Connection reliability
464 9 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
Spain

So getting the chance to use the drone more and more and finding that sometimes the connection reliability isn’t what I would expect.

Finding a lot of poor signal and no transmission signal warning messages.

Setup is

Spark

iPhoneX with a RTG cable

Any tips or advice would be greatly welcome!
2018-3-21
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Fly in areas with less interference.  Rural area is an ideal one. Try not to fly on urban areas with tall buildings and congested people and houses. Keep in mind that WIFI and Radio signals can affect the connection between you and the bird. Always fly safe
2018-3-21
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Spain

Latest flight was Benidorm beach right in front of all the hotels, restraints.

Probably lots of WiFi hotspots, neon lights etc etc
2018-3-21
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Usually Spark is fine as log as you fly away from urban areas. I haven’t experienced much trouble WiFi connection. But it has a limit on the range. If you are in EU your maximum range will be 500m for 2.4GHz and 300m for 5.8GHz. Is your WiFi setting is in auto mode ?
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rural areas with no obstructions between you and the drone.
2018-3-21
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

Obviously Rural areas and less interference would be the ideal situation but last year I find it quite interesting that even in a very dense and populated city Hong Kong i never had much problem losing/weak connection (using OTG) but now im losing connection practically at 50m altitude/distance, and this wasn't the case until i did a firmware update
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NedUK Posted at 2018-3-21 13:47
Latest flight was Benidorm beach right in front of all the hotels, restraints.

Probably lots of WiFi hotspots, neon lights etc etc

I would recommend you fly in recommended environment and ensure that no bluetooth devices around your spark.
flight environment.PNG
2018-3-21
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Spain

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-21 13:57
Usually Spark is fine as log as you fly away from urban areas. I haven’t experienced much trouble WiFi connection. But it has a limit on the range. If you are in EU your maximum range will be 500m for 2.4GHz and 300m for 5.8GHz. Is your WiFi setting is in auto mode ?

Ram-uk

Yeah it will be in auto I’m a bit of a new so any advice on the WiFi settings would be great
2018-3-22
Use props
Grant_Vorster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394514 ft
South Africa

Check Wifi network on you Dji go app to see if network is flooded with wifi signals.  If all channels are red is probably best not to fly there.
2018-3-22
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Spain

Grant_Vorster Posted at 2018-3-22 01:26
Check Wifi network on you Dji go app to see if network is flooded with wifi signals.  If all channels are red is probably best not to fly there.

I didn’t even know you could do this!

Every day is a school day at the moment
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules