Facebook Live - External Audio - Works sometimes.
627 3 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Byers Video
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30906 ft
United States

Greetings all.

We have been working on making our company live videos be a little more professional. I guess the next step would be to find a different device other than the Osmo to do such a thing.

We have tested this scenario many times before going live on our event.

We have 4 mics connected wirelessly to a Zoom H6N. the line out is connected to the mobile device (iphone 6) with a trrs adaptor. the iphone is connected to the osmo and we connect to a facebook account to test the connection.  It works!!!  the sound comes from the 4 mics through the H6n into the iphone, to the facebook live feed.

We tested it 3 times before we went live.

When we did go live, the audience said there was no sound, so we had to unplug everything to use the mic from the iphone, which we did not want to do, but we had sound.

WHY? Why did it not work after testing it and it did work?

TWO things we did not test that we did do differently were:
1) the iphone charge cable was plugged in.
2) I pressed the record button on the H6n.

Why would any of those two things make it not work?

AAHHHH, but wait. when we were done with the event, we shut everything down, powered up, and tested it with the scenario we had. 4 mics connected to the H6n, line out to the iphone, connected to the osmo connected to the facebook live, with the power cord in the iphone and the recording buttin pressed on the h6n.  IT WORKED! We had audio.

What gives? any idea?

I know we need to find a different device other than the osmo, but what device would that be?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sounds like you had an issue with internet access. When I use Facebook live, the mic for me was on the iPhone 6 I use. Was Facebook Live tested afterwards or just going through the App?
2018-3-21
Use props
Byers Video
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30906 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-21 11:02
Sounds like you had an issue with internet access. When I use Facebook live, the mic for me was on the iPhone 6 I use. Was Facebook Live tested afterwards or just going through the App?

we tested 3 times before going live on a facebook account that is less active and we tested it again after the event on the same account we went live on. and before and after worked, during, it did not. we had to unplug the trrs cable from the phone to get audio from the phone mic.
2018-3-21
Use props
TC-London
lvl.1

Hi Mark,
What mic did you use in your setup please? I presume you plugged it into the phone?

Every time we try to use Facebook Live and our Rode mic as soon as we click ‘go live’ we lose all sound, including the sound bar on the mobile screen.

Many thanks.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules