Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New MA firmware released. V01.00.0300
12Next >
3609 40 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MennoH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

FYI, new FW released. i'm currently downloading. i did not see any release notes update on the DJI firmware pdf... they push the firmware out first?

anyway, some problems are fixed:

incresead decent speed to 3m/s when flying forward
5.8ghz in thailand
issue fixed for drifting gimbal
issue fixed for shaking in active track
added messages if failure to take pano's or astroid quickshot
RC link issue fixed
when apas enabled pano's would not alway's work: fixed
battery update fix
video lag fix when changing settings
ghosting photo's fixed
decelerate auto when landing fix

2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thank you.
4.2.8 also in App Store for iOS .

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-3-21
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Captain
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

thanks for the update!
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I had no issues before the FW update, go figure I do now,  " image transmission signal is too weak please adjust the antenna"
2018-3-21
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated and flew 2 batteries, no issues.
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-21 11:22
Well I had no issues before the FW update, go figure I do now,  " image transmission signal is too weak please adjust the antenna"

Were you flying in airplane mode.
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No airplane mode was off
2018-3-21
Use props
Yordan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 903783 ft
Bulgaria

the installation went well.Now let's see how it is in flight
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just tried it on Ipad mini 4 no issues working like a dream so the samsung was the issue.
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just uninstalled app on the S5-S6-S7 and reinstalled Go4 and all is as it was, working fine. Little glitch solved
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great news for many, thank you very much for sharing! Apparently DJI forgot the announcement or we will find it during the night to come. Time zones are always an issue in a global community. And do I understand correctly that it includes an update for the batteries as well?
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Now I can confirm that this is a major update involving MA and all batteries. Everything went very smooth with DJI Assistant and I recommend doing it that way. The amount of data to be transferred seems to be considerable.
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-21 13:56
Now I can confirm that this is a major update involving MA and all batteries. Everything went very smooth with DJI Assistant and I recommend doing it that way. The amount of data to be transferred seems to be considerable.

I updated 4 new batteries using the app and no issues, took a little time, but nothing on the television so I got to watch a progress bar instead
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-21 14:06
I updated 4 new batteries using the app and no issues, took a little time, but nothing on the television so I got to watch a progress bar instead

I did only two of the four tonight, rest will follow tomorrow. Have to get to bed now after a long working night yesterday to help my son for something important at school. Got to sleep at 3 am this morning... ;-)
2018-3-21
Use props
boverhultz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54354 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 10:18
Thank you.
4.2.8 also in App Store for iOS .

Will the app update itself or do I have to remove and re-install?
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

boverhultz Posted at 2018-3-21 17:27
Will the app update itself or do I have to remove and re-install?

This is a firmware update when you turn on aircraft it will ask you to update. There is a separate app update as well if you have automatic updates on you phone/tablet it will already be updated, if not just go to app updates and click update, no need to delete anything.
2018-3-21
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just got back home from flying, saw the update, all 3 batteries with the assistant - no issues.
Let's see next time in the field;))
2018-3-21
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Updated and took it out for a test flight. No new problems found, but couldn't see any improvements either. The radio range and video transmission are still CRAP!!!
2018-3-21
Use props
jay-kay
New
Flight distance : 2562 ft
South Africa

Quick one; how do you update each battery separately via DJI Assistant 2? I assume you just insert each battery into the MA separately and power on each time and connect. Thanks.
2018-3-21
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

jay-kay Posted at 2018-3-21 20:13
Quick one; how do you update each battery separately via DJI Assistant 2? I assume you just insert each battery into the MA separately and power on each time and connect. Thanks.

Yes, that's exactly how it should be done.
2018-3-21
Use props
jay-kay
New
Flight distance : 2562 ft
South Africa

Thanks bud. Cheers!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, MennoH, thank you so much for sharing the information. For more details about the new firmware, please check:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
Thanks.
2018-3-21
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-21 18:54
Updated and took it out for a test flight. No new problems found, but couldn't see any improvements either. The radio range and video transmission are still CRAP!!!

Finally tried flying the Air with the phone in aeroplane mode for 2 flights; on the new firmware and IOS app. Didn't work for me at all! The video is lagging worse than before, and the poor thing  went into RTH at only 300m away, 100m high.
2018-3-22
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I just updated the MA's firmware and flew it a bit, not too far.  Everything appeared fine.

But I noticed now that my DJI Go 4 App is still 4.2.6 -- do I need to update that as well?  Am I at peril if I don't?

2018-3-23
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-21 13:56

Wachberger,Can you walk me through the procedure of updating the firmware on multiple MA batteries?  I like to update with DJI Assistant 2 (seems more stable) and was wondering after I update the aircraft, how do I update the extra batteries?  Do I finish the update on the AC and then swap out the battery and replace it with a 2nd battery and then go through the whole updating procedure for the AC?  I’ve mostly done battery firmware updates on with my P3P which is a much different firmware update procedure.
2018-3-23
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Tomsbird Posted at 2018-3-23 13:22
Wachberger,Can you walk me through the procedure of updating the firmware on multiple MA batteries?  I like to update with DJI Assistant 2 (seems more stable) and was wondering after I update the aircraft, how do I update the extra batteries?  Do I finish the update on the AC and then swap out the battery and replace it with a 2nd battery and then go through the whole updating procedure for the AC?  I’ve mostly done battery firmware updates on with my P3P which is a much different firmware update procedure.

The batteries should automatically update when you install them into the AC for the first time after the update. No need to Refresh the AC Firmware.
2018-3-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Tomsbird Posted at 2018-3-23 13:22
Wachberger,Can you walk me through the procedure of updating the firmware on multiple MA batteries?  I like to update with DJI Assistant 2 (seems more stable) and was wondering after I update the aircraft, how do I update the extra batteries?  Do I finish the update on the AC and then swap out the battery and replace it with a 2nd battery and then go through the whole updating procedure for the AC?  I’ve mostly done battery firmware updates on with my P3P which is a much different firmware update procedure.

Very easy with DJI Assistant: Once you are through with the AC and the first battery, you switch off AC, swap batterey, turn on again and will get inconsistency message from DJI Assistant. Press "Confirm" and update will run smoothly. Same procedure with all other batteries. And then you are done :-)
2018-3-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-23 13:27
The batteries should automatically update when you install them into the AC for the first time after the update. No need to Refresh the AC Firmware.

Of course no need to refresh firmware update for AC! But I did not understand the question that way, I understood it only asking on how to proceed with the other batteries. But I also believe that AC alone will not update the other batteries, you have to do it manually for each of them is my understanding at least.
2018-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-23 13:27

Not sure I understand that.
As Wachtberger notes, each battery must be done independently.  You do a full update via Ass2 and on completion go back to the Ass2 firmware screen, power down craft, swap battery,  and power back on. You then get an inconsistent firmware" message, so you refresh the firmware. This time goes much faster, as it knows it just needs to update the battery. Then repeat for other batteries.
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-21 18:54

You either have a problem, or you are flying in an area of high interference, or maybe your set up is not right.
2018-3-23
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-23 13:36
Of course no need to refresh firmware update for AC! But I did not understand the question that way, I understood it only asking on how to proceed with the other batteries. But I also believe that AC alone will not update the other batteries, you have to do it manually for each of them is my understanding at least.

If it is like the rest of the DJI drones, once I complete and update, and I use the App via WiFi to do it, it updates the AC/RC & battery at the same time. after an update I have never been prompted to update a battery in my P3P, P4P & MP and I have many batteries, I am assuming the AC or App updates the battery installed if required. Now I can't speak for the MA as I use the CS mainly because Litchi does not support the MA at this time and the new FW update for the CS is not available as well and have not updated it.
2018-3-23
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-23 14:22
No sure I understand that.
As Wachtberger notes, each battery must be done independently.  You do a full update via Ass2, on completion and back on Ass2 firmware screen, power down craft, swap battery,  and power back on. You then get an inconsistent firmware" message, and you refresh the firmware. This time goes much faster, as it knows it just needs to update the battery. Then repeat for other batteries.

Thank you, this was the info I was looking for.  I wasn't sure if the 2nd battery had to be but back in the AC to be updated but I guess it does.  Thanks.  Sorry I wasn't clearer with my question.
2018-3-23
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-23 14:25
You either have a problem, or you are flying in an area of high interference, or maybe your set up is not right.

Yes, I'm convinced that it has a lot to do with the location that I'm flying at. Did a few more flights today, and I'm definitely getting the impression that the video lag is worse than the previous firmware. I even tried flying with the iphone in aeroplane mode, as many people have suggested, even though I couldn't see the logic behind it. The problem is the connection between the remote and the drone.
2018-3-23
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Just done the update with my MA and four batteries all went well I'm pleased to say...
Connected up the MA, controller and the iPhone and wanted to check the wi-fi and can now see for the first time 5G which I have never seen before and I was connected to that.

Miserable weather and to much work for a flight so that will have to wait...

I did notice in Device manager there is still that error (!) with Vision interface though....
2018-3-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-3-24 06:13
Just done the update with my MA and four batteries all went well I'm pleased to say...
Connected up the MA, controller and the iPhone and wanted to check the wi-fi and can now see for the first time 5G which I have never seen before and I was connected to that.

Yeah, that driver is still unsigned. I really wish DJI would sort that - it's been the case since early GO v4.1.x

I still have to boot my Win10 PC with "disable driver signature enforcement" EVERY TIME prior to doing a VPS calibration via Ass2. Ass2 otherwise won't commence the calibration process.
2018-3-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.3
Singapore

I just got my Mavic , tried 6 time update Failure for V01.00.0300
Pls help
2019-1-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

mnliew Posted at 1-24 22:10
I just got my Mavic , tried 6 time update Failure for V01.00.0300
Pls help

I would recommend updating on a computer with the assistant software and an ethernet connection. Whenever I had issues with updates its usually because of packet drops in the download, or at least suspected ones.

Hope this helps.
2019-1-24
Use props
WBY
New
Flight distance : 971 ft
Australia

I updated the Mavic 2 Pro aircraft with V01.00.03.00 using Assistant 2. However, I have tried to update the controller many times but it never completes properly. It goes all the way through the update of the controller to 100% complete, and a message in the bottom left corner that says it has been updated. However, when I go BACK to the Firmware Update status table it shows the current version still as V01.00.0200 and the button to UPGRADE to V01.00.0300. Help please.
2019-1-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.3
Singapore

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-24 23:58
I would recommend updating on a computer with the assistant software and an ethernet connection. Whenever I had issues with updates its usually because of packet drops in the download, or at least suspected ones.

Hope this helps.

I try that using the DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac the update was completed but once I attach my phone it ask for Firmware update again and I plug it back into the laptop and it say firmware V0.000.000
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huh. Thats odd. In that case I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to confirm that the firmware is updated. Otherwise, you will have to reset your aircraft to factory settings. I have never had this happen but one of these two things should fix your aircraft. Another question I had, Are you turning off your aircraft and rc and shutting down DJI go4 when a update fails? This could possibly corrupt some data if you do not do so, or at least thats how I have had it happen before.
2019-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules