Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Item missing from MAVIC PRO PLATINUM FLY MORE COMBO
1088 20 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

Hi Folks,

I am writing this in the hope that one of the admins sees it and picks up to resolve my situation.
So a few weeks ago a friend of mine was in Hong Kong and bought me a DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly more combo from a Fortress store there.
When I opened up the DJI box I read the "What's included" section and was checking that everything was included in the box.

To my astonishment the cable that connects the controller to an iPhone was missing.  I emailed DJI support and they said that my drone is not covered under international warranty.

I claimed that this is not a matter of warranty it is a matter of an item that the manufacturer says is included in the purchase price is not actually included.  It is not a warranty issue but rather an issue of misrepresentation.  My requests are falling on deaf ears.

Is there anyone from DJI reading this that can help ?
I can supply all details e.g. serial numbers, photos of receipt etc. on request

Regards
Panos
2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

What? All this effort of registering and posting, for a $5 cable? If a battery was missing, fair enough..... Plus if you go through that packaging, right up the top, hidden away, you will , to your astonishment. find the cable...
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 05:21
What? All this effort of registering and posting, for a $5 cable? If a battery was missing, fair enough..... Plus if you go through that packaging, right up the top, hidden away, you will , to your astonishment. find the cable...

Well frankly I detect a bit of irony in your post.  It is the principle of the thing.  The box says the cable is included and it is not $5 or not.

I did go through the entire box and could not find the cable!
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

Well frankly I detect a bit of irony in your post.  It is the principle of the thing.  The box says the cable is included and it is not $5 or not.

2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

2018-3-21
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

You detect correctly Sir, but carry on....
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-21 05:25
You detect correctly Sir, but carry on....

I just wish I had you in front me rather than you being a keyboard warrior Sir with nothing better to do than mocking.  Don't you have anything better to do in your life?  Clearly not.

Move on if you don't have anything useful to contribute you miserable T@AT
2018-3-21
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
United States

pboletis, I have a MPP but don't ever expect to own an iphone so would be happy to send you mine, no charge.  I'm a Canadian but currently on vacation in Florida for a month but if you still require one when I get back I'd be happy to send you mine.
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

Far_North Posted at 2018-3-21 05:56
pboletis, I have a MPP but don't ever expect to own an iphone so would be happy to send you mine, no charge.  I'm a Canadian but currently on vacation in Florida for a month but if you still require one when I get back I'd be happy to send you mine.

Thank you kindly Far_North - I do appreciate your offer but it would be uneconomical to send a tiny little cable to the UK.  
Let's see what the DJI support people do if they pick up on this post...

Again thank you for your offer, much oblidged
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may be somewhat obvious and you've probably already checked but you are aware that the lightning cable for your iPhone is already in the remote controller when shipped. Did the RC not have a cable in it when you unboxed it?
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-3-21 06:20
This may be somewhat obvious and you've probably already checked but you are aware that the lightning cable for your iPhone is already in the remote controller when shipped. Did the RC not have a cable in it when you unboxed it?

Oh yes it did but it was not for an iPhone but another type.  There should be 3 in total.  I received the 2 non-phone ones, one of which was connected to the controller
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pboletis Posted at 2018-3-21 06:27
Oh yes it did but it was not for an iPhone but another type.  There should be 3 in total.  I received the 2 non-phone ones, one of which was connected to the controller

So to be clear - you should have a micro USB to type C, lightning and micro USB RC leads. The type C and micro USB (for Android phones) should be in separate bags and the lightning lead already in the RC. Plus a 500mm USB to Micro USB cable for charging the RC and connecting it and the drone to a computer to use Assistant 2 etc.
So you have an android lead in the RC, another android lead and no lightning lead in the entire package?
If that is the case it would be very hard for you to prove that the lead was missing and given that the drone was purchased in another country (voiding any UK warranty) it is highly unlikely that they will just send you one. The lightning cable is £18 in the UK from DJI resellers but any USB to lightning cable can be used. As unfortunate as that is for you I think you will be wasting a lot of time getting nowhere with this one.
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

A CW Posted at 2018-3-21 06:39
So to be clear - you should have a micro USB to type C, lightning and micro USB RC leads. The type C and micro USB (for Android phones) should be in separate bags and the lightning lead already in the RC. Plus a 500mm USB to Micro USB cable for charging the RC and connecting it and the drone to a computer to use Assistant 2 etc.
So you have an android lead in the RC, another android lead and no lightning lead in the entire package?
If that is the case it would be very hard for you to prove that the lead was missing and given that the drone was purchased in another country (voiding any UK warranty) it is highly unlikely that they will just send you one. The lightning cable is £18 in the UK from DJI resellers but any USB to lightning cable can be used. As unfortunate as that is for you I think you will be wasting a lot of time getting nowhere with this one.

Thank you - Yes i have no lightning cable and it was the Android cable that was connected to the controller.

You might be right about wasting my time however DJI is a global company and I expect global service.  On at least 4 occasions over the last 10 years I had issues with Apple products and some were even out of warranty.  In one occasion I was in the States and no questions asked they replaced the item.

If DJI want to be considered on the same par they should take heed of great companies like Apple.
I am still hoping that one of the DJI support people are listening
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well you never know - fingers crossed for you.
2018-3-21
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Far_North Posted at 2018-3-21 05:56
pboletis, I have a MPP but don't ever expect to own an iphone so would be happy to send you mine, no charge.  I'm a Canadian but currently on vacation in Florida for a month but if you still require one when I get back I'd be happy to send you mine.

Kudos to you! We need more people like you!

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Panos, I'm sorry to read your post. Could you tell us your ticket number? I'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2018-3-21
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 22:34
Hey Panos, I'm sorry to read your post. Could you tell us your ticket number? I'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.

Hi Susan,

Excellent to see that you are monitoring. The ticket number is 1028011

Hoping for a resolution.

Regards
Panos
2018-3-22
Use props
ForceRecon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 165331 ft
United States

My lightning  cable was installed in the RC when I got my flymore package. The other cables were hidden in a zippered pocket on the inside of the flymore combo bag.  Check every pocket in the bag!
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pboletis Posted at 2018-3-22 02:30
Hi Susan,

Excellent to see that you are monitoring. The ticket number is 1028011

Received with thanks! I've forwarded this to the right team to see whether there are any better solutions or suggestions. They will review your case and contact you soon. Hope we can figure this out timely.
2018-3-22
Use props
pboletis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 20:08
Received with thanks! I've forwarded this to the right team to see whether there are any better solutions or suggestions. They will review your case and contact you soon. Hope we can figure this out timely.

Thank you for your help Susan - Much appreciated
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

pboletis Posted at 2018-3-28 10:02
Thank you for your help Susan - Much appreciated

You are welcome, it is our great honor to help you, I saw the case has been sorted out, please let us know if there is any further issue, we'd like to help. Hope you enjoy flying.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules