5280 15 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

Hello everyone,

I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 from the Mavic Air product page in order to use the flight simulator on my PC instead of using the tiny smartphone screen.
The install process completed succesfully but I can't see any simulator option in the Assistant menu (the one on the left). I can only update my firmware, donwload logs and calibrate the drone.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there no simulator on PC/MAC (I tried both windows and macos) for the mavic air yet?

Thanks to everyone who will be able to help me out
2018-3-20
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Nobody ever tried to launch the simulator with mavic air on their PC?
2018-3-20
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

bump bump bump
2018-3-21
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

I don't think there is Flight Simulator in PC/Mac
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Hestia, the flight simulator only can be used on the mobile device via DJI GO4, thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-21 04:01
Hi, Hestia, the flight simulator only can be used on the mobile device via DJI GO4, thanks!

Thanks! I guess I will try to mirror the screen from my phone then
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

kfloke Posted at 2018-3-21 03:51
I don't think there is Flight Simulator in PC/Mac

Must say its a great idea though ;)
2018-3-21
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-21 05:38
Must say its a great idea though ;)

Yeah I agree and hope it will happen... so I can simulate using my iMac 27" screen rather than iPhone X screen
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

kfloke Posted at 2018-3-21 07:07
Yeah I agree and hope it will happen... so I can simulate using my iMac 27" screen rather than iPhone X screen

27"?  Hmmm, that could be considered as a unworkable narrow field of view...

Go big, or go home
360.jpg

2018-3-21
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Singapore

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-21 07:57
27"?  Hmmm, that could be considered as a unworkable narrow field of view...

Go big, or go home

such an amazing setup...
2018-3-21
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Are we certain that this is not possible? I just hooked up my MPP to my Mac using the Assistant and was able to see and enter the flight simulator (displayed on the left side). If I remember correctly back then in February when I bought the MPP I was able to fly in that simulator as well as I had the same idea as the OP. Weirdly enough this time it didn't want to work, it just sat there. It worked on a previous FW version back then in February.

Unless I am completely throwing things around now, but I think it was possible or I must be crazy not remembering correctly.

Here is a picture I took.

2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

kfloke Posted at 2018-3-21 08:04
such an amazing setup...

I love it as well, makes a great gaming setup, especially with Kerbal Space Program.  Its a very cheap solution because second hand 17" 4/3 screens cost nothing, nobody seems to want them anymore.
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Marian Posted at 2018-3-21 08:13
Are we certain that this is not possible? I just hooked up my MPP to my Mac using the Assistant and was able to see and enter the flight simulator (displayed on the left side). If I remember correctly back then in February when I bought the MPP I was able to fly in that simulator as well as I had the same idea as the OP. Weirdly enough this time it didn't want to work, it just sat there. It worked on a previous FW version back then in February.

Unless I am completely throwing things around now, but I think it was possible or I must be crazy not remembering correctly.

Thats sweet!

Haven't seen it with my Mavic Air connected, It could also be for Mac only?
2018-3-21
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Marian Posted at 2018-3-21 08:13
Are we certain that this is not possible? I just hooked up my MPP to my Mac using the Assistant and was able to see and enter the flight simulator (displayed on the left side). If I remember correctly back then in February when I bought the MPP I was able to fly in that simulator as well as I had the same idea as the OP. Weirdly enough this time it didn't want to work, it just sat there. It worked on a previous FW version back then in February.

That's why I asked! I have see the same assistant menu around the net and I was wondering why i can't do the same with my Air...

2018-3-21
Use props
Victor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9255 ft

Did you install the kext for Android when you installed Assistant 2 ?

The simulator works on my iMac ok.
2018-6-4
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Victor Posted at 2018-6-4 13:06
Did you install the kext for Android when you installed Assistant 2 ?

The simulator works on my iMac ok.

Could you please give more details on what I need to install? I coulnd't see any simulator option on both MACOS and Windows :s
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules