Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi Users a Question
1526 16 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Any Litchi users experience this before? 1st shot is the advanced planning of a misssion I need to do (looks fine), 2nd shot is a shot of the exported KML into Google Earth, this shows the flight path off center and tight to the west side of the POI, when planning the mission I did notice that the dome & entire structure was slanted just a little like when you scroll into street view. The 3rd shot is directly from Google Earth (not Exported from Litchi), I can get dead center and directly above ther POI. Seems like Litchi Map does not allow for tilting and/or straightning of the map image to get dead center -90° of the POI. I have an email into Litchi support, just thought someone might have an answer to this while waiting. I use Litchi all the time and this is the first time I have experienced this.

2018-3-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plot your points on the 2D basic map view first, then switch to the satellite view.  The basic 2D map view is straight down & eliminates the angled view you get when the satellite imagery is not from directly overhead.
2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Failed Litchi missions make the top 5 for crashes...
2018-3-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 04:00
Plot your points on the 2D basic map view first, then switch to the satellite view.  The basic 2D map view is straight down & eliminates the angled view you get when the satellite imagery is not from directly overhead.

Thanks DB, good advice. Just got a response from Litchi

2018-3-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 04:00
Plot your points on the 2D basic map view first, then switch to the satellite view.  The basic 2D map view is straight down & eliminates the angled view you get when the satellite imagery is not from directly overhead.

Just tried your suggestion take a look ?

Satellite Image with POI

Same image in MAP Format POI has moved does the same visa/versa

2018-3-21
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 04:04

What the F where you get that information from????
2018-3-21
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-21 04:14

Satellite Image with POI

Good Question and good answer seen here, i will certainly apply that next time i use a mission planned flight. Should be careful as you are flying over a federal Building.  Fly Safe!
2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-21 05:47
What the F where you get that information from????

Sar104 on Mavic pilots was asked what was the most common crashes he has analysed. Failed Litchi missions was one.
2018-3-21
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 04:04

It must be based on your own experience !!!  We are many who fly missions with 50+ waypoints without making any accidents.

Regards Leif.
2018-3-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-21 04:14

Satellite Image with POI

Did you plot this on the standard map view placing the POI directly on the center of the dome while zoomed in?
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never used Litchi mainly because it's not supported by DJI? How does it work if you have a crash, problem, etc?
2018-3-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 13:45
Sar104 on Mavic pilots was asked what was the most common crashes he has analysed. Failed Litchi missions was one.

I probably have somewhere in the vicinity of 1000 advanced, long-range, Litchi missions.  The flight below alone contains 75 waypoints & has been run over 300 times with multiple aicraft ranging from all iterations & aircraft from the P3 series, P4 series, & Mavic series.  Litchi has proven itself extremely reliable with consistent results mission after mission.  Even if people were incurring increased crashes with Litchi (which I am not accepting as accurate), it would likely be due to them making errors in programming as opposed to the Litchi app itself.  Litchi is simply accessing the same SDK & functions already used by the Go app.

2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

I agree. I too have many Litchi missions under my belt and I have never crashed. I was simply passing on information that I had at hand.
I think you are probably right in that it would be a user programming error.

Edit: Sar104 did say bad planning. This is his quote when asked the most common problems: "Without trying to count them up I would guess: compass errors due to  takeoff location, pilots who don't know how to fly ATTI mode, high winds  preventing RTH, prop loss, battery disconnects, badly planned Litchi  missions."
2018-3-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 14:14
Did you plot this on the standard map view placing the POI directly on the center of the dome while zoomed in?

Yup, did it on the 2D and when I switched to 3D in Mission Hub it moves the POI, this is the first time I have run into this after many, many Litchi flights as well.

Just tried it again

Photo 1 2D Map - Looks Good

Photo 1A 3D Map - POI has shifted slightly

Photo 1B Exported KML to Google Earth - Looks pretty good, I think it has a lot to do with the satellite imagery and position at the time it was taken? Going to extract KML and double check every mission from now on just to be safe.

2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

That looks a lot better than the first one you posted Quadkid. Have you tried Namirda's Virtual Litchi mission?
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/virtual-litchi-mission.31109/
2018-3-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 20:39
That looks a lot better than the first one you posted Quadkid. Have you tried Namirda's Virtual Litchi mission?
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/virtual-litchi-mission.31109/

Now that is a great pre-plan tool, Thank you very much for that, very helpful!
2018-3-22
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Australia

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-22 02:44
So watch what you are saying, or tell us how you come to such info.

Hai Sensei...
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules