I downgraded to .200 with no issues.

Thank you for confirmation
2018-3-26
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

So is it worth updating the FW on the air?  I am seeing so many conflicting reports... some say NO, some say YES.  Just wondering if its worth the troubles because honestly most of the stuff in this new FW really has no bearing on how I use the MA...

Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it automatically update the FW once you connect the drone to the app?  And lastly, I saw someone mentioning upgrading the FW on the Battery.  How is that accomplished?

Thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

MavicRich Posted at 2018-3-26 20:06
I downgraded to .200 with no issues.

Good to know it can be done, may I ask why you've downgraded?
2018-3-27
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Parisi2274 Posted at 2018-3-26 20:51
Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it automatically update the FW once you connect the drone to the app?  And lastly, I saw someone mentioning upgrading the FW on the Battery.  How is that accomplished?

You just power down your Air, replace the battery with the one you didn't update in the first time and start the update again with the DJII Assistant. Or you can do it via the App, you will get a warning that sounds like "firmware inconsistancy detected". Battery Update won't take as long as a complete one... but make sure you do it with all batteries you have.
2018-3-27
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-27 00:30
Good to know it can be done, may I ask why you've downgraded?

Yeh sure, I had read a number of issues where people had upgraded to .300 and they were getting shorter flight times and I also read about a number of fly aways. For me  .200 isn't broken and works well so I don't feel the need just yet. I'm sure I will update, just waiting for the Guinea pig phase to pass a bit!
2018-3-27
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

MavicRich Posted at 2018-3-27 04:01
Yeh sure, I had read a number of issues where people had upgraded to .300 and they were getting shorter flight times and I also read about a number of fly aways. For me  .200 isn't broken and works well so I don't feel the need just yet. I'm sure I will update, just waiting for the Guinea pig phase to pass a bit!

Thanks, Although deminishing flight times have pretty much been debunked (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141470&page=1#pid1272872)  I'm still a bit on the fence with the same concerns you have. Not in a hurry to update though.
2018-3-27
Use props
djiuser_GTmXJy8qXPv6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38048 ft
Germany

The New Firmware for the Android Phone is in German Language available.

Endlich ist die DJI Go App in deutscher Sprache erhältlich.
2018-3-27
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

The new firmware works just fine in my Mavic Air. No issues. Nope the flight time is the same. I did however recalibrate the IMU despite it not requesting it.
2018-3-28
Use props
Highcastle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522169 ft
United States

djiuser_80QhmguVKauA Posted at 2018-3-22 03:45
2.4.8 increase the gain of the sensors very much. Gets almost impossible use the Mavic Air in small locations if sensors are enabled.
Before 2.4.8 it was possible engage active tracking like spotlight and use it indoors, now impossible.
Now I have to bring home the drone flying sidelines, or manually turn off the sensors before landing, otherwise the sensor stops the drone no matter the speed. The increased sensor sensibility increase the power consummation shorting the fly time considerably.

Feel to share any form of firm proof or evidence of your claims of: 1) increased positioning sensor range and sensitivity 2) any form of logic as to how either of those could possibly affect battery life/flight time.

Andecdotes don’t count.

There’s zero chance anything you just said is related to the firmware update. Especially 2).

Spouting anecdotal incorrect information to try and dissuade them from updating is what causes people to crash their drones. Those updates fix critical issues in the software and you’d be an idiot not to keep it updated.
2018-3-28
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

Tool a while to do even though it was only 124MB but it is now done!
2018-3-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-3-28 10:51
Tool a while to do even though it was only 124MB but it is now done!

I thought I would weigh in on the .300 firmware conversation and say that it works as good as .200 did.  There is no measurable battery life degradation either.  Fly's exactly as expected and nothing out of the ordinary.  I don't see a reason for anyone to avoid the .300 updates.
2018-3-28
Use props
Dangerstaple
lvl.2
United States

I flew for this first time since this update today.  The only thing that seemed off was that it felt slow in normal flight mode.  The max speed in normal was about 15mph - I don't recall what it may have been in the past but it felt slow.  I thought maybe it was due to the sensors because I was working my way down a long tree covered road.  But when I got to a clearing I sent her up and went full right stick forward and was maxed at 15mph.  

I did not dig into every setting (I was on a quick picture taking mission) but I know I did not have to re-enter my RTH height and it was not in beginner mode.  Sport mode was 40+mph as it has been.

Any tips or similar experiences?
2018-3-28
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Parisi2274 Posted at 2018-3-26 20:51
So is it worth updating the FW on the air?  I am seeing so many conflicting reports... some say NO, some say YES.  Just wondering if its worth the troubles because honestly most of the stuff in this new FW really has no bearing on how I use the MA...

Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it automatically update the FW once you connect the drone to the app?  And lastly, I saw someone mentioning upgrading the FW on the Battery.  How is that accomplished?

I'll pile on and also say that I updated and experienced no issues.

The rear sensors are definitely more sensitive -- but as a new flyer, more sensitivity in obstacle avoidance is only a good thing.  I always stand behind the drone on take-off, so I now need to take one step to the side.
2018-3-29
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI community for letting me know to run the update with all my batteries.  I never knew this needed to be done.  You guys rock.
2018-3-29
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-22 10:13
Just took my Mavic Air out today for a little Post-Nor'Easter winter storm here in the Northeastern USA (New Jersey).  Received the prompt their's a new firmware update available so of course checking out the forum here to see how this new update is looking for folks.   Not hearing any issues with the iPhone (latest version Apple IOS 11.2.6) so i guess I'll update this evening.  Appears to have some good fixes within this update.

DJI....one suggestion.  It's regarding your DJI Firmware Update Videos.  I would strongly encourage you to INCLUDE a reference in the video to update all your intelligent batteries.  I think most folks have more than 1 battery.  I think you could avoid a lot of confusion on this topic if you add to future videos.  I always mention in my tutorial YouTube videos but I'm sure it would help folks a little newer to the community.

I saw your video on youtube....thanks for the pointer.  Subscribed .
2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

JSKCKNIT Posted at 2018-3-29 16:38
I saw your video on youtube....thanks for the pointer.  Subscribed .

Great!  Thanks for subscribing....
2018-3-29
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
United States

Hey all.

So today was the first day that I was able to use my drone since upgrading the FW and I am not sure if it was just windy out or if this is a byproduct of the FW update, but when I had my drone up in the air it was very shaky... the alt kept bouncing around going up a foot, down a foot, up and down... it was not staying at a specific alt.  Last week when I was at a Soccer game for my niece and I had the drone up, it stayed at the perfect altitude and never moved, not even when the wind picked up.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Not sure if perhaps it was interference with whatever is on the roof of my building, or even the amount of wifi coming out of it, but it just seemed odd.....
2018-3-30
Use props
wjkrysak
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll weigh in. I updated firmware and additional batteries with no problem in download. 8 flights, MA remains predictable, with no noticeable changes. Knock on wood.
2018-3-30
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

and make sure all batteries are updated..
2018-3-30
Use props
totalitarian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Not really noticed any side effects to the update. Drone stability and battery life seem unaffected.
2018-3-31
Use props
Marsofearth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89829 ft
Canada

Highcastle Posted at 2018-3-28 09:15
Feel to share any form of firm proof or evidence of your claims of: 1) increased positioning sensor range and sensitivity 2) any form of logic as to how either of those could possibly affect battery life/flight time.

Andecdotes don’t count.

I also had to do a downgrade. I did a pretty thorough troubleshooting of all sensors and complete recalibration of all sensors. My personal Mavic Air was not safe to fly on the latest firmware. Downgrading to the previous version cleared up issues.
2018-4-1
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

Still can't download spherical Panos directly from the app - will this be fixed anytime soon?
2018-4-1
Use props
Marsofearth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89829 ft
Canada

Parisi2274 Posted at 2018-3-30 11:47
Hey all.

So today was the first day that I was able to use my drone since upgrading the FW and I am not sure if it was just windy out or if this is a byproduct of the FW update, but when I had my drone up in the air it was very shaky... the alt kept bouncing around going up a foot, down a foot, up and down... it was not staying at a specific alt.  Last week when I was at a Soccer game for my niece and I had the drone up, it stayed at the perfect altitude and never moved, not even when the wind picked up.

Yes I had the same experience with my Mavic Air. Very jittery and looking unstable in flight.  In addition flying straight forward my drone would strafe left or right also. When hovering my drone would start to drift. Not cm’s of drift but meters. I ran through exhaustive tests recalibration IMU many times, recalibration sensors many times , refreshed firmware update. Interestingly, my logs showed my drone hovering perfectly and moving in straight vectors which it was not. Thought it may be gps error but tried in a few different locations with good 15sat lock+. The only solution that worked was downgrading firmware. Not sure what the aberration is caused by. You are not alone, just in the minority with me and a few others.
2018-4-1
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
United States

Marsofearth Posted at 2018-4-1 11:33
Yes I had the same experience with my Mavic Air. Very jittery and looking unstable in flight.  In addition flying straight forward my drone would strafe left or right also. When hovering my drone would start to drift. Not cm’s of drift but meters. I ran through exhaustive tests recalibration IMU many times, recalibration sensors many times , refreshed firmware update. Interestingly, my logs showed my drone hovering perfectly and moving in straight vectors which it was not. Thought it may be gps error but tried in a few different locations with good 15sat lock+. The only solution that worked was downgrading firmware. Not sure what the aberration is caused by. You are not alone, just in the minority with me and a few others.

I am going to take it up again the next few days when there is no wind and the weather is nicer in the NYC area and I am going to check and see how it handles... if its still jittery and the alt is all over the place, then I am going to downgrade to the previous firmware.
2018-4-2
Use props
eltoffer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787 ft
Mexico

HI I just saw this video (it is in Spanish) but he ensure this last update is triggering the internal fan stops suddenly making the drone to power off right after 30 secs or even worse burning the processor chip, he even claims DJI has accepted this issue.

when the update came I just pushed up to the aircraft and tried on my drone for at least 1 continuos hour but no issues whatsoever my concerning is to know if anyone of you knows something about this "issue" and if this is certainly due the last update

thanks a lot and have a nice fly
2018-4-2
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

as the date of vid is 1.04 not sure how real this problem is ;) but who knows maybe he just had a bad timing ;)
2018-4-2
Use props
fans298f2362
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981273 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

Should I update to .300? I’m worried that I’ll have range and less runtime after the update.
2018-4-4
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans298f2362 Posted at 2018-4-4 18:16
Should I update to .300? I’m worried that I’ll have range and less runtime after the update.

Of course you should. Apparently only a small number of people are affected, and even if your Air is affected, it's easily downgradable back to the .200 fw
2018-4-4
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

I updated mine as soon as I received my Mavic Air about 10 days ago.

This evening I got a message in the DJI app about inconsistent firmware and it downloaded a "new" version but it was still v01.00.0300. Why would it do that?
2018-4-7
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

this message will come if battery firmware is other as it suppose be with .300 (=latest) let it update battery and all should be ok.
2018-4-8
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

marcel_911 Posted at 2018-4-7 17:25
I updated mine as soon as I received my Mavic Air about 10 days ago.

This evening I got a message in the DJI app about inconsistent firmware and it downloaded a "new" version but it was still v01.00.0300. Why would it do that?

I assume this is your first DJI Drone...  but here is what you need to know.  after every firmware update, power down your drone, swap in any extra batteries you have and restart it.  It will give you the inconsistent firmware message, let it update it and repeat until this is done to all the batteries you own.

This is standard process for DJI drones (or any drone with 'smart' batteries).  This will save you grief in the field.  I also don't know for sure if the battery update can be accidently done while its in flight which may cause you battery to disconnect and stop powering the aircraft while flying.  So its good to do this upgrade to each battery after each firmware.

I have never tested if the Mavic air will prompt for update while in flight, but based on experience with my Inspire 2 that asked me to do the update while it was in flight I'm super careful with battery firmware.  That could have been a glitch in the Inspire firmware as it was always asking me to update the battery despite the update already being completed.  I had to use DJI assistant in that case, downgrade the firmware, and then upgrade again for the issue to resolve.

Bottom line, get into the habit of  restarting the Mavic with each battery you own in place until all them are updated.  This small step in the firmware update process will save you grief.
2018-4-8
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809783 ft

Mavic Air choppy video/signal loss

Phone galaxy s7
Fully updated.refreshed latest Firmware AC and RC

Video will be choppy and signal will be lost around 150 feet.

I guess Once the aircraft boots...the default channel will be corrupted..i mentioned only in auto mode earlier..but it happens in manual mode also..

one channel change..it flys normal..even if the channel is red

For example :
I booted aircraft..and the channel is 6..if the video is choppy and signal lost...i land the aircraft..change to channel 7..flys ok..then if i land and change back to original channel 6..its choppy and signal loss..(no external interference

My conclusion is the aircraft is corrupting the channel which it boots..

Working temporary solution

In auto mode or custom mode the default channel selected will be corrupted once the AC restart

Only work around is i need to go to custom mode and Change ONE CHANNEL MANDATORYLY....but the problem with custom channel is it does not give correct readings..if you see most of the 2.4 channels are red...its not because of external wifi..its from the ac...my work around is open wifi analyser..check for clean channel..and select that channel in go4...with this method no signal loss..if i stick to same channel after restart..problem again(not always but most of the time)... unnecessarily dont have to switch to 5.8 thinking all 2.4g channels are bad
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_Vuf4hhPKeQpl
New
Flight distance : 9364 ft

Brazil

Atualizei meu Mavic pro para 4.4.28 e a imagem está congelando direto. É quando entro em transmissão e Clico em custom não aparece as opções de canais pra trocar. Alguém com esse problema ou solução?
2018-4-10
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

All good here. No issues at all with the latest FW.
2018-4-11
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
United States

Is there a way to tell what FW the batteries are on?  Just want to make sure I downgraded all mine to match the FW .200 that I just went back to
2018-4-11
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-22 05:47
That would actively make it a dynamic homepoint, which it doesn't to my knowledge... I don't know any better that its a one time reset of the current homeposition

4. Reset Your Home Point if You’re Moving

The swipe left short cut: that doesn’t seem to exist on my iPhone X flying a Mavic Air. Is there some secret to this?
2018-4-14
Use props
BZ101
lvl.3
United States

brianoflondon Posted at 2018-4-14 21:41
The swipe left short cut: that doesn’t seem to exist on my iPhone X flying a Mavic Air. Is there some secret to this?

+1 Same here. I'm on 4.2.12 latest iOS version.
2018-4-16
Use props
djiuser_qOD7GfWq71v8
lvl.1

Is this firmware update for just iOS or Android as well ???
2018-4-17
Use props
Jassm0n
New
Flight distance : 16181 ft
Kuwait

Hey guys, did this update fix the connection issues with the MA? am still having strong interference warnings all the time (both in FCC and CE).
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules