Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Definition photos
1361 38 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

I do not know if  it's Mavic Air's problem but the photos have no definition, I have a  spark and the photos are much better, this and disappointed.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Daniel, could you be more specific about your main problem? Please kindly upload some samples for better assistance if applicable. Thanks in advance!
2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Mavic air

2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Dji Spark

2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I think mate you need to be taking the same photo with the same settings, at the same subject. Those two photos are way apart in dynamic range.
Do you take your Spark to the mountain top too??
2018-3-21
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

Daniel, i agree... the jpeg from the spark is more vivid, more sharp and on-par in comparison to the air... (and the higher noise on the MA.) hope an update will fix this.  (they should)
2018-3-21
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

Daniel, i agree... the jpeg from the spark is more vivid, more sharp and on-par in comparison to the air... (and the higher noise on the MA.) hope an update will fix this.  (they should)
2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

After reading several forums I see that there are more people who have the same problem, I think it is a question of updating.
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-21 03:25
After reading several forums I see that there are more people who have the same problem, I think it is a question of updating.

I have noticed too that the Spark does more processing automatically while with the MA footage manual post processing is needed. I did a very quick fix only to your picture. Have a look:

MA pic org-1.jpg
2018-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MA has a lot more settings you can tweak.
Make sure you dial them in to your preferences
2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Photo spark

2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Photo spark

2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

These photos are taken with spark, fix if we expand on the definition of people.
2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

I do not know if it's my Mavic Air's problem or it's an update problem but I'm not happy with the drone.
2018-3-21
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

You can also visit this website and see how the photos do not have a good definition.
https://www.tomstechtime.com/mavicair
2018-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-21 06:04
You can also visit this website and see how the photos do not have a good definition.

What settings are you shooting in?
(picture profile)
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-21 06:04

Please check if the lens is clean, and try to reset the camera settings. If it is in the same situation, could you please upload the original pictures from the drone to Dropbox as well as the camera settings? I will help to manage a further check.
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-22 00:04
Please check if the lens is clean, and try to reset the camera settings. If it is in the same situation, could you please upload the original pictures from the drone to Dropbox as well as the camera settings? I will help to manage a further check.

The lens is clean, I have reset the camera and it remains the same
2018-3-22
Use props
zwt100
lvl.2

I have the same issue, uploaded my photos to a drop box and never really got a response. I’ve since learned how to adjust the settings and shoot in HDR which helps but I still think there’s something wrong when my old Spark produces better imagine quality out of the box of ban the newer, more expensive Air. I realize post processing helps but I still think I should be able to get a nice looking jpeg without having to use Lightroom. Unfortunately that is not the case.
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

zwt100 Posted at 2018-3-22 06:45
I have the same issue, uploaded my photos to a drop box and never really got a response. I’ve since learned how to adjust the settings and shoot in HDR which helps but I still think there’s something wrong when my old Spark produces better imagine quality out of the box of ban the newer, more expensive Air. I realize post processing helps but I still think I should be able to get a nice looking jpeg without having to use Lightroom. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Thank you for answering me, I have read in more forums the same problem, at least I know that it is not my drom problem, I hope that they will soon update and solve it.
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

This morning I made a photo from my window with the fixed drone and then a 4k video from which I took a still picture, you can appreciate the difference.
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-22 09:53
Thank you for answering me, I have read in more forums the same problem, at least I know that it is not my drom problem, I hope that they will soon update and solve it.

This morning I made a photo from my window with the fixed drone and then a 4k video from which I took a still picture, you can appreciate the difference.
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-22 09:53

2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Sorry I do not know what happened
2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Photo 4K

2018-3-22
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

photo taken video 4k

2018-3-22
Use props
Jose Navarrete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295502 ft
Chile

I took this photo with my MA in raw format, I processed it in Photoshop but I don't see it very clear, or maybe I'm too demanding.
2018-3-23
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

Jose Navarrete Posted at 2018-3-23 12:09
[view_image]
I took this photo with my MA in raw format, I processed it in Photoshop but I don't see it very clear, or maybe I'm too demanding.

No es que seas muy exigente, es que en foto el mavic air deja mucho que desear, el spark tiene mucha mas definicion y los colores mejores, yo estoy fustrado con la compra, espero sea todo problema de actualizacion, cuan compre el spark de los primeros en españa las fotos no las hacia en 4k y luego lo solucionaron, a esperar.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-22 23:09
This morning I made a photo from my window with the fixed drone and then a 4k video from which I took a still picture, you can appreciate the difference.[view_image][view_image]

Terribly sorry for the late reply. Could you please upload the original pictures from Mavic Air to Dropbox and paste the link here? I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
DANIEL10
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-29 04:25
Terribly sorry for the late reply. Could you please upload the original pictures from Mavic Air to Dropbox and paste the link here? I would like to have our engineers to check. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qdkdg ... ALu0mQZvXqJsTa?dl=0
2018-3-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

A word of advice.  You should save the files in RAW that way you will get the best dynamic colors.  There are many tutorials out there that show the best settings you should be using for the Air.  
2018-3-29
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

With them being in jpg the color range is only going to be so much so only so many adjustments can be made.  Is why you really want to shoot in D-Log and Raw.  This will look flat straight from the camera HOWEVER you get the best dynamic range of colors and detail and post edit really shows this.  Did what I could to them.  All seem to be out of focus as well.  Did you set a focus point?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7j1fs ... InSagVqzguXfja?dl=0

2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DANIEL10 Posted at 2018-3-29 08:36
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qdkdg2zue052m9f/AACEsUkcSadALu0mQZvXqJsTa?dl=0

Appreciate your info. Please allow a little time for my confirming with the engineers. Thank you.
2018-3-30
Use props
SamCox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134888 ft
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-21 03:39
I have noticed too that the Spark does more processing automatically while with the MA footage manual post processing is needed. I did a very quick fix only to your picture. Have a look:

Hi Wachtberger just wondering which program you used to do a quick fix on this photo? Thanks
2018-3-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

SamCox Posted at 2018-3-30 18:47
Hi Wachtberger just wondering which program you used to do a quick fix on this photo? Thanks

Cyberlink Photo Director. The current version I have bought, but initially I got it for free when I first bought Power Director for video editing years ago.
2018-3-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-30 22:22
Cyberlink Photo Director. The current version I have bought, but initially I got it for free when I first bought Power Director for video editing years ago.

I don't know about features of Cyberlink Photo Director.
I have been using Adobe Lightroom for sometime.  One feature I find that is really valuable.

You make adjustments to one picture of a string of pictures taken in same lighting conditions.
You can then copy and apply those adjustments to entire string of pictures.

Best real-life example I can give.
A family member took a multi day bus tour.  Taking numerous pictures through blue tinted bus windows.  The originals were terrible.

Took some looking but I found a couple of pictures where there were pure-white signs.  Corrected those pictures, averaged the settings of those pictures, then applied averages to one picture of about 250.
Copied those settings, and applied settings to all 250.  
From there made minor tweaks as needed.
Immensely better pictures.
2018-3-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 02:26
I think mate you need to be taking the same photo with the same settings, at the same subject. Those two photos are way apart in dynamic range.
Do you take your Spark to the mountain top too??
[view_image]

As Simmo1 said, to do any comparison - need to take pictures with with both Mavic Air and Spark at same time, same place, same angle, etc.  with all images being stored in Raw format.

Be best to take pictures of couple different things, that have high contrast areas, vibrant colors, and some detailed patterns that can be looked at.
2018-3-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-30 23:03
I don't know about features of Cyberlink Photo Director.
I have been using Adobe Lightroom for sometime.  One feature I find that is really valuable.

Yes, Photo Director has that option too.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, got the news from the engineers. Please refer to what they said below.
The image looks a little soft, but may not be a problem. If you prefer sharper image, maybe you can try adjusting the sharpness level at APP-Image Style.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules