Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Offline maps help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJR8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I have a brand new P4 Advanced PLUS (+) I'm an experienced drone pilot but when I tried to tether my aircraft to my cell phone, I get a 2.4 transmission interference error...Now I know what this is but is there a fix ?? Remember this is a PLUS model with the built in screen..DJI tech support was useless.   I never had a problem tethering my other drones..
Is downloading google maps the answer ?? I did download my state's maps when I got home but here's where I'm lost or just never had to use offline mapping before..
Will the screen show my position and record the flight paths on the offline map like it does when I'm connected to WIFI ???  Thanks..

2018-3-21
Use props
Timinator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Use the offline maps feature and you'll be golden. Don't have my RC handy but I don't think it was that hard to find.
2018-3-21
Use props
RJR8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

Timinator Posted at 2018-3-21 10:31
Use the offline maps feature and you'll be golden. Don't have my RC handy but I don't think it was that hard to find.

Thanks for the reply, so it will show the flight paths etc..I'm in a remote area of Arizona and since I can't tether this new drone because it only has 2.4g operation..
I'm worried as If I go down in remote areas will I be able to track it down  ?
2018-3-21
Use props
Timinator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It will give you the same streetmap (but not satellite) so you should be able to follow it.  If there are no roads, it becomes more difficult.  My suggestion is to always keep it line of sight.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it is recommended to cache the map in advance when you can access the Internet. Please tap the FPV map, zoom in and zoom out to cache the place where you want to go.
2018-3-21
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 23:54
Hi there, it is recommended to cache the map in advance when you can access the Internet. Please tap the FPV map, zoom in and zoom out to cache the place where you want to go.

May i guess that you don't have much experience with the plus(+) controllers?

I would think even this is a Advanced and not the Pro the procedure is almost the same, you would need to download the maps needed beforehand when planning your flight.

Map download on +RC

Map download on +RC

But of cause if you're on the latest version and the controller is having one of it's days off and won't show the Map Management link, you're out of luck ...

Map Management missing on +RC

Map Management missing on +RC

After a few restarts the icon was back from vacation, but issues like this make it hard for unexperienced users.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-22 22:48
May i guess that you don't have much experience with the plus(+) controllers?

I would think even this is a Advanced and not the Pro the procedure is almost the same, you would need to download the maps needed beforehand when planning your flight.

Thanks for heading up. I'm checking the current status with our engineers and will come back later.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules