Using goggles and iPad simultaneously?
8568 6 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff50a9d5
lvl.2
United States

Please help before I buy these goggles. I have a Mavic Pro and use an iPad mini. Questions: Can my wife wear the goggles while I fly with the controller using the iPad------we both view the same scenery? If so, could I turn off the goggles' telemetry display, but keep it on the iPad I'm viewing as I fly? Answers to these 2 questions would help greatly. Thanks.?

2018-3-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The answer to both is yes. I have the MP and goggles Re. So yes
2018-3-20
Use props
fansff50a9d5
lvl.2
United States

Wow, that was fast------thank you very much because it was a big concern of mine in being able to share the FPV view at t he same time.
2018-3-20
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

fansff50a9d5 Posted at 2018-3-20 06:30
Wow, that was fast------thank you very much because it was a big concern of mine in being able to share the FPV view at t he same time.

Yes you can!
2018-3-20
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need the iPad to start the Go4 app..if you don’t and just use the goggles you will be limited to about 50 feet range...thus most of us just use both at the same time...
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Of course, you can get the same scenery both on the Goggles and Mobile device. Please refer this tutorial video to link them:
2018-3-25
Use props
fansf2d63246
New

United States

I appreciate the quick feedback & affirmation that DJI Goggles may be used simultaneously with an iPad controller display, thank you.  What is the process for doing so, say sequence, cabling steps to take with a DJI SPARK?  I'm supposig that the OTG cable connects to the Goggles, as usual.  The aircraft connects to the RC.  Here is the question: does the RC connect to the iPad (mini or full size) via bluetooth or wirelessly in some way?  That is, I go to System Prefs on my iPad, go to WIFI, find the SPARK wifi, connect to it, once connected then connect the Goggles, or do I connect the Goggles first, then link RC to Ipad via wifi?  Sorry for the length, I want to achieve what the earlier writer wants to.  BTW, once all conx, what is the process for turning off the control displays on the Goggles for an unobstructoed view by the wearer.  BTW again, [email]rodjballard@gmail.com  Thanks.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules