665 12 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could not find the answer so here goes. I ordered some leg extensions from Amazon for my MA because it is so low. I think it is a great idea and most have thought so too but no one has commented if you lose some wifi signal due to the antennas being on the MA legs. Any ideas?   Thanks
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landing pad works better for me
2018-3-20
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-20 08:11
Landing pad works better for me

i agree.
For me, i hate adding additional weight.
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only additions I add to my drones are DJI ND filters.  
2018-3-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I use extension on Mavic Pro. I also use a Landing pad.
I like the extra height off the ground. Protects the sensors a bit better.  
The wind caught the my pad as I was landing once and the Mavic landed on the grass which stained the sensors on the bottom and stained the Props a little.

But everyone can decide for themselves what works for them.
2018-3-20
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

I picked up the pgytech gear and fly with it constantly. It’s very lightweight and I  haven’t  had any signal issues at all. It gives me a little peace of mind on sand and dirt getting into the camera/gimbal. I didn’t notice any differences in flight characteristics in my observations.
2018-3-21
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

I feel that the landing path is a great option... but the leg extensions will work at any moment in case you just need to land your MA as soon as possible for whatever reason...
2018-3-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have leg extensions and never used them, have heard many horror stories. I rather just use my landing pad.
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-21 07:41
I picked up the pgytech gear and fly with it constantly. It’s very lightweight and I  haven’t  had any signal issues at all. It gives me a little peace of mind on sand and dirt getting into the camera/gimbal. I didn’t notice any differences in flight characteristics in my observations.

Got them last week as well, haven't got a chance to test them out yet. Love the way they lift de Air of the ground though.  I'm not to worried that they would effect flight to much or stop sensors from working like on the Mavic Pro.
2018-3-21
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-20 09:00
I use extension on Mavic Pro. I also use a Landing pad.
I like the extra height off the ground. Protects the sensors a bit better.  
The wind caught the my pad as I was landing once and the Mavic landed on the grass which stained the sensors on the bottom and stained the Props a little.

I use a Walmart welcome mat, it's heavy enough the wind doesn't bother it.
2018-3-21
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i only used my landing pad a few times - too much fuss. I had leg extensions on for about 8 months and did not have any issues with them but after learning to hand land i decided to do away with them. Recently though i have noticed a few times that my gimbal is being obstructed pre launch and so i am thinking about putting them back on because the extra height from the ground makes me feel better about the gimbal.
2018-3-21
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

What about hand launching and catching?
2018-3-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

The leg extensions aren't very useful (I have them - used once).  Even with them on, the props still kick up dust and dirt into the gimbal. Just because your props clear whatever is on the ground doesn't mean your gimbal won't get a lot of junk in it.   I also have a mat, and rarely use that.  Instead, I can always find a decent surface to take off from, and if the landing surface is not appropriate, I hand catch.  
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules