Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro, connection between phone and RC
775 13 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8O8jEnvRTbGL
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

I have received my Mavic Pro 2 weeks ago, and for the first week everything worked fine, but now for an unknown reason I started to have connection issues between the RC and my phone.

Let me first state what works:
The connection between RC and drone is completely fine. I can start the motors, fly around and take pictures.

What does not work is the connection between RC and phone; or rather, it works very sporadically. Sometimes, when I plug in the phone, the indicator in the app remains grey, sometimes it flickers between green and grey, and sometimes, after between 30 and 40 tries, it establishes a proper connection, and I can use the phone during flight (with video feed and everything). Once there is a proper connection, everything works and I have not had issues during flight.

I have tried 3 different cables: the one that came with the drone that goes into the side of the RC, the generic USB-to-Micro-USB cable that came with the charger, and my own charger cable. All have the same effect - for unknown reasons, the connection fails, until after the umpteenth time, it doesn't.
I have also tried connection my phone to my computer and other devices, all of which work, so it is not the port in my phone. All of this leads me to suspect that it's a software issue?

Has anyone had similar issues, or does anyone have an idea how to remedy that situation, since it is obviously quite impractical.

Kindest regards
2018-3-21
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

maybe your cell phone is not compatible. what phone you have?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

What kind of phone are you using?

The MicroUSB port on your phone may have weak contact
2018-3-21
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, what kind of phone do you have? And have you tried using the bottom USB?
2018-3-21
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5. I have tried using the bottom USB, as stated in the original post.

As also stated in the original post, I have eliminated the phone port as a possible error source by testing it with other equipment. Everything worked fine previously, then without any change that I am aware of it switched to the current situation of making contact only very occasionally, after a lot of un- and replugging.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, really sorry to hear about the issue, could you please let us know the model of your mobile device? Have you tried to connect the mobile device to the aircraft directly, without the remote controller, does it work? Thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

Thank you for getting back to me.
As stated previously, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5.
If by connecting the phone directly to the aircraft, you mean through WiFi, I just did that. Works without a problem; I was able to launch the aircraft, fly and take pictures.
2018-3-22
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

I just discovered that you can update the firmware through the Assistant 2 app for computers; so I did just that for both the drone and the RC – both are now on the most current version. This did unfortunately not solve the connection issue between phone and RC.
2018-3-22
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Does the connection issue happen as soon as you plug in the phone into the RC and turn on the AC or are you at least able to have a bit of flight time? If you have some flight time, are there any error messages? Did you check the flight logs?
2018-3-22
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

I am not turning on the AC at all. The issue is purely between phone and RC (the app has distinct states: "RC connected" for only the RC and "Connected" for RC and AC).

There are no error messages at any point, and as stated previously, the flying itself is not affected. The RC connects to the drone, I am able to start the rotors, fly around and take pictures with no problem. All I am missing is the connection to the phone, which would give me a live video feed and all the flight modes accessed through the app.
2018-3-22
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

I am afraid you have a damage port on your phone.
2018-3-22
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

After testing with a different phone (iPhone) I am afraid it might indeed be my phone port (which is strange, since I can connect to my computer and modify files on my phone with no problem). Oh well. Thanks everyone for the advice.
2018-3-22
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like this has been an issue before:

1.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-85577-1-1.html
2. https://forum.dji.com/thread-94608-1-1.html

Some on MavicPilots forum as well.  There was some mention of and I am quoting from the Number 2 forum thread, "n the TOP menu did you first "scan QR code" ?

Does the "enter device" comes blue, or does it stays black ?
Does the "disconnected" at the left switches or stays "disconnected" ?"
2018-3-22
Use props
cetequ
lvl.1
Germany

"Enter Device" stays black indeed.
"Disconnected" switches or flickers.

Thank you very much for the linked threads. They provided, not a solution, but a workaround. The issue seems to be centered on the Samsung Galaxy A5, 2015 and 2016 models.
I have been able to reliably get a connection with both the included long USB cable (that goes in the bottom of the RC) and the other one that goes in the side of RC, using the following method.

Turn on RC and AC. Then, SWITCH OFF YOUR PHONE, plug it in, and only then switch it back on. When the phone has fully booted, the DJI Go 4 app should launch automatically, with an already established connection.

As such, it is indeed NOT an issue with my phone port, as suspected.

Thanks everybody for the help!
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules