Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestions for improvement of the Pilot App
2653 19 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlackFlake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254032 ft
Germany

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to the Pilot App (after having flown the Vision+ for about 5 months).

I really like the Pilot App from what I've seen up to now, but at the first glance I have two ideas how to improve it.
Sorry if this is the wrong Forum or a similar thread should already exist. But if not, maybe this could become a thread where everyone can post his suggestions for the improvement of the app.

So, mine are:
I would love another option for the two buttons on the back: "Gimbal straight" or something like that, which means, the gimbal should then look straight forward with 0° tilt. I find it hard to find that exact point with the gimbal wheel. A similar option is already there with "gimbal up/gimbal down"
When in p-mode the app shows your current status in the upper middle ("safe to fly with GPS" etc). But as soon as you receive a low or critical battery warning, this appears at the same spot (blinking red) overwriting the status. Would it be possible, to leave the current status there and have the battery percentage go red (as it already does) and blink? Or maybe have the status and the warning in the upper Center, but alternating?
2015-5-6
Use props
ntfa
Second Officer

United States

I would like to see a shutdown for the P3 in the settings.  Not something you can mistakenly hit, rather a slide to shut down the bird.  Say 10 second countdown with cancel button.  So if It sits on a shelf or on the floor, you can disable it before touching it.  Also like to see a stealth mode.   No lights at all.   Waypoints of course.  Those are coming.  
2015-5-6
Use props
lassek
lvl.1

Germany

I would really like to get a button to change the direction of the Gimbal Tilt Wheel, like tere was one at the P2... I´m going totally mad with the actual direction
2015-5-6
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

@BlackFlake : you can already set the function "Gimbal mode" to C1 or C2 : the Gimbal mode changes from "follow" to "fpv", back and forth.
2015-5-6
Use props
steve_aull
lvl.1

United States

When using imperial data the I thing vertical speed should be expressed in feet per second.
2015-5-6
Use props
jamesboulding
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'd like it to work with iPad mini!
2015-5-6
Use props
BigCol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361647 ft
United Kingdom

I would like there to be a tutorial and help facility. You seem to have to learn by trial and error
2015-5-20
Use props
deboldt
lvl.2

United States

I would like to have the ability to point the camera on a target and it keeps that point when I more the right, left, up or down.  Let it control the camera pitch and yaw. Or maybe I sure just practice more. :-)
2015-5-20
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Thanks for all the advice.
I'll report them. Hope they can be adopted.
2015-5-22
Use props
sergioanguizola
lvl.1

Panama

I would like
1. director app tutorial in videos section,
2. 4k video tranfer to iphone or ipad.
2015-5-24
Use props
estebansaez
lvl.1

Venezuela

that they took the GROUND STATION ..... ???????????? , it was the best function of the app phantom . buy the phantom 3 and am disappointed that they have taken such a useful function
2015-6-2
Use props
estebansaez
lvl.1

Venezuela

The next update comes hope this function . I am fanatical user of your products and have them here in Venezuela held high .. please do not leave me bad , incorporenle the groun station pilot and the DJI Throw in visualization or sensor activation internal flight in the app .
2015-6-2
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

I find the actual choice of measurement units a bit unconfortable. You can either go to Imperial or metric but I am not satisfied with any of those options
Would be great if the App would let you choose the units to use for each specific field.
For instance I would like to have something like this:

Height in feet
Distance in Meters or Yards
Vertical speed in Feet per minute
Horizontal speed (Ground Speed) in Knots

Those are the usual aeronautical units used for flying in the USA and Europe and I am sure many people would appreciate this opcion.
I do not think this would be dificult to implement and would surely enhance the user experience.

Thanks
2015-6-3
Use props
Rob88
lvl.4

Canada

Some very good suggestions above.  Here's mine:

The settings are divided into 7 pages: aircraft state, MC, RC, HD, battery, gimbal and general.  I would like to see them reorganized to include a pre-flight checklist page, so that compass calibration, RTH altitude, etc, are all in the same place.  DJI would set it up in the order that their engineers recommend.  Basically, this would be the only page you would need to worry about before taking off, and going through this page would ensure that you don't forget anything.  The other settings that you adjust from time to time would remain on the other pages.
2015-6-5
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

A way to disable the Camera Settings Dial.  It never fails.... I set up my shutter speed and ISO the way I want.  Take off, and fly line of sight, and move the dial, and mess up my settings.    It would be nice to get my settings calibrated, and then "lock" the settings, so I can't accidentally change them.
2015-6-10
Use props
theprisoner666
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Is there a composition grid overlay in the app? If not, this would be useful for composing using rule of thirds.
2015-6-22
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

When you have C1 or C2 programmed to return the camera to forward view, have it S L O W L Y return the camera to center, at the same rate that it's programmed  in the Gimbal Wheel Speed setting.
2015-6-23
Use props
Lgpproducciones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Ok here is my 3 sugestions from a guy who lives from aerial shoots and videos since 3 years now ... always useing DJI

1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DJI !!! add a Smoothing option on the APP so we can make the gimbal to stop gentry and no abrut as it does when you relese the weel.
2) An option to custumized and save camera settings on both photo and video modes, so with pressing just one button we are ready to go the way we like it.
3) Point of Interest and waypoints

And also if you can change the gimbal wheel for a slider on the back right side to move the gimbal tilt it would be lovely !! it is really difficult to use the same hand for trhottle yaw and Gimbal.
2015-8-31
Use props
Wingslikewhat
lvl.1

United States

Terrain follow up AND DOWN!!
2018-1-23
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

deboldt@machlin Posted at 2015-5-20 16:51
I would like to have the ability to point the camera on a target and it keeps that point when I more the right, left, up or down.  Let it control the camera pitch and yaw. Or maybe I sure just practice more. :-)

I totally agree with this, when shooting buildings this is my single biggest headache.  So much effort goes into trying to make tilting and panning moves smooth, I'm know the drone could do it better.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules