Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mini 4 wifi and maps
563 8 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43862 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have always used android devices but I just got the mini 4 ipad due to all the great reveiws. I only got wifi as the cellular was 200.00 more and I read how it is no problem flying without gps on your tablet,....but I was following advice about cacheing my map area while home on wife, but my ipad just keeps saying that cannot find your location. Others have had the same problem and I am in a very rural area. I did cache the maps of where I want to fly and when I turn off the wifi on the ipad I can still pull that area up, but I was wondering about the fact that the ipad could never find me and would that mess up my maps when I go flying? Will the dji go app just find my cashed maps on the ipad after it is running and I click to call up my maps.   thanks again
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not 100% sure because I don’t find any real need for maps, but yes dji go app should pick up cached maps, remember you also have radar on your app in telemetry this is a much more reliable way of interpreting where homepoint is and direction aircraft is flying.

Maybe you should check what you wrote in your opening post it might need correcting.
“But I was following advice while cacheing my map area WHILE HOME ON WIFE, “ he he I’m sure this was a typo. Lol
2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 12:24
I’m not 100% sure because I don’t find any real need for maps, but yes dji go app should pick up cached maps, remember you also have radar on your app in telemetry this is a much more reliable way of interpreting where homepoint is and direction aircraft is flying.

Maybe you should check what you wrote in your opening post it might need correcting.

lol he can always blame it on predictive text but we know he didn't have maps on his mind
2018-3-21
Use props
twilloo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-21 12:33
lol he can always blame it on predictive text but we know he didn't have maps on his mind

Boy that has to be the mother of all typos, thank guys
2018-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

twilloo Posted at 2018-3-21 13:48
Boy that has to be the mother of all typos, thank guys

No problem got a good laugh out of that, thought maybe you had the drone on indoors and were trying to join the mile high club haha... lol
2018-3-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought you didn't need a running internet connection to have maps enabled on the DJI Go 4 app? I didn't use my SIM card and had maps working when I usually flew. I also disabled WiFi, Bluetooth, and put my phone into Airplane Mode and the maps option worked?
2018-3-21
Use props
twilloo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-21 13:52
No problem got a good laugh out of that, thought maybe you had the drone on indoors and were trying to join the mile high club haha... lol

ironically my wife is a retired Delta flight attendant, must have been a Freudian slip
2018-3-21
Use props
boverhultz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54354 ft
United States

I have the iPad mini 4 and I just use my wifi hot spot on my phone when I fly and the maps work just fine for me.
2018-3-21
Use props
twilloo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

boverhultz Posted at 2018-3-21 17:03
I have the iPad mini 4 and I just use my wifi hot spot on my phone when I fly and the maps work just fine for me.

thanks, I will probably do that
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules