New camera connection
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

Hello,

I have a P3S and it recently crashed. The camera completely broke off and was ruined so I got a new camera on ebay (a used one). When I got it all installed and set up on the drone I went to fly and try it out but the app just said: Remote controller connected... connect your aircraft, so when I went into camera view there was no image transmission and it said gimble disconnected. I could not get it to connect and I even tried deleting the app, reinstalling it and then doing the connection sequence again. Also I can move the camera up and down with the remote, so the remote and camera are connecting. Also I can fly the drone around with gps positioning and stabilizing. So I was wondering if you have to do some sort of special connection sequence when you get a new camera. Please tell me what you think!

Sincerely, Droner500.
2018-3-20
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

In theory there should be no special connection sequence at all. It will either work or it wont no matter what sequence you used
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to re-seat the pins on the side of the gimbal, the link RC again to see whether it helps.
2018-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It may be a silly question, but was the new camera one from a P3 Standard? The P3S camera has the micro SD card slot in the camera itself. Does it record photos or video to the SD card?

2018-3-20
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-20 21:05
It may be a silly question, but was the new camera one from a P3 Standard? The P3S camera has the micro SD card slot in the camera itself. Does it record photos or video to the SD card?

Yes, it was from a P3S. That is the drone I have. I havent been able to take any photos with the new (already used) one yet and the micro sd card is on the camera itself.
2018-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Droner500 Posted at 2018-3-20 21:27
Yes, it was from a P3S. That is the drone I have. I havent been able to take any photos with the new (already used) one yet and the micro sd card is on the camera itself.

It might be worth try to take a photo just to see if at least rthat part is working.
2018-3-20
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 19:34
Please try to re-seat the pins on the side of the gimbal, the link RC again to see whether it helps.

What pins? The phantom 3 standard camera doesn't have cable pins.
2018-3-21
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-20 21:57
It might be worth try to take a photo just to see if at least rthat part is working.

I will definitely try that. Also if I accidentally connected the wires to the camera wrong could that have caused this problem, and if it did then how could the remote still move the gimbal up and down?
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Droner500 Posted at 2018-3-21 21:55
I will definitely try that. Also if I accidentally connected the wires to the camera wrong could that have caused this problem, and if it did then how could the remote still move the gimbal up and down?

If you made the wrong connections, then certainly that could cause the problem.
2018-3-22
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-22 00:20
If you made the wrong connections, then certainly that could cause the problem.

Then I will check and make sure I put them in right.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules