Modification battery mavic
1632 10 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nomad04
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55568 ft
Italy

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]After disassembling a mavic battery, I wondered if it was possible to change the battery to increase the flight time? The mavic battery is composed of three cells of 3.8 V to 3820 mAh per cell are connected in series, so the volt becomes 11.4 v "3.8x3 = 11.4v" while the amps remain the same because the connection is done with a series, to increase the flight time you have to increase the capacity in amps of the battery, looking on the net I found 4800 mAh lipo cells then 980 mAh more, this means an increase of 25; 7% of mAh which translated into minutes, keeping a 27-minute flight an increase of about 34 minutes. It is not so much as an increase but if it is feasible it would not be bad. then the price of three cells is 24 pounds, plus I also found slightly larger 5200 mAh cells but they should be in the dji mavic box. My question is the electronics of the battetia could fail by increasing the amps?
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]

2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. It is not recommended. Thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you try it?
2018-3-19
Use props
Nomad04
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-19 18:39
Hi, there. It is not recommended. Thanks!

Hi DJI Diana
May I ask why it is not recommended?
I saw that some dji mavic user adds an external 3s battery and the drone has no problem.
2018-3-20
Use props
Nomad04
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Exib
I have not yet ordered the three cells and as soon as they arrive I try to replace them.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nomad04 Posted at 2018-3-20 09:32
Hi DJI Diana
I saw that some dji mavic user adds an external 3s battery and the drone has no problem.

Please do not modify the drone especially the battery, we are not able to assure the compatibility and the performance of the drone after the modification, which might cause a potential threat to the flight safety. And it will also void your warranty, please do not modify. Thank you for your support.
2018-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nomad04 Posted at 2018-3-20 09:32
Hi DJI Diana

Just because DJI can't verify and test your modifications.
So if the drone shows unwanted behavior and causes a lot of damage DJI will possibly be held responsible.
2018-3-22
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

I think you can put also three Mavic Batteries in serial so you could fly for almost 1.5 hr. But I would not ask for permission or suggestions here. You could also mount a Ferrari engine in your old Beetle VW, but don't claim if you will crash on the first corner. DJI will be for sure not responsible, if users put a Atomic driven battery on your mavic just to be able to fly around One year. We'll wait for your Photos taken from a crashed Drone. Good Luck Nomad!
2018-3-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry guys, but altering the safe parameters set by any manufacturers product such as a drone is in my opinion highly irresponsible. Yes, some people like to push the boundaries, I am not one of them. If DJI come up with a battery that gives longer flight times, rock on, but til then it is a no go area, for me at least. I will  land and change batteries, simple isn't it.

But if it floats your boat, work away, fill your boots, drive on, just don't expect support when you nose dive your drone into the ground or worse "into somebody" after it fails because you altered it with an unsupported device.
2018-3-22
Use props
Nomad04
lvl.2
Italy

Hi guys
My intention is not to create danger, it was just an idea to try to recover a few more minutes of flight, it is true that the DJI tests every product to make it safe and reliable that I could never do, I understand your words and then close my post here
2018-3-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Nomad04 Posted at 2018-3-22 12:11
Hi guys
My intention is not to create danger, it was just an idea to try to recover a few more minutes of flight, it is true that the DJI tests every product to make it safe and reliable that I could never do, I understand your words and then close my post here

Very wise decision in my opinion.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules