Inspire 2 TB50 Battery Cell Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick_ingram
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1678789 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have any advice please.

I have just charged my TB50s for a flight tomorrow The Batts are less than 6 months old, (4 I think.) they have only been charged 12 times. I am looking at the battery cells in the DJI go 4 app and they are all in the green no red lights at all, yet DJI Go 4 is telling me that there is a Battery Cell Error, and wont let me take off with these batteries. Any suggestions please

Many thanks,
Nick
2018-3-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like the batteries have been allowed to discharge too long ?  This can cause one or more cells to become out of balance with the others. Unfortunately the Intelligent battery ((battery management circuit)) cannot fix this.  At this point you can try discharging the batteries as low as possible 3-5% and recharge them until the battery hub shuts off.

The batteries are sealed inside the plastic case making it very difficult to use conventional battery charger / dischargers available to solve the issue.

I am currently working on one of the Inspire 2 batteries that is out of balance on cell #6. I will be making a video about this experience soon.

Rich

Link to Inspire 1 batteries

IMG_9680.jpg
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Nick. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. Do you want to try the beta and see if it works? Thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Diana,

I now have two sets of batteries that show no errors , yet put up a bad cell warning and won’t fly. This began during beta testing for cinecore 2.1, resolved by downgrading to previous  firmware, and then the problem returned once the official firmware came available. If there is a beta available that fixes this problem, I would be very much interested. Sincerely, Barry Goyette  
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-3-22 12:24
Hi Diana,

I now have two sets of batteries that show no errors , yet put up a bad cell warning and won’t fly. This began during beta testing for cinecore 2.1, resolved by downgrading to previous  firmware, and then the problem returned once the official firmware came available. If there is a beta available that fixes this problem, I would be very much interested. Sincerely, Barry Goyette

If you would like to try it, I will PM you the process and details. Please reply us as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-23
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-23 01:53
If you would like to try it, I will PM you the process and details. Please reply us as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

Please do. I'm already in the beta system if that helps..
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-3-23 07:53
Please do. I'm already in the beta system if that helps..

Please reply us your DJI Account first so we can add it in your DJI Assistant 2. You can reply me in the PM.
2018-3-25
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

When the Beta is installed the firmware cannot be rolled back to a previous version. So if it doesn't work and all your batteries are affected. The I2 is grounded ... Unless you buy new batteries ... which may also be affected by the same issue.
2018-4-2
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

I had a similar problem. I think it has something to do with the built-in discharge function of the batteries and it is discharging some cells more than others. If this happens to me again my whole kit is up for sale. I have already bought batteries to replace cell error ones and I am not doing it again!
2018-4-5
Use props
Justy77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I heard this is a know fault and a firmware update is to be released. Having suffered this problem i'm eagerly awaiting this to happen. 2 Batteries that have been charged 3 times absolutely useless at the moment. This us really frustrating when trying to run a business. Seriously considering binning all my DJI products. I've had 2 major faults the last few weeks, no way to run a business.

2018-4-16
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.  My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:  https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
nick_ingram
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1678789 ft
United Kingdom

Wow! I put this post up a while ago and look how many responses. Others with a similar problem to me. I am now on my third set of batteries with cell issues. All out of Warranty. but with only 100 odd recharges on them. I know that they are different types of batteries but my ground level kit I have batteries with 1000 recharges on them that are still going strong. I certainly don't consider these batteries to be "intelligent" at all. I also consider them to be very bad value for money. I would have to admit that if it wasn't for the considerable capital investment that I have in this kit, I would be considering trading it in. I have also had issues with the Zenmuse X5s cameras as well. Please could I have a response from DJI if they will admit that there is a problem with the TB50 batteries, considering that there are so many threads about this?
I am about to go and buy another 3 sets of these batteries at £1000 GBP. Does DJI really want to be seen as the company that profits from selling poorly made faulty kit?
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules