Video transmission issues
1909 14 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSAI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

Hi All, using Mavic Pro (Updated frimware) and DJI Go4 app (updated adnroid). I started getting horrible picture/video transmission issues today.  It appeared that the screen had frozen, then I siwthed from video to camera and it clears.  However, it starts coming through delayed and unusable as I'm trying to take a picture.  I'm less than 100 feet from the drone and there are no obvious interferences (power lines, cell towers, etc.).  Any suggestions on how I can fix the issue?

I am using the USB wire from the base of the controller and have it connected to the micro USB of my Samsung G-Pad.  I have been using this setup for about 8 months and never had a problem.

2018-3-21
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Uninstall DJI GO 4 and reinstall it.  I had the same issue on all my Samsung's  
2018-3-21
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Try using a different phone or tablet install dji go  app try another location it may be due to location interferance
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, MSAI, listen to the floor 3#, please try a different mobile device, another location where the GPS is good and without magnetic interference, if there is any further issue, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help. Thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-21 13:37
Uninstall DJI GO 4 and reinstall it.  I had the same issue on all my Samsung's

Hi @M2Wair, I uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same issue.  No change.
2018-3-22
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

I have tried on my iPhone and same issue.  It worked fine before the last update.  Would it be a good idea to roll back the firmwware?
2018-3-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

MSAI Posted at 2018-3-22 09:35
I have tried on my iPhone and same issue.  It worked fine before the last update.  Would it be a good idea to roll back the firmwware?

The firmware 0100 seems to be the most stable on the pro so far. I suggest try to refresh your firmware on existing followed by a imu calibrate and gimble calibrate if that fails then try to roll back to 0100
2018-3-22
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-3-22 09:59
The firmware 0100 seems to be the most stable on the pro so far. I suggest try to refresh your firmware on existing followed by a imu calibrate and gimble calibrate if that fails then try to roll back to 0100

I just connect my Mavic pro to the DJI Assitant 2 app for MAC and it is unable to read my current firmware.  It only gives me the option to do a factory reset.  I selected the factory reset and it still doesn't see my firmware.
2018-3-22
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-21 20:57
Hi, MSAI, listen to the floor 3#, please try a different mobile device, another location where the GPS is good and without magnetic interference, if there is any further issue, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help. Thanks!

Location and interference have nothing to do with it.  I tried to fly in 2 different locations 30 miles apart.  Same issue.  I've tried different mobiles and cables.  Same issue.
2018-3-22
Use props
Tom Swope
lvl.2
United States

Had the same problem. Changed the video setting from 4K to 2.6 and it fixed it. Guess the Galaxie 5 won’t handle the 4K.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MSAI Posted at 2018-3-22 12:59
I just connect my Mavic pro to the DJI Assitant 2 app for MAC and it is unable to read my current firmware.  It only gives me the option to do a factory reset.  I selected the factory reset and it still doesn't see my firmware.

Hi, MSAI, so sorry for that case happened. Would you please provide us a photo? We'll look into it. If you are unable to update the firmware via the DJI assistant2: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... d-8689-998b2131f0fd, you can try it via the DJI GO4 app: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... c-ab1f-9cb132ff8dbf, thank you in advance!
2018-3-22
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

Tom Swope Posted at 2018-3-22 17:06
Had the same problem. Changed the video setting from 4K to 2.6 and it fixed it. Guess the Galaxie 5 won’t handle the 4K.

Hi Tom, I always operate in 2.6 and it did not change when I went to a lesser quality video.  Thanks anyway.
2018-3-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey msai - i have been struggling with the same problem since a year ago. having been through the dji check list many times and wasted more time doing that than anyone would believe, my problem persists. two areas that i think seems to induce the (my) problem is a.bright light/reflective situations (cloudy day and late afternoon flights have been consitently good) but when it is too bright even though i put on a nd 32 the images glitches begin again. b. i suspect the app programing has a role to play. i still do not understand the cause or the fix, sorry. perhpas check out if the brightness conditions seems to be a factor - if so maybe you can make better progress from that point than i have.
2018-3-23
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

2018-3-27
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2

Hi All, I just upgraded to an IPad mini and the problem was solved.  Guess they don't like older Android pads.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules