Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile 2 video will not work
4566 14 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

My OSMO Mobile 2 arrived yesterday.  I set it up and it all works just as expected, except it will not record video.  When the video button is pushed it starts to record, the phone makes a little noise, and it stops recording. There is a 'blank' video captured, and if I try to play this DJI GO freezes up with a black screen, and I have to restart the app.  This is with an iPhone 7+, with up to date software.

I went online with DJI chat today.  The chat person directed me to the firmware uopdate video, actually for OSMO Mobile, using DJI Assistant 2, not a firmware update video for OSMO Mobile 2.  Later I did locate the firmware update video for OSMO Mobile 2.  It just says DJI GO will indicate if an update is available, and to do it with the phone.  I had already done that when first setting up the OSMO Mobile 2, and it has not indicated a firmware update is required since then.

I have tried all the video modes, unsuccesfully.  It does work in the slow motion mode, although it does not control exposure properly.  When the video fails, the zoom function fails and DJI GO needs to be shut down and restarted for this to work again.

So a question, has anyone else seen a problem like this?  Any suggestions for a solution?  Any suggestions for when I contact DJI chat tomorow?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there, so sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Could you please check the current firmware version of the Osmo mobile 2 and the DJI GO app? If all the firmware have been updated to the latest one, you can try to change a mobile device to check whether if it is ok. Please let us know the update, thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
fans5937924b
lvl.3
Germany

Hi all, I'm facing the same problem. It seems to be a Bluetooth-problem of the DJI Go app. If other Bluetooth connections are active, like hearing aids, video does not work. Disable these connections and everything runs smoothly so far. After some testing I found out, if you connect the iPhone ear pods, or any other, video is working as well. You can use a small, simple 3.5mm plug w/o cable or a small adapter (3.5 to 2.5). The phone seems to be reasonably balanced. Data: Mobile2 FW-Vers. 2.10.20, DJI Go app v.3.1.28 (2861), IOS 11.2.6, Oticon On app 1.8.0 (Hearing Aid). Similar behavior was already reported in Apple App-Store for the DJI GO. So still waiting for an update of the DJI Go app. AND an updated FilmicPro :-). Hope this helps
2018-3-21
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

fans5937924b Posted at 2018-3-21 03:10
Hi all, I'm facing the same problem. It seems to be a Bluetooth-problem of the DJI Go app. If other Bluetooth connections are active, like hearing aids, video does not work. Disable these connections and everything runs smoothly so far. After some testing I found out, if you connect the iPhone ear pods, or any other, video is working as well. You can use a small, simple 3.5mm plug w/o cable or a small adapter (3.5 to 2.5). The phone seems to be reasonably balanced. Data: Mobile2 FW-Vers. 2.10.20, DJI Go app v.3.1.28 (2861), IOS 11.2.6, Oticon On app 1.8.0 (Hearing Aid). Similar behavior was already reported in Apple App-Store for the DJI GO. So still waiting for an update of the DJI Go app. AND an updated FilmicPro :-). Hope this helps

That was it.  If I turn off my iPhone Oticon bluetooth hearing aids the video works fine with my OSMO Mobile 2.  Thanks for tracking this down, and responding.  Hopefully DJI will fix this in firmware, for the thousands that use iPhone based bluetooth hearing devices.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU Posted at 2018-3-21 06:44
That was it.  If I turn off my iPhone Oticon bluetooth hearing aids the video works fine with my OSMO Mobile 2.  Thanks for tracking this down, and responding.  Hopefully DJI will fix this in firmware, for the thousands that use iPhone based bluetooth hearing devices.

Thanks for the update. The situation will be forwarded. Can you shoot a video with the situation for further check?
2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 01:49
Thanks for the update. The situation will be forwarded. Can you shoot a video with the situation for further check?

Yes, I shot several videos, and it works okay.  This is with the bluetooth hearing aids turned off.  When they are turned back on the OSMO Mobile 2 again will not record video.  So I believe the bug is confirmed.
2018-3-22
Use props
fans5937924b
lvl.3

Hi all, some more details about this bug. OSMO Mobile 2 = on, DJI Go app = active and connected, hearing aids = BT on, then no chance to start video. You will find a GREY video preview field and if you try to run that video the iPhone screen goes BLACK, as djiuser_xxx described in the initial post. But, if you connect your Apple EarPods, which can be used as camera trigger, video works fine. I found out, that any Headphones plugged in will "disable" the bug. A last test was done with a simple 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter plug. This plug is rather thin and light, so the phone keeps reasonably balanced in the OSMO Mobile 2.
Now your hearing aids are connected as before (BT = on) and video shooting works. By the way, if the OSMO Mobile 2 is OFF and the DJI Go app is active and in "camera mode", you can reproduce the bug. So, for me, the problems points to the DJI Go app. Which was already mentioned in Apple App-Store (Germany) September 2017 - Resound Hearing Aids. Happy video shootings
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5937924b Posted at 2018-3-22 12:27
Hi all, some more details about this bug. OSMO Mobile 2 = on, DJI Go app = active and connected, hearing aids = BT on, then no chance to start video. You will find a GREY video preview field and if you try to run that video the iPhone screen goes BLACK, as djiuser_xxx described in the initial post. But, if you connect your Apple EarPods, which can be used as camera trigger, video works fine. I found out, that any Headphones plugged in will "disable" the bug. A last test was done with a simple 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter plug. This plug is rather thin and light, so the phone keeps reasonably balanced in the OSMO Mobile 2.
Now your hearing aids are connected as before (BT = on) and video shooting works. By the way, if the OSMO Mobile 2 is OFF and the DJI Go app is active and in "camera mode", you can reproduce the bug. So, for me, the problems points to the DJI Go app. Which was already mentioned in Apple App-Store (Germany) September 2017 - Resound Hearing Aids. Happy video shootings

Thanks for your update. The situation will be forwarded.
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-26 03:33
Thanks for your update. The situation will be forwarded.

DJI GO version 3.1.38 just released seems to fix the issue.  I can now shoot iPhone video while my iPhone compatible blue tooth hearing aids are turned on.  Before this combination would not allow video.
2018-5-24
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

When I turn off my hearing aids, video is recorded. Is this a Osmo firmware issue or DJI Go issue?
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_dm6EgriyZG4b
New

Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-20 23:39
Hi, there, so sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Could you please check the current firmware version of the Osmo mobile 2 and the DJI GO app? If all the firmware have been updated to the latest one, you can try to change a mobile device to check whether if it is ok. Please let us know the update, thanks!

hello I have the same problem the firmware of my osmo mobile 2 is up to date and I also tried reinstalling the app can the problem is from the gimbal or not?
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. May I know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2019-7-13
Use props
Alwyn Jordaan
New

Namibia

Hi i have a osmo 2 and when i stop recording my screen turn green with no picture and when i press record again the picture appears and it record again.
Why does my screen turn green
2019-8-3
Use props
dozoclown
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-20 23:39
Hi, there, so sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Could you please check the current firmware version of the Osmo mobile 2 and the DJI GO app? If all the firmware have been updated to the latest one, you can try to change a mobile device to check whether if it is ok. Please let us know the update, thanks!

I have the same problem I have to turn my Resound hearing aids off (bluetooth) What firmware level solves the problem?
2020-1-10
Use props
Suncruiser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77195 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my Resound hearing aids.  Is there a fix yet (2 years later)? If so how does one update the version?  I plug in and log in to DJI in the DJI Assistant and it does nothing.
2020-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules