Prop question
475 12 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

How often do you, or have you had to replace your props? I am at 1 hr 50  mins flight time, 10, 742 feet and still on my originals, I have one  spare set, but just wondering if I should order some more any time soon

Thanks                                                
2018-3-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I'm still on my originals...except one...from last July...over 300 flights I would guess.  I have no idea what kind of fatigue the props suffer.  Good question.  I do travel a lot so I have probably 10 spare props...you fly through a tree or land in tall grass and I imagine you could go thru all four in one event...hasn't happened to me yet but I'm a good Boy Scout; always prepared!!!
2018-3-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I also have a LOT of flight time on my Spark... I've replaced 2 of the props so far but I've hit multiple objects and had a very bad crash.  I've also replaced the body shell.

I wouldn't be replacing anything on the spark unless it's broken.  They give you the extra blades because they know you're going to eventually hit something.  Save them for that.
2018-3-20
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Still using the original prop no issues never had a crash. It depends on how you take care of your drone.  I bought an extra in any case I hope not  for accident purpose the props may get damaged.
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI officially state every 200 flights (unless you crash).
2018-3-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-20 14:21
DJI officially state every 200 flights (unless you crash).

Good to know...I will probably change mine out and keep the old ones for an emergency...
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s exactly what I do!
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For Spark propellers, we suggest changing it every year, however, it also depends on the practical use and situation. Change it if necessary.
2018-3-21
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Well, I flew my drone really slowly in a bush, which caused minor damage. I replaced, it!

2018-3-21
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I will replace my props if they show damage.  The plastic props on my model airplanes have never been replaced as far as I can remember.  I fly on grass fields and a horse field with divots from them running.  Props have to fight through all that on every take off so the tips are pretty beat up.  Good point for planes is that losing a prop just means you have to glide back to a landing.  Drones losing a prop also land.  

Do drone pilots check tracking on the blades?  Maybe, on the bigger drones?  I remember it was a big deal with RC helicopters to make sure both blades cut the same path through the air.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Definitely replace them once they have many scuffs and scratches on the underside of the props
2018-3-21
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

I've only had to replace my propellers if I had a bad accident, which happened once. It is always better to have extra props on hand.
2018-3-21
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

I am planning to change mine in a year of flying, or whenever I bump into something or crash. I believe that storing the props properly with prolong its life
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules