Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released (21/03/2018) Strongly Recommended
36923 161 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uTX1wVvovsol
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-22 10:54
In the above release notes for this firmware it says;  "Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward."

Question:  The current Mavic Air Specs read as follows:  URL:  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info

The key difference is 'Flying Forward'
2018-3-22
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-22 12:57
Fair enough - when it wouldn't work, i just fired up the phone app, but it didn't say there was any firmware update for the controller - said it was up-to-date (might have updated the previous day?).

Mine showed no update for controller also and when I checked in the app it shows the version same as in the beginning of this thread. Just updated the Air and Batteries. I also updated the go 4 app first.
2018-3-22
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Will my CS still works on this update ?  

Still no update on CS ..i check it 1 min ago.
2018-3-22
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

The is no change of RC firmware. Please read the Release Note. The firmware version is the same as Feb 9th release.
2018-3-22
Use props
Damian Shaheen
lvl.1

United States

When will waypoints be added back to rhw software?
2018-3-22
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Updated via ios Go 4 and tested just now. So far so good. 5.8G now usable in TH. 4 round trips no issue at all. Thank you.
2018-3-22
Use props
Zipzap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1138422 ft
South Africa

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-22 11:23
So i used the DJI Assistant 2 to update the AC, no problem. But whenever i try to update the controller, the app doesn't recognise that there's a controller plugged into the PC - the controller lights do their regular charging sequence, and the PC keeps dinging (with stuff coming up in Device Manager, then disappearing, then coming up again with each ding). So i think it's more a Windows 10 issue where it doesn't recognise the controller properly.

I tried updating via the DJI Go 4 app, and it said the FW was up to date. Fired up the AC, connected and flew fine, so i guess all is good. Can't see any way to easily check the controller firmware version though. Am i missing something?

I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM !!!
2018-3-22
Use props
fans8809e70b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80177 ft
Saudi Arabia

We've upgraded and noticed that the battery is decreasing.{: 4_161:}
Screenshot_b`ah`cbc-``ci`c.jpg
2018-3-22
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

Zipzap Posted at 2018-3-22 23:49
I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM !!!

Windows 10 doesn't recognize the RC connected with dji assistant..

You can update it using your phone tho. Also, there is apparently no new version for the RC!
2018-3-22
Use props
Zipzap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1138422 ft
South Africa

Hestia Posted at 2018-3-22 23:56
Windows 10 doesn't recognize the RC connected with dji assistant..

You can update it using your phone tho. Also, there is apparently no new version for the RC!

THANKS ! .... will step outside and gently test !
2018-3-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-22 12:57
Fair enough - when it wouldn't work, i just fired up the phone app, but it didn't say there was any firmware update for the controller - said it was up-to-date (might have updated the previous day?).

I think there was only FW for AC release FW for remote is still the same as before. You are not able to connect RC via usb to dji assistant as there is issue with drivers in DJI Assistant 2 so you could try to install older drivers found in thread in this forum for this issue or do update via DJI GO app in future if needed. Or simply wait till DJI will release new DJI assistant 2 with fixed drivers.
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-3-22 17:14
Will my CS still works on this update ?  

Still no update on CS ..i check it 1 min ago.

Yes it will..
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_1I5SZVaNL1IM
lvl.1
Italy

This firmware reduce flight time and add signal issue. Please fix!!!!!!
2018-3-23
Use props
A.P.J.
lvl.1
Japan

When can the Mavic air be compatible with the GS Pro?
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_1I5SZVaNL1IM
lvl.1
Italy

I wish to downgrade the firmware, my mavic air now have a lot of signal lost. How can I do that?
2018-3-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI:   For those using Apple iPhones.  The DJI GO4 App vs 4.2.8 was NOT available to me on the APP STORE until early this morning.  It wasn't their last night...so if looking you may have to check back on the APP Store from time-to-time to see when available in your geographic area.  I'm in USA (New Jersey) and I know others saw the update available sooner....again, based on geographic region you may not find it posted yet.  

Not sure about Android version for DJI GO 4 vs 4.2.8....not sure if people are starting to see it pop-up in the Google Play Store yet.  
2018-3-23
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

today updated to .300 + ios app .2.8 - so first impression (air was flying ok before update):
updated via USB/dji assistant
I have to confirm, battery drain is stronger = got less flighttime.  batt was after update at 90%, flight to 20% (25% did RTH). got 10min flighttime...ONLY. so a full batt 100>0% would give me like 14min??? ussualy I did same route, was getting 14-15min  from 100>20% and it was in way colder conditions (above 0, but cold)... today it's like 10deg. celcius.
also transmission range is IMHO way WAY! worse. @5.8 was getting small transmission cuts even on 100m...  which never happen before, and bigger lags (like 0,5sec screen freezes) on 200m+ range
so now recharging battery and going back to .200! maybe they fix some problems, but created other!
2018-3-23
Use props
Skuomno
lvl.1
Italy

KREMi Posted at 2018-3-23 07:43
today updated to .300 + ios app .2.8 - so first impression (air was flying ok before update):
updated via USB/dji assistant
I have to confirm, battery drain is stronger = got less flighttime.  batt was after update at 90%, flight to 20% (25% did RTH). got 10min flighttime...ONLY. so a full batt 100>0% would give me like 14min??? ussualy I did same route, was getting 14-15min  from 100>20% and it was in way colder conditions (above 0, but cold)... today it's like 10deg. celcius.

Exactly the same issue, I am downgradeing with Assistant 2
2018-3-23
Use props
ilvisivisi
New

Italy

updated AIR to version 300, RC to version 100, no battery update required by the DJIGO app. Panoramas do not work in Sport mode (appears to exit mode). Descent to 3m / s in Sport (should not increase?) By checking with the DJIGO app all the firmware is updated. Do I have the drone with some problem?
2018-3-23
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_80QhmguVKauA Posted at 2018-3-22 03:45
2.4.8 increase the gain of the sensors very much. Gets almost impossible use the Mavic Air in small locations if sensors are enabled.
Before 2.4.8 it was possible engage active tracking like spotlight and use it indoors, now impossible.
Now I have to bring home the drone flying sidelines, or manually turn off the sensors before landing, otherwise the sensor stops the drone no matter the speed. The increased sensor sensibility increase the power consummation shorting the fly time considerably.

Isn't that where you manually take control if indoors and show off your flying skills?
2018-3-23
Use props
James3342
lvl.3
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-23 07:08
FYI:   For those using Apple iPhones.  The DJI GO4 App vs 4.2.8 was NOT available to me on the APP STORE until early this morning.  It wasn't their last night...so if looking you may have to check back on the APP Store from time-to-time to see when available in your geographic area.  I'm in USA (New Jersey) and I know others saw the update available sooner....again, based on geographic region you may not find it posted yet.  

Not sure about Android version for DJI GO 4 vs 4.2.8....not sure if people are starting to see it pop-up in the Google Play Store yet.

How can you tell what version you have installed?  I think I am a version behind but I don't have the option to upgrade it.....
2018-3-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

James3342 Posted at 2018-3-23 09:46
How can you tell what version you have installed?  I think I am a version behind but I don't have the option to upgrade it.....

Within the DJI GO 4 App, go into GENERAL SETTINGS, Scroll all the way to the bottom, you see ABOUT, and from there you'll see all you software settings.  Make sure your connected to your Mavic Air..otherwise you just see the DJI GO 4 APP version and SAFE DATABASE versions only.

2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_NYX7JufhTG4p
New
Flight distance : 13 ft
United Arab Emirates

Bravo!!! Finally my RC linked with my Mavic Air after the upgrade
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_kZDZnt6VsTBG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40679 ft
United States

Please tell us when Waypoint functionality is coming to the Mavic Air. The product was originally advertised as having this feature.
2018-3-23
Use props
Hansd0n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 890397 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_80QhmguVKauA Posted at 2018-3-22 03:45
2.4.8 increase the gain of the sensors very much. Gets almost impossible use the Mavic Air in small locations if sensors are enabled.
Before 2.4.8 it was possible engage active tracking like spotlight and use it indoors, now impossible.
Now I have to bring home the drone flying sidelines, or manually turn off the sensors before landing, otherwise the sensor stops the drone no matter the speed. The increased sensor sensibility increase the power consummation shorting the fly time considerably.

So downgrade then using DJI Assistant 2 PC app.  Simples.
2018-3-23
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4

Mikem691 Posted at 2018-3-22 16:43
Mine showed no update for controller also and when I checked in the app it shows the version same as in the beginning of this thread. Just updated the Air and Batteries. I also updated the go 4 app first.

Just got back from testing and I have no issues. 1st flight went about 19 minutes with windy conditions and some sport flying. How ever I was not having any problems before the update. The timer did show no time at 1st but showed after about 30 seconds into the flight. I'm happy with this update.
2018-3-23
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

"Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference."
DJI, you guys should have a profile saver so it's easier to just load a profile after a firmware update.
Or is there one already and i don't know about it?
2018-3-23
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Updated as easy as can be with Dji assistant 2 on imac took 20 min for the quad and 3 min or so for the controller about the same for the additional battery. All went smoothly. had to reset the RTH and max altitude.
2018-3-23
Use props
Gustavo19
lvl.1

Mavic Air is really bad since no have OcuSync, Wi-Fi was the worst thing that you put it in this drone. You guys have do release a solution as soon as possible. Bad Image transmission.
2018-3-23
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

KREMi Posted at 2018-3-22 11:04
sorry, and how is this answer to his question (mine too) - is there a downgrade possibility or not?
we are asking about DG for that simple reason - we know some updates may $@#$@. But if we can roll back, that's not a problem. IF everyone will wait for other pilots to test new firmware at end of day only a very few will install it = still it won't give answer is it safe. If there is no such possibility I'll stick with my current (working ok) configuration.

Yes you can downgrade using Assistant 2
2018-3-23
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I updated today the MA's firmware and flew it a bit, not too far.  Everything appeared fine.

But I noticed now that my DJI Go 4 App is still 4.2.6 -- do I need to update that as well?  

Am I at peril if I don't?

2018-3-23
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-22 10:54
In the above release notes for this firmware it says;  "Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward."

Question:  The current Mavic Air Specs read as follows:  URL:  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info

I have noticed that there is this bumpy behavior descending with absolutely every drone that I have flown. This gets worse the faster you descend, but isn’t as bad if the drone is moving forward. Many of the speed limitations on DJI drones has to do with protecting the video quality. Maybe they are allowing a faster descent speed in p mode moving forward because it is smoother than when descending straight down.
2018-3-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-22 03:35
Yes Absolutely, It works just like an android phone but supposedly "Optimized" with a Andriod platform dedicated to DJI products and will allow for up to 20 3rd Party apps to be d.loaded onto it. Just seems DJI doesn't provide updates in a timely fashion for us CS users. Buy a dedicated DJI Monitor and be the last to enjoy any features or updates! Ticks me off!!!

This update is for the aircraft firmware and not the RC (still on v01.00.0100)  or the DJI Go4 app (4.2.4) installed on the CS, so I would use the DJI Assistant 2 to do the AC firmware upgrade.
The 4.2.8 upgrade for the DJI Go4 on the CS , will probable lag a month to 6 weeks based on the past roll out schedule

2018-3-23
Use props
AM0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

3 days have passed from the announcement and I still dont have DJIgo 4.2.8 update on Android?!
On iOS it was available right after announcement.
Was it pulled because of some bugs or is it a regional Play store problem?
Has anybody been able to update DJIgo on Android to 4.2.8?
2018-3-24
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

SebaF Posted at 2018-3-22 05:11
Are you sure about that? I thought it was a Continuous HomePoint adjustment

Yes, I'm sure. I've tested it, and its a 'static' reset, it doesn't follow you when you are on the move.
2018-3-24
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4

AM0 Posted at 2018-3-24 01:31
3 days have passed from the announcement and I still dont have DJIgo 4.2.8 update on Android?!
On iOS it was available right after announcement.
Was it pulled because of some bugs or is it a regional Play store problem?

Still 4.2.6 in the usa
2018-3-24
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-3-23 23:53
This update is for the aircraft firmware and not the RC (still on v01.00.0100)  or the DJI Go4 app (4.2.4) installed on the CS, so I would use the DJI Assistant 2 to do the AC firmware upgrade.
The 4.2.8 upgrade for the DJI Go4 on the CS , will probable lag a month to 6 weeks based on the past roll out schedule

From the Google Play page at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
===================

What's New
DJI GO 4 4.2.8 Release Note
Mavic Air:
- Footage will now be stored on an SD card by default when a card is inserted.
- General bug fixes and updated notifications.
Inspire 2
Added Output FPV function in HDMI Video Output mode.

Updated
March 23, 2018

===============

Is this required or even advised?  Doesn't seem like a very big deal?
2018-3-24
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Hyggen Aviator Posted at 2018-3-22 12:29
Just forget it - nobody is able to get the assistant software on Windows 10 to connect with the remote controller... It should update via the DJI Go 4 app though. (I updated the Air from the PC, without the remote turned on, and the update seemed to go well, but when starting up DJI Go 4 on my Android phone with the remote connected and the Air turned on, it said all firmware was up to date, so it seems that there isn't any update for the remote controller?!)

DJI hardware and Windows 10 computers have always been a mess - DJI are simply not able to make drivers that install without a lot of hassle, like restarting with advanced alternatives and disabling driver signature requirements. (I had to do that in order to get the assistant software talk to the Mavic Air, which now works, but connecting the remote to the computer causes an error warning in Windows 10 device manager for COM8.)

That's not strictly true as I just checked my controller and it showed up ok in the latest Assistant 2, though I did have awful problems before so just wondering if they fixed it in the latest update.
Windows 10
2018-3-24
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Suriname

Braking feels different with the update.
2018-3-24
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1609478 ft
Kuwait

fans8809e70b Posted at 2018-3-22 23:55
We've upgraded and noticed that the battery is decreasing.{: 4_161:}

Seems like many people are having this issue. I haven’t been able to get more than 17 minutes out of the air myself. But it seems like many people are talking about it.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules