606 10 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
afataccioli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6506 ft
Australia

Hey there spark pilots!

Have any of you experienced when you turn your gimbal all the way down to 90 degrees the circle on the screen turns RED and then the gimbal becomes shakey when you move , but as soon as you go say 85 or bit less than 90 becomes normal circle go back to white ? andno shakey back to smooth footage?

or random messages of gimbal overload while flying ?

dr

dr

I know i should contact DJI i do have care refresh the thing is that im going on holiday next week and this just happened , is not a major issue but just wondering if its happening jsut to me or to every spark pilot out there!  
thanks in advance already!

2018-3-21
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

I have the same experience, but in my case. When I turn my gimbal all the way down, the transmission image on my phone becomes shaky for a 2 seconds. But when I checked the output video in SD card, the shake is not present. So I suspect it is just a transmission issue in my case.

I don't have any experience with gimbal overload message so far though
2018-3-21
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I was doing straight down video today and yawing in one big spin with no problems.
2018-3-21
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

This is normal. The dot always turns red, for it is just an indicator that tells you you are at the maximum angle.
The shaky video is present because while you are at a 90 degree bend, the gimbal is restricted to fine corrections. Therefore, it could bring shaky video.
Let me know if you have any more questions!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

That's normal: there is no physical yaw stabilization, only digital, which only compensates for yaw (left and right) stabilization. But when you point the gimbal all the way down, yaw movement of the drone translate to roll (rotational) movement on the camera sensor which isn't stabilized in any way.
2018-3-22
Use props
Grant_Vorster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394514 ft
South Africa

Totally normal just a warning
2018-3-22
Use props
afataccioli
lvl.1
Australia

thanks!!! peeps appreciate the responses!
2018-3-22
Use props
afataccioli
lvl.1
Australia

thanks to everyone! for the help . cuz dji support sucks! (nek minute account dissabled)  we need to help each other aye! thanks!
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current status? Do you still get the random messages of gimbal overload now? If yes, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
As for the shaky gimbal when 90 degrees, I've forwarded to our engineers to see whether there are better explanations. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-3-25
Use props
afataccioli
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-25 22:39
Sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current status? Do you still get the random messages of gimbal overload now? If yes, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
As for the shaky gimbal when 90 degrees, I've forwarded to our engineers to see whether there are better explanations. Thanks for your feedback.

ill try to refresh my firmware will upload a video so its a better explanation of what its happening thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

afataccioli Posted at 2018-3-26 22:01
ill try to refresh my firmware will upload a video so its a better explanation of what its happening thanks

Thanks so much. It would be better if you can upload the original videos in the SD card, flight logs and black box together for analysis. It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules