experience. Check out this link: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Antenna-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-Range-Extender-For-DJI-SPARK-MAVIC-PRO/362167794373?hash=item5452e1fac5:m:mU57mUQr7f7PaQ-eSpnPVhA
2018-3-19
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some ppl doing FCC mode.
2018-3-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you are in Airplane Mode, have Bluetooth turned off and maybe this will improve the WiFi transmission. I don't have an iPhone but hear the OTG Cable option still exists for iOS, not Android?
2018-3-19
Use props
DarrenMcB
lvl.1
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-19 14:33
Make sure you are in Airplane Mode, have Bluetooth turned off and maybe this will improve the WiFi transmission. I don't have an iPhone but hear the OTG Cable option still exists for iOS, not Android?

Oh...

Can anybody confirm does the otg cable still work on iOS? Does it involve downgrading the dji go app?
2018-3-19
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
United States

DarrenMcB Posted at 2018-3-19 15:24
Oh...

Can anybody confirm does the otg cable still work on iOS? Does it involve downgrading the dji go app?

Still works!
2018-3-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh...

Can anybody confirm does the otg cable still work on iOS? Does it involve downgrading the dji go app?

Downgrading on the Android to an earlier firmware, I hear, still enables the OTG Cable being used, not sure on the iOS front?
2018-3-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh...

Can anybody confirm does the otg cable still work on iOS? Does it involve downgrading the dji go app?

You are lucky, it not 'still' but 'again' works on the actual iOS versions (afaik)
A feature, Droids still need to use a 5 month old app for!
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Oh...

Darren, I would recommend you ensure that there is no interference around your spark. Please try to change an environment to fly your spark. If most channels are green in the wifi-setting, it is a good place for flying. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules