Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return home
1259 8 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ortiza23
lvl.1
Switzerland

Drone unable to return home, I was capturing footage of a castle that was about 100 yards away from me as I was panning around the building I intermittently received a warning-Loss connection I glanced at battery life about 60% , I had just purchased the drone less than a month ago so like most newbies I didn't feel comfortable flying my drone after a warning of that importance (ohh sht $800). So as I'm turning the aircraft around to fly back, another out of range failure fault only this time for brief few seconds the screen freeze, as the feedback returned and the low battery warning comes on, I'm thinking this is strange I just had more than half battery life (the warning is set to the factory default ), at this point my heart starts to pound and I just want the aircraft back in my hands so I select the return home button, I can see the aircraft going up and ready to return home, the screen freezes then goes black again I'm looking up hoping to see the drone, about a minute or two later feedback returns I can see the aircraft is descending but is nowhere near where it's original launched location another warning aircraft unable to land (it's trying to land on water) I quickly exit the land command and I take over switched the drone to sport mode as its low in battery I start to climb again the screen goes black and the drone is never to be seen again. I tried to contact DJI not to get a free replacement but to see if they would work with me on the purchase of new drone, after all I have battery's controller props charger that are less than a month old."we can't help you our product is too new for discounts " Not bashing DJI products the few images I was able to capture are really good, I just think that as a leading company they could do a better job at taking care of their customers. Be ware they don't work well with their customers

2018-3-21
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try posting your logs at the following site and then post the resulting URL here.  Maybe someone in the group here can help you identify something that will help you with your discussion with DJI to help get a replacement.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-3-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Was drone a Mavic Air?

For what it is worth.  Sorry to hear about your drone's demise.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ortiza, I am so sorry for the unfortunate case that happened to you. May I know how did you contact our support? Please also provide me with your contact info, I will forward your case to the proper team.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Ortiza, still waiting for your reply. Please keep us updated at your convenience.
2018-3-26
Use props
Ortiza23
lvl.1
United States

I was in Switzerland so I did it trough live chat
2018-3-27
Use props
Ortiza23
lvl.1
United States

Ortiza23 Posted at 2018-3-27 12:03
I was in Switzerland so I did it trough live chat

I contacted them trough live chat. I would appreciate if someone did contact me. R6653
2018-3-27
Use props
Ortiza23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-26 18:21
Hi Ortiza, still waiting for your reply. Please keep us updated at your convenience.

Live chat, contact info= r6653
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ortiza23 Posted at 2018-3-27 12:06
I contacted them trough live chat. I would appreciate if someone did contact me.

Thank you very much, I will forward your case to the proper team to check and confirm. And regarding the safety concern, I had deleted your email address above.
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules