Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Gimbal
1290 13 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc6653026
Australia

I've had the Mavic air for a few weeks now with no issues then overnight on a new shoot the Mavic Air Gimbal is now leaning to one side ( my horizontal is out)I've tried auto re calabarting several times over serval days, I've done an IMU reset however my Mavic Air gimbal is still leaning to one side so my horizontal is out.

Any fixes to this issue?

2018-3-19
Use props
fansc6653026
Australia

Here's a grab from a recent shoot
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, fansc6653026, sorry to hear the issue. Is there any crash history of your drone? Have you checked that if there is an error message in the DJI GO4 app? Thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-19 19:40
Hi, fansc6653026, sorry to hear the issue. Is there any crash history of your drone? Have you checked that if there is an error message in the DJI GO4 app? Thanks!

Hi Diana,

No I have never crashed the Air and no errors on the DJI GO4 app.  One day the Air was working fine then the next day the gimbal had this issue.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

OTSWS Posted at 2018-3-19 19:45
Hi Diana,

No I have never crashed the Air and no errors on the DJI GO4 app.  One day the Air was working fine then the next day the gimbal had this issue.

Hi, thank you for the information. Could you please provide the original photos and videos from the SD card or built-in memory? We'll look into it, Thanks in advance!
2018-3-20
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-20 02:36
Hi, thank you for the information. Could you please provide the original photos and videos from the SD card or built-in memory? We'll look into it, Thanks in advance!

Hi Diana,

I'll shoot some new footage as the previous files are owned by my client.
How do I send you a new file?
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like a hardware issue and you are sure there wasn't any accidents that may have impacted the Mavic Air Gimbal? Maybe try using a different smart device connected to the unit and reinstall the app and see if that makes a difference?
2018-3-20
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-20 10:26
It sounds like a hardware issue and you are sure there wasn't any accidents that may have impacted the Mavic Air Gimbal? Maybe try using a different smart device connected to the unit and reinstall the app and see if that makes a difference?

I have never crashed the Air and when It's transported it's always in a case and treated with care.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

OTSWS Posted at 2018-3-20 10:21
Hi Diana,

I'll shoot some new footage as the previous files are owned by my client.

Hi, you can upload the photos or videos to the Dropbox if it is large, then share the link here, thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OTSWS Posted at 2018-3-20 10:40
I have never crashed the Air and when It's transported it's always in a case and treated with care.

Is the case you are referring to the original case supplied by DJI that came with the Mavic Air?
2018-3-21
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-21 11:04
Is the case you are referring to the original case supplied by DJI that came with the Mavic Air?

Yes the case that comes with the Fly more kit, it fits the Air only, not the controller.
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OTSWS Posted at 2018-3-21 12:00
Yes the case that comes with the Fly more kit, it fits the Air only, not the controller.

Yeah then your camera gimbal should be OK, I would talk with DJI about it as the warranty surely picks up that kind of issue?
2018-3-21
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

I have three short videos of the Gimbal issue in Drop Box.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iobr1 ... p5le8niWC2Npea?dl=0
2018-3-21
Use props
OTSWS
Australia

Something odd has happened, i took the Air out for a test flight ,all indicators were fine on the controller then suddenly i lost control of the Air, it took off at top speed out of sight. it crashed into a tree, snapped off the blades and the gimbal took a heavy hit with damage to the undercarriage and the back small leg is snapped off  where one of the fins is missing along with the front legs are missing the white plastic covers.

I was lucky to locate the Air as it was in bush and thanks to the flight path and video feed still going I was able to find the aircraft.

Anyway I though I would take it out again for a fly and see if it works or ready for the bin.... well to my surprise the off set lean of the gimbal is fixed and the Air still flys.  For how long I don't know.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules