874 9 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I only flew my Spark for 1,5 battery max. Learning gesture mode on saturday for max 5-10 min and today i flew for 5-10 min. Both times i had gimbal warnings. After coming home today i noticed the gimbal isnt moving all the way straight foward (0 degrees) and all the way down (-85 degrees). It moves between -5 degrees till - 45 dregees.

The app isnt giving any errors when i start it but after a while of moving the gimbal with my RC i sometimes get these errors (not always and im not running the motors):
- gimbal motor overload
- gimbal motor protection

I had contact with the support desk and did refresh my firmware via Dji Assistant 2 and did an IMU calibration. But still having this problem. So they told me to send it in for a repair.

Do any of you have any other idea how to solve this? I only flew twice very short and only have it since 1,5 week. Hope u guys can help me out and make me happy again.

Greetings,

Pascal
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Sounds like a hardware issue. If the steps the agent advised you on did not produce results, you will need to have a technician look at your aircraft.
2018-3-19
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-19 14:12
Sounds like a hardware issue. If the steps the agent advised you on did not produce results, you will need to have a technician look at your aircraft.

There could be some fine dirt or larger dust particles between the moving parts, it doesn't take much. Since it's a new drone, I wouldn't bother investigating and send it back for repair or exchange.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please listen to the advice from Mark and contact our support: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Did open an repair case.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Netherlands

KurtVD Posted at 2018-3-19 16:08
There could be some fine dirt or larger dust particles between the moving parts, it doesn't take much. Since it's a new drone, I wouldn't bother investigating and send it back for repair or exchange.

I cant fix it myself. The gimbal movement is less then it should be (0 till - 85 degrees). So totally not happy with this problem with my brand new drown and this little flight distance as you see. Hope DJI repair will replace or fix it without any costs for me.
2018-3-20
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

That might be a hardware malfunction, not software. So updates wont fix it. I suggest to raise a case regarding the issue with DJI Support. Hope it goes well
2018-3-20
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi Admin,

My casenumer is CAS-1571581-G4K0B0

The drone is totally new and only flew 2x with it. Now i got a free repair, but since its all new I expected a total new drone.

Why do i get a repair and not a new drone?

Gr. Pascal
2018-4-9
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry to hear about your gimbal issues.  DJI will fix it unless they deem it a bigger problem.  They will fix it vs a new one; just like when you buy a car.  They will fix it not give you a new car.

Hope you get it back soon and are back flying.

2018-4-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans322fcc83 Posted at 2018-4-9 05:33
Hi Admin,

My casenumer is CAS-1571581-G4K0B0

Your expectations aren't written in the warranty conditions of DJI, methinks!
You could expect that from your shop, possibly, but the manufacturer can chose what they are offering.
But only 2 weeks, you are in europe, probably it needed to get to the netherlands, it was a new drone, only 2 times in the air, now it is a new drone, only 2 times flown from the customer, but with a new gimbal.  I guess.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules