Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
By Design No Case on Phone with DJI Osmo Mobile 2?
9768 16 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Jayjack
lvl.1
United States

Is it by design that I can't seem to use my iphone 6s Plus with a case on it, in the DJI Osmo Mobile 2?  It won't hold the phone level.  Droops like a sad puppy.
2018-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is not advised to keep the phone (any phone) in a case while using the Osmo Mobile.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think using case is too heavy for the gimbal and may cause damage. Please use phone only and balance it before turn on . Thanks for your support.
2018-3-22
Use props
Aaron Jayjack
lvl.1

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 01:18
I think using case is too heavy for the gimbal and may cause damage. Please use phone only and balance it before turn on . Thanks for your support.

Yeah seems too heavy.  Might try a really thin streamlined case.  I just can't do no case for most situations.  How well does the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 handle rain?  I'm a storm chaser and sometimes things get wet.
2018-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aaron Jayjack Posted at 2018-3-22 05:48
Yeah seems too heavy.  Might try a really thin streamlined case.  I just can't do no case for most situations.  How well does the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 handle rain?  I'm a storm chaser and sometimes things get wet.

Depending on your phone, that might already be pretty water proof already.
Not so sure about the Osmo Mobile.

But it probably can survive a little
2018-3-22
Use props
Aaron Jayjack
lvl.1

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-22 13:05
Depending on your phone, that might already be pretty water proof already.
Not so sure about the Osmo Mobile.

Yeah my phone has proven to be able to take some rain.  I'm more concerned about the Osmo Mobile 2. I'm guessing that thing is not sealed up very well.
2018-3-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aaron Jayjack Posted at 2018-3-23 06:04
Yeah my phone has proven to be able to take some rain.  I'm more concerned about the Osmo Mobile 2. I'm guessing that thing is not sealed up very well.

Most gaps have some overlap, but I would not leave it in the pouring rain for some time.
2018-3-23
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I've got a Spigen case on my iphone 8, it does fit in the holder, but its a bit risky, might use my old iphone 6s to film with
2018-3-23
Use props
Aaron Jayjack
lvl.1

jksphoto Posted at 2018-3-23 08:07
I've got a Spigen case on my iphone 8, it does fit in the holder, but its a bit risky, might use my old iphone 6s to film with

Cool.  I actually ordered the other day and have it arriving today, a Spigen as well.  This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had an otterbox but it is too heavy and falling apart anyways.
2018-3-23
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

That's a different one to mine, but looks a lot better.

I have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-3-23
Use props
Aaron Jayjack
lvl.1

jksphoto Posted at 2018-3-23 08:12
That's a different one to mine, but looks a lot better.

I have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07482KWMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool.  Yeah I was trying to find the most minimal case I could find and that's what I chose.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I see. Your requirement is forwarded. But our product is not waterproof, please keep osmo mobile away from water. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-28
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206276 ft
United States

So will smaller iPhones like the iPhone X and 4.7" iPhone 8 work with a otterbox case?   I would think the iPhone X with case weighs the same, or even less, than the iPhone 8 Plus models.  So if they built it to work with the big Plus models it must have a little wiggle room in regards to the smaller iPhones.
Can someone test the smaller iphones with a otterbox defender case?   Having to take the phone out of the case for each use is a huge DEALbreaker.  I can't believe they didn't account for that by putting stronger motors in the device.
2018-4-1
Use props
fans810da0f4
New

Bolivia

My osmo mobile 2 tilts down when the phone is horizontal. Is this because i have the case on my iPhoneX?
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans810da0f4 Posted at 2018-5-22 17:13
My osmo mobile 2 tilts down when the phone is horizontal. Is this because i have the case on my iPhoneX?

It is not recommended to use the phone case when mounting the phone to Osmo Mobile 2 since the balance could be affected, please have a try without the case.
2018-5-22
Use props
HeavyDuty
lvl.1

fans810da0f4 Posted at 2018-5-22 17:13
My osmo mobile 2 tilts down when the phone is horizontal. Is this because i have the case on my iPhoneX?

Try shifting the phone and case up or down in the mount - the OM2’s spring loaded arms do not have to be evenly extended.
2018-5-23
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not meant for rain but you could faction some kind of loose plastic bag around everything except the camera. If the bag is loose it should still move freely without binding up.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules