Tello Not switching on or Charging
Home / TELLO /
70825 32 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sOaYqnfu8qAC
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Hi i just bought a Tello and it does not switch on or charge.  I tried switching on the drone and nothing happend, so i tried charging it.When i connected the drone to a power source the LED indicator turns GREEN for a couple of seconds and then RED for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I have tried multiple usb cables and power sources with the same result. so it is definitly something to do with the drone.

ps: i even tried plugging the USB cable to the drone without the batterty inserted and still i get the same error.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi mate, we suggest that you contact Ryze/Tello support for further help regarding your issue, here's the link to contact them: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-3-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, for your problem, please help check below information:
1. Did you try to change different power adapter? If not, would you help try that?
2. Please try to disconnect the USB cable, unplug the battery, then insert the battery and connect the USB cable, then help check if we still have the same issue?
Thanks for your support.
2018-3-20
Use props
Ab_13
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

I took the drone back to the seller and they figured out what the problem was. They re-installed the firmware and now the drone is working just fine.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ab_13 Posted at 2018-3-23 07:10
I took the drone back to the seller and they figured out what the problem was. They re-installed the firmware and now the drone is working just fine.

It's really nice to hear this good news. Wish you have a good time with the little drone.
2018-3-23
Use props
walt8
lvl.1
United States

Ab_13 Posted at 2018-3-23 07:10

DJI- How did they “re-install” the firmware??
2018-3-26
Use props
fansb4af0be8
New

Hong Kong

I have the same problems.  How do I upgrade the firmware?
2018-3-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, for the same issue, please kindly check below:
1)Please check if the battery has been inserted reversely.  Kindly noted that the QR code of the battery should be placed on the bottom.
2) With power off, please hold the power button until the led goes on and off, then release it. Go to Setting - more setting - firmware version to conduct upgrading process.Under normal circumstances,you can just go to setting - more setting - firmware version to upgrade without holding the power button.

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

walt8 Posted at 2018-3-26 06:21
DJI- How did they “re-install” the firmware??

Hey there, please check the 8# to see whether it works. If you have any questions about the Tello, feel free to contact the right support from here: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-3-30
Use props
fans87354b9d
New

Argentina

the same happened to me the problem is that I bougth it in germany and I live in Argentina, I found the problem when I unbox the tello
2018-4-24
Use props
fans87354b9d
New

Argentina

I buy a Tello DJI in Germany, Tegel Airport 2 days ago, when I arrived to Argentina the same problem happened to me, someone can help me please?
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans87354b9d Posted at 2018-4-24 11:19
I buy a Tello DJI in Germany, Tegel Airport 2 days ago, when I arrived to Argentina the same problem happened to me, someone can help me please?

Sorry to read on this, did you try the suggestions posted in 3# and 8# from RYZE?
2018-4-24
Use props
fans4df053b1
lvl.1
Singapore

I too experienced the same issue twice. Tried removing and re-inserting the battery and holding the power button for long time etc. Nothing really worked. To my surprise, it came ON its own after sometimes when i left the drone connected to my mobile charger for sometimes. To me it looks like Tello need some minimum battery power to turn on (just like old iphone 4/4S ).
2018-4-26
Use props
Apiez
lvl.1

Singapore

Im also having the same problem.

Im using the standard Samsung charging cable and charger for my S7 edge its like a trial and error.
It tends to work in some cases and in some cases it wont. Tested with my Chromecast cable and Charger set also brings about a similar outcome. It sometimes works sometimes it doesnt.

But changing to my multi port Anker charger the same Samsung cable works fine each time. Like wise when i use my Samsung powerbank charging cable (that comes with a fast charging model) it will work with the Samsung S7 charger just fine every time.

Is there a specific type of cable / charger i should be looking at?
2018-4-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Apiez Posted at 2018-4-29 15:52

Im using the standard Samsung charging cable and charger for my S7 edge its like a trial and error.
Please kindly check #15 and see if it is helpful. If no good luck , please kindly turn to the right support from here: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support .
2018-5-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Apiez Posted at 2018-4-29 15:52

Sorry to hear that, a standard USB charger would be fine. Per your case, we do recommend you try this helpful method :

* When you find that it is unable to be charged, Please remove the USB cable from aircraft, unplug and reinstall the battery,  reattach the USB cable.

If it persists, please kindly turn to the right support from here: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-5-1
Use props
Mamoon Mir
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hello All Tello User's

2 Weeks ago i went with my friends somewhere for Biker's Meet up i accidentally attached Tello with Power Bank then this problem starts coming
today i was also trying to get a good view of Sunset but Tello wasn't responding but just a moment ago i have updated the Firmware and it again online

Simply do this

1. plug in the usb port while holding power button its gonna b green some 1-2 Second then pulse Red at that time
2. on your phone connect with Tello Via WIFI
3. then Open Tello App then go in settings
4. click on More
5. Click on Update Firmware it will take few Minutes then it will start charging
6. Test the Tello

this is all what i have just done and my tello is flying again

Best of Luck
2018-6-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Mamoon Mir Posted at 2018-6-29 10:01
Hello All Tello User's

2 Weeks ago i went with my friends somewhere for Biker's Meet up i accidentally attached Tello with Power Bank then this problem starts coming

Thanks a lot for your kind sharing.
To redo upgrade, you can also hold the power button with power off, the green led would go off, then red flashing led continues.  After that, you can connect Tello's wifi and redo upgrade.
2018-7-1
Use props
djiuser_FbZNVCBYDHkq
New

I had the same issue and found that I didn’t push the battery deep enough into the slot... you can try that
2018-9-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_FbZNVCBYDHkq Posted at 2018-9-27 08:11
I had the same issue and found that I didn’t push the battery deep enough into the slot... you can try that

Thanks for your sharing this helpful method.  Wish you have a good time with the little drone
2018-9-27
Use props
Alex Zhigalov
New

United States

djiuser_FbZNVCBYDHkq Posted at 9-27 08:11

Exactly what it was! It is sort of counter intuitive that you have to push harder after feeling the first resistance. But need to push further until you hear a click.
2018-11-28
Use props
gfunk839
New

South Africa

Alex Zhigalov Posted at 11-28 19:20
Exactly what it was! It is sort of counter intuitive that you have to push harder after feeling the first resistance. But need to push further until you hear a click.

Sorry for Necropost but I had this issue with my tello and couldn't find help anywhere .. so want to help others who land here.

My problem: Drone would not switch on ever. Charging caused green light followed by rapid flash of THREE RED lights.

Solution
Step 1: Remove battery
Step 2: Hold power button on (battery not inserted)
Step 3: While Holding down power button, slide battery in to Tello.. Should power on successfully.
Step 4: Connect to Tello with Wifi
Step 5: Open app
Step 6: Redownload and flash firmware
Step 7: All good!!!!
2018-12-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

gfunk839 Posted at 12-1 05:50
Sorry for Necropost but I had this issue with my tello and couldn't find help anywhere .. so want to help others who land here.

My problem: Drone would not switch on ever. Charging caused green light followed by rapid flash of THREE RED lights.

Thanks for sharing.:4_145:}. Another method is to hold the power button for about 5-8s with power off,  then a flashing red light would go on automatically, then connect to Tello with wifi and redownload and flash the firmware.
2018-12-2
Use props
Nisim Eany
New

Israel

Hi, i just have my new tello but i cant charge the battery.
It's always "low battery" what to do?
2018-12-12
Use props
Brian Stephens6
New

United States

My drone was flying and just stopped now it won’t power on
2019-2-9
Use props
Brian Stephens6
New

United States

My drone was flying and just stopped now it won’t power on
2019-2-9
Use props
Brian Stephens6
New

United States

My drone the tea towel it was flying and just dropped straight out the air now the power won’t come on and you try to charge it at all sad and just blank but you can’t turn it on
2019-2-9
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Brian Stephens6 Posted at 2-9 11:09
My drone the tea towel it was flying and just dropped straight out the air now the power won’t come on and you try to charge it at all sad and just blank but you can’t turn it on

Please kindly unplug the battery and reinsert it firmly. Then you might check if it is flashing blue slowly while connecting a cable to the drone with power off. For further analysis, please also let me know its led status with power on, and if its wifi has been hooked up on your phone. Thanks in advance Brian.
2019-2-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Nisim Eany Posted at 2018-12-12 12:14
Hi, i just have my new tello but i cant charge the battery.
It's always "low battery" what to do?

Sorry for the miss Nisim.
To charge the battery, you can connect the USB cable to the aircraft with power off. Normally it would flash blue light slowly. If not, please kindly unplug the battery and replug it in.

If persists, may I know the led status of the drone with power on, of the drone which is charging with the USB cable?
2019-2-10
Use props
szornyu
New

Hungary

Is it possible to deep-discharge TELLO battery? Drone was lost, but found, not it won't start or charge.
2019-3-27
Use props
Samir Patel
New

United States

I had same problem that no matter what my tello don’t charge. I got brand new battery it still won’t work. Finally, I figured hardest way to update firmware where I followed below steps

1 remove battery and plug it in
2. Keep the power button of tello pressed on and connect usb. Green and res light appears
3. Now keep pressing and releasing power button so that red light stays on. Non stop. While doing same you will see tello in WiFi. Connect it
4. Don’t stop every one second power button pressing or you will lose WiFi connection.
5. Go to firmware and update it. Update completes and finally blue light. I am so happy it worked and my new battery was fully charged
2019-4-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Samir Patel Posted at 4-8 17:31
I had same problem that no matter what my tello don’t charge. I got brand new battery it still won’t work. Finally, I figured hardest way to update firmware where I followed below steps

1 remove battery and plug it in

Hi Samir,
Thanks for your sharing us a good way of re-upgrading the firmwire. We also wanna share you our way of upgrading firmware. Just hold the Power Button for about 5 seconds with power off, then release it when the green led turns off. Soon the indicator will pulse reds. Then you can connect to Tello and go to Setting - more setting- firmware version to upgrade the firmware again. After upgrading the firmware, please check whether the issue is resolved.
We are so honored to communicate with you. Have a good day!
2019-4-9
Use props
-*Dj_GarS*-
New

Philippines

Here's the story
My brother was Using the Tello near the Sea. He fly the Drone towards us in backwards. So he return the drone after flying but, because of the sensor at the bottom, the drone was going crazy. He cannot properly control the drone. I don't know why but I think because of the sensor of the Tello. So the drone was flying at the right side of the bottom then the drone crashed at the Pedestal, and fell into the SEA. So I Immediately jump and looked for the drone where it crashed but I think I stepped the drone on my foot I immediately grab the drone but it still On. the propellers are still spinning. So I immediately pull the battery so it will turn off, but here's the thing, when I leave the drone for dry the waters in it, I was so getting nervous so I turn the drone and still the propellers are still spinning. It was the huge mistake by my Brother and Me. 2 weeks later I charge the drone and it cannot turn on or it cannot light the indicators. I saw your comments at this forum, What I did is I pull the battery and Turn on the drone with no Battery and Put the Battery on it while I hold the Power Button so it Turn on Just a minutes and It can fly, so I leave the drone charging after couple of minutes I Click the power button and cannot turn on, I also try the method but It not turn on also. I also try all the methods in the internet like Hold the power button upon insert the cable, Leave the drone charge and Hold the power button while charging, and etc.
SO GUYS PLS HELP ME TO FIX THIS DRONE...
P.S. I IRATELY TRY ALL THE METHODS ON THIS DRONE AND DID NOTHING
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules