Battery frozen during update
724 2 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9896wf+968
New

Argentina

[size=14.6667px]I was updating my DJI Spark, with my phone connected to the controller via WiFi and the controller connected to Spark. At 98% of the update the aircraft would not turn on, and the battery was stuck with the two middle LEDs on. After about 30 min like this, I swapped batteries and the updated finished without further issues. Problem is I was left with a battery that would not respond (two middle LEDs stuck).

[size=14.6667px]Then I conncted the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 with the second battery (the one that finished the update successfully), and everything was ok. I proceeded to update my third battery through DJI Assistant 2, and did so without problems.

[size=14.6667px]Now I had to check on battery #1, the one that got stuck. I tried to update the first battery (the one that had the two middle LED on), and had no success, because it would not turn on the aircraft, so conexion to DJI Assistant 2 was not possible.

[size=14.6667px]I then tried to charge the battery on the drone, without success. I also tried to use the Spark's Battery Charging Hub, but as soon as I connected the battery it would slowly blink in greena couple times, and turn red.

[size=14.6667px]I did see some people having this issue with Mavic and Phantom batteries, but theirs would turn on the aircraft, allowing them to connect to DJI Assistant 2, and fix the issue.

[size=14.6667px]DJI support just told me to send the battery it back to them.

[size=14.6667px]Any ideas? Has it happened to anyone else?

[size=14.6667px]Thanks,

2018-3-19
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Let the battery sit there (could take a few days) until the lights turn off. Then charge it up to 100% and update the battery like you did with the other two
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

When did you use the faulty battery? Did you idle it for a long time? If you charge them for a long time with no react, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules