Talk about horrible outdated customer support.
846 10 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1IJUgEOI9M7w
lvl.1

Japan

Spark disconnected @ about 40 feet, started to descent crashing into a tree to later hit the ground and break.

I live in Japan so tried to get support from DJI Japan but they said I needed to send to USA for guarantee, I offer to forget about guarantee and cover the repair on my own. The email was complete ignored by support agent Justin Liao, then communication stoped.
contact them again and this time get replies in japanese when I have mailed then In English and they clearly have English speakers at the office. Anyways, They are making it sounds as DJI Japan & DJI USA are not the same company.

Talk about horrible outdated customer support.

If I buy a DJI product I would expect to get DJI support at the closest support center as with any reputable brand.

I have read a thread about a guy living in japan having a bad experience sending his drone for repair overseas...drone was retured to japan after 2.5 months (Lots of money and time wasted )
I am really not looking forward to go through anything like that.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109183-1-1.html

Anyone the could shed some light would be highly appreciated.

Gushi Tokyo

2018-3-20
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

It doesn't sound right that there is no DJI repair center in Japan.  I would do more research to find one closer than the USA.  Otherwise, seeing as the price of the Spark is dropping fast, it would be worth it to just find a good drone repair center in Japan that isn't part of DJI.  Not worry about keeping the guarantee by using official repair centers.  The drone isn't hard to work on or get parts for.
2018-3-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I replaced the body on mine by myself.  It's not that hard.
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they provide you with a quick turnaround time of less than two weeks then they have to commit to it, otherwise the time for repair isn't comparable to other companies repairing technology products. All OEMs have to be competitive with their repairing of their products.
2018-3-20
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

japan has its own repair center contact them here:  JAPAN DJI Japan Mon-Fri 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM (GMT+9) support.jp@dji.com
2018-3-20
Use props
Gushi Tokyo
lvl.1

Japan

THANK YOU all  for the replies .

@RobertWSimps I’m considering that as last option

@Arcobaleno dude please read my post before posting none sense but thank you anyways

DJI needs to be responsible for there products

They are a unified company when you buy DJI is international company based in many countries

When you need customer support they are totally different companies that can’t service “the other company products “

DJI Japan says they only service domestic DJI not imported DJI ( bought mine in USA )
In reality DJI makes all the Drones I China so technically they are only domestic good there, anywhere else they are imported

But those are the terms DJI Japan used
We only service domestic goods

Ps YouTube video talking about the customer service wonder DJI is coming soon
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gushi Tokyo Posted at 2018-3-20 17:59
THANK YOU all  for the replies .

@RobertWSimps I’m considering that as last option

We are sorry for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. However, DJI does not provide the international repair service, so if you are going to apply for a warranty case, you might need to send the drone back to the US, but you can also repair the drone in the nearest repair center at your own expense.
For the support issue, I will forward your situation to the proper team to check and help. Sincerely sorry again for the unpleasant experience. warranty issue.png
2018-3-20
Use props
Gushi Tokyo
lvl.1

Japan

Hello DJI Thor!

Thank you for your reply.
The only repair service that I can find online is DJI Japan

I already gave them the option to get it repaired here in Japan (me covering the charge )
** DJI Japan stopped replying after that email*
After contact them one more time I got replies in Japanese saying they only repair “domestic products”

It would be great if you contact them ASAP so I can get my spark repaired

I am also waiting on DJI USA reply

Depending on what they say I am going to get a Mavic Air as soon as they reply

** Of course I prefer to get service in Japan**

DJI better takes care of me properly  or else I will make sure lots of people realizes why is better to stay away from DJI  

Customers are customers not only when we buy but also when guarantee is on and the drone crashes due to malfunction you should be responsible !
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gushi Tokyo Posted at 2018-3-21 00:44
Hello DJI Thor!

Thank you for your reply.

I had forwarded your case to the designated team, we will have someone to contact you soon regarding your case.
DJI can provide the warranty service when a user applies the warranty service in the country/area he purchased the drone. I understand how you feel, hope your kind understanding.
2018-3-21
Use props
Gushi Tokyo
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 19:59
I had forwarded your case to the designated team, we will have someone to contact you soon regarding your case.
DJI can provide the warranty service when a user applies the warranty service in the country/area he purchased the drone. I understand how you feel, hope your kind understanding.

Thank You very Much DJI Thor
I have been contacted by DJI Japan

Have a good day!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gushi Tokyo Posted at 2018-3-21 22:29
Thank You very Much DJI Thor
I have been contacted by DJI Japan

Thanks for your understanding. If there are any further questions, feel free to contact us, we'll be here for help.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules